Colerain at La Salle.

It wasn’t just $$. He saw the pipeline was running dry. Not a guess.
The Colerain pipeline was the Northside KC football program. I knew someone in the know at White Oak who told me there was no one from White Oak on their varsity roster. Is the Northside KC program still around? Where are those kids going if not Colerain? Some one stated earlier St. Xavier and La Salle. Can Roger Bacon be getting some of them?

The Colerain pipeline was the Northside KC football program. I knew someone in the know at White Oak who told me there was no one from White Oak on their varsity roster. Is the Northside KC program still around? Where are those kids going if not Colerain? Some one stated earlier St. Xavier and La Salle. Can Roger Bacon be getting some of them?
North side KofC became Little Cards. But that pipeline is vastly overstated. Maybe a handful of kids each year. Just as many played CYO or some other youth program and just ended up at Colerain by high school and vice versa.

Colerain has always somewhat over achieved if you look at the number of DI kids that actually went through. Their strength was always maximizing the kids who would be great high school players but didn’t have the size to play beyond that.

The football team is just a lagging indicator of the area as whole. Colerain has rapidly declined in the last decade and the depth and numbers are starting to show it. Just look at the lines the past couple years, they have been tiny outside of one or two studs. I don’t think they will have a more than 1 offensive line over 225 LBs.

The rise of Lasalle also takes away kids. A decade ago Lasalle was mostly legacy kids l, now a high level kid is probably right to reconsider being a lancer with the number of DI and nfl players they have had.

And that’s not even to mention or downplay the rise of Ross on the other side of the district boundary. Lots of middle and working class families are migrating their and other districts.

didn't see payne most of the 4th injured again??? see many kids with cramps, hamstrings, etc ? poor hydration ???

didn't see payne most of the 4th injured again??? see many kids with cramps, hamstrings, etc ? poor hydration ???

It definitely looked like he was injured, although it didn't look serious.

It was good to get a win, but hopefully they play much better next week.

North side KofC became Little Cards. But that pipeline is vastly overstated. Maybe a handful of kids each year. Just as many played CYO or some other youth program and just ended up at Colerain by high school and vice versa.

Colerain has always somewhat over achieved if you look at the number of DI kids that actually went through. Their strength was always maximizing the kids who would be great high school players but didn’t have the size to play beyond that.

The football team is just a lagging indicator of the area as whole. Colerain has rapidly declined in the last decade and the depth and numbers are starting to show it. Just look at the lines the past couple years, they have been tiny outside of one or two studs. I don’t think they will have a more than 1 offensive line over 225 LBs.

The rise of Lasalle also takes away kids. A decade ago Lasalle was mostly legacy kids l, now a high level kid is probably right to reconsider being a lancer with the number of DI and nfl players they have had.

And that’s not even to mention or downplay the rise of Ross on the other side of the district boundary. Lots of middle and working class families are migrating their and other districts.

The NWLSD needs to combine Colerain and Northwest into one high school.

Some largely thoughts from a non-expert:
  • I thought Colerain's defense looked pretty good overall.
  • The Cards' offense was best when pounding Flowers ... that may have had more to do with LS, though.
  • The new La Salle defensive backfield played well ... Beasley made an insanely great play on a deep ball in the first half.
  • JJ Ruffin is going to be a problem for other offenses. Hopefully he gets some help up front.
  • Jaylen Grant looked really good running the ball. He carried the team in the fourth, killing the clock. Too bad on that dreadful snap on the late FG.
    • If Payne isn't hurt too badly again, they will be fun to watch.
  • Mattingly has a very nice arm, but there were some bad overthrows. I think I saw at least two that could have been TDs. I guess he'll settle in.

Some largely thoughts from a non-expert:
  • I thought Colerain's defense looked pretty good overall.
  • The Cards' offense was best when pounding Flowers ... that may have had more to do with LS, though.
  • The new La Salle defensive backfield played well ... Beasley made an insanely great play on a deep ball in the first half.
  • JJ Ruffin is going to be a problem for other offenses. Hopefully he gets some help up front.
  • Jaylen Grant looked really good running the ball. He carried the team in the fourth, killing the clock. Too bad on that dreadful snap on the late FG.
    • If Payne isn't hurt too badly again, they will be fun to watch.
  • Mattingly has a very nice arm, but there were some bad overthrows. I think I saw at least two that could have been TDs. I guess he'll settle in.
penalties for both teams 20 total for almost 160 yards pretty evenly split. Why are we seeing so many from LS over the past few years?
WW game will be interesting with their new coaches/ schemes/ but they have some darn good players coming back ....and coach and AD think this team can stand up to IMG ?????
How is the NG who was injured early on in the game

Colerain certainly looked better than advertised. I think they could win six games with losses to LS, X. LW, and P.
I liked Jaylen's and Josh's rushing.
I initally though LS could win 6 games. Now I think 4 is a more realistic number. Will four make the playoffs Based on past history in R8, it should put us 14-16 in the R8 harbins.

Colerain certainly looked better than advertised. I think they could win six games with losses to LS, X. LW, and P.
I liked Jaylen's and Josh's rushing.
I initally though LS could win 6 games. Now I think 4 is a more realistic number. Will four make the playoffs Based on past history in R8, it should put us 14-16 in the R8 harbins.
I agree. I thought LS looked pretty rough especially compared to watch X vs LW. 3-4 wins may be all they get this year if they look like that all year. I will say they did look bigger than I expected and if Gi'bran can get back to his sophomore self and the new QB can hit some of those throws they will be alright. If not though, they may be in for a long year.

Lasalle looked fidgety if that's a word. They should clean it up against Winton Woods. Just didn't look comfortable all night. The Lasalle defense looked great though. Running game picked up right where it left off as well.

To be candid, this is not the Colerain offensive attack of old. You may want to temper your confidence in their defensive effort.
Maybe. But 8 was pretty slippery and 9 was very hard to bring down. I think Colerain is clearly on the downward trend after seeing what LS freshman and reserve teams did to them, but there is some fight left on varsity.

Last edited: