Colerain

It’s going to be Cutright 2.0….or worse.

Not very optimistic on this one. Hope I’m wrong.

This district always hires from within and keeps getting the same results. Bolden being a glaring exception.
Bolden did well, Coombs did well...we shall see.

I'm not sure anyone can bring the program back to Coombs or Bolden level...I think that ship has sailed and it was just a matter of time.

It’s going to be Cutright 2.0….or worse.

Not very optimistic on this one. Hope I’m wrong.

This district always hires from within and keeps getting the same results. Bolden being a glaring exception.
They’ve had one inside hire that didn’t work. What are you talking about?

They’ve had one inside hire that didn’t work. What are you talking about?
I was speaking generally more about the school district as a whole. They almost always hire somebody from within at key leadership positions.

Bolden was obviously a success, which I acknowledged.

Coombs, while an alumnus, technically came by way of Loveland.

I'm sure the Colerain faithful want a big name/established coach hire, but honestly, the job doesn't offer much. It's a crumbling building, lack-luster facilities, a community that struggles passing a levy, a school board that makes horrible bad decisions for the district and a football program that will struggle to compete with the upper tier of the GMC. Northwest Local is also quite a low paying district in Hamilton County and towards the bottom of the GMC with regards to pay. You also have a large population of the community that will think the glory days are just around the corner again and therefore have completely unrealistic expectations moving forward.

Now, I'm not saying Cut did a great job by any means, but I'm just saying that this search will be quite a bit more difficult than people think.
When you boys don't pay great coach's spit. How do you propose to get one who fits your criteria?

When you boys don't pay great coach's spit. How do you propose to get one who fits your criteria?
What criteria? I said the fanbase wants a big name. I don't think big name coaches are always best.

But the entire district needs big shake up from administration standpoint because they have screwed up entirely too much in the past 15 or so years.

Changing people who run the District won't change a thing. It is a crumbling District and it has been on this trajectory. The demographics aren't favorable and a new super or school board won't change that.

Changing people who run the District won't change a thing. It is a crumbling District and it has been on this trajectory. The demographics aren't favorable and a new super or school board won't change that.
It would likely change the attitude in the schools and community at large which could make a huge difference.

I truly hope that's the case; however, I fear the expectations are still sky high. I hope you are right yj, for the sake of Colerain and the community.
Speaking of high expectations from Colerain faithful. WHY have they never ventured into ole KENTUCK, to play three of the five winningest teams in the country?

The offense had zero identity at all.
Sounds a LOT like Valdosta of today! HOPEFULLY, in his first season as new VHS OC, Zack Grage (former OC at Colquitt County) will be able to create an offensive culture for the foreseeable future. Grage was OC for the 2015 Colquitt County National Championship team that scored nearly 700 points, in a schedule that included six nationally ranked opponents in the 15 game season. But offense sometimes takes far more than one season to develop. I guess we'll know soon enough, when the Wildcats trek to Massillon in August.

Speaking of high expectations from Colerain faithful. WHY have they never ventured into ole KENTUCK, to play three of the five winningest teams in the country?
Im guessing much has to do with how few out of conference games they have. And they had some in-cincy rivalries that everyone loved with GCL schools.

Colerain in their prime (under Combs/Bolden) would have destroyed ALL Northern KY teams.

Colerain would have also defeated Trinity and St X 80-90% of the time.

Also, Colerain only has a handful open dates on its schedule. Was three and now its two. They most often play X/LaSalle which are natural rivals. They also annually were matched up in the "Crosstown" event.

Lastly, it takes two teams to make a game work, and Id guess those KY schools wanted no part of Colerain.

What is up with the demo's in the district now?

Sad to see how far Colerain Football has fallen. Just not sure it will get back to the glory days any time soon.
They can, and will, be better. Order needs to be re-established and discipline instilled once again. They have forgotten that they have to work twice as hard and twice as long as the mega-suburban open enrollment publics and privates JUST to be competitive.

They will NEVER be what they were. NO public school will ever accomplish what Colerain did over their 20 year period from 2000 to 2019. It was, and will continue to be, the most dominant run of any public high school in Southwest Ohio. I will always remember it with fondness.

From here on out it's about providing a solid program for the kids to play and learn in as well as provide an avenue to go to college. And maybe, just maybe, there will be a team good enough one day to compete for a regional championship again. Wouldn't that be amazing!

-CardinalsFan