Colerain 2015

Ghost of Colerain

Well 2014 is a wrap. So on to next year. By my math we have 7 back on offense and 7 back defense. With the defense having another 5 or so guys with lots of playing time. Maybe Hyde stays at corner and Stanley drops back to safety. Zack Johnson maybe playing more as a wing. Should be a good year. I hear the jv and frosh qb are good, what's there future? Who steps in as another wing? Been a while since we return this amount of starters. Should be a good year in 2015.

I would be interested to hear some projections here also. When the first team O and D were on the field I just did not see any size on the side line. And when you remove the freshmen, there just weren't many players.

I would be interested to hear some projections here also. When the first team O and D were on the field I just did not see any size on the side line. And when you remove the freshmen, there just weren't many players.

The squad next year will be over 100 not counting freshmen and several freshmen from this year will contribute right away. Next years team will be a lot deeper from a talent standpoint.

2014--------------- 2015
14 seniors--------- 35 seniors
35 juniors--------- 39 juniors
39 sophomores--- 40 sophomores

The 2015 numbers are approximate based on the numbers moving up but next years team will be much bigger and stronger based on another year of growth and the weight room alone.

My early guess for the D. DL: Ryan Williams, Chris Albert, Devin Williams. LB: Daryl Gardner, Kyle Bolden, Dan Bolden, Ryan Davis. DB: Kevin Hyde an A. Reip at corners. And Jones and Beavers/Nelson or move Kawantay Stanley back. I also thought Jalen Spears played good on d. Wonder if he stays on d since Niehaus moved to TE.

My early guess for the D. DL: Ryan Williams, Chris Albert, Devin Williams. LB: Daryl Gardner, Kyle Bolden, Dan Bolden, Ryan Davis. DB: Kevin Hyde an A. Reip at corners. And Jones and Beavers/Nelson or move Kawantay Stanley back. I also thought Jalen Spears played good on d. Wonder if he stays on d since Niehaus moved to TE.

How about moving Dan Bolden to the defensive line?

Offense: OL/TE: Desmond Noel, Brandon Bebe, Jesse Lockwood, Howard Watkins, Niehaus/Spears. QB D.Jones FB Caldwell WB Zach Johnson. The other WB, OL, and WR I have no clue. Anybody know who the key players are jv and frosh who could move up and play there?

Offense: OL/TE: Desmond Noel, Brandon Bebe, Jesse Lockwood, Howard Watkins, Niehaus/Spears. QB D.Jones FB Caldwell WB Zach Johnson. The other WB, OL, and WR I have no clue. Anybody know who the key players are jv and frosh who could move up and play there?

Javon Hicks from the freshmen team is one of the best freshmen that I've seen at Colerain in years and will contribute right away. He could be used at about any skill position, offense or defense, depending on where he is most needed.

Javon Hicks from the freshmen team is one of the best freshmen that I've seen at Colerain in years and will contribute right away. He could be used at about any skill position, offense or defense, depending on where he is most needed.
Don't know who he is, but can he play defense? Let me say that again...DEFENSE!!!

This program has failed to get back because of the lack of shutdown defenses. I am very excited about having the Bolden's at LB the next two years together, and Danny for the next three. But we have GOT to find bigger, strong DL or these OL's from the GCL are going to continue to push us all over the field and there won't be a GD thing we can do about it.

Time to take some angry OL and make them DL...the days of 5'7" 190lb lineman ended in 1978.

-CardinalsFan

Don't know who he is, but can he play defense? Let me say that again...DEFENSE!!!

This program has failed to get back because of the lack of shutdown defenses. I am very excited about having the Bolden's at LB the next two years together, and Danny for the next three. But we have GOT to find bigger, strong DL or these OL's from the GCL are going to continue to push us all over the field and there won't be a GD thing we can do about it.

Time to take some angry OL and make them DL...the days of 5'7" 190lb lineman ended in 1978.

-CardinalsFan

Defense was not the problem Saturday. Turnovers and special teams play were the determining factors in the game. I think shutdown defenses in high school are the thing of the past.

Wb is the position of need on offense. Defense should be a lot better next year.

Defense was not the problem Saturday. Turnovers and special teams play were the determining factors in the game. I think shutdown defenses in high school are the thing of the past.
Really? You think that?

Look at the following numbers:

Team A: 77.3
Team B: 64.7
Team C: 101.5
Team D: 121.9
Team E: 206.1

Those are rushing yards allowed per game this season. You want to guess which one is Colerain? You are smart gocards, I don't have to tell you it's Team E. Know who the other teams are? I do...

Hudson
St. Edward
Moeller
St. Xavier

We won the turnover battle vs. St. Xavier, 3-1.

We lost because we couldn't get our defense off the field allowing 5 3rd/4th down conversions
We lost because we allowed 295 yards rushing to a team that had been averaging 100 yards LESS than that per game
We lost because we gave up almost 400 yards of offense

In short, we lost because we don't field the type of defenses that get you deep into the playoffs anymore. Why? I have no idea. All I know is that until THAT changes, a good defense is going to slow down any offense enough to win the game.

Deshaunte Jones went from averaging 125 yds/game to 44 vs. St. X.

Don't tell me it isn't the defense. That has been, and continues to be the achilles heel of this program.

-CardinalsFan

Really? You think that?

Look at the following numbers:

Team A: 77.3
Team B: 64.7
Team C: 101.5
Team D: 121.9
Team E: 206.1

Those are rushing yards allowed per game this season. You want to guess which one is Colerain? You are smart gocards, I don't have to tell you it's Team E. Know who the other teams are? I do...

Hudson
St. Edward
Moeller
St. Xavier

We won the turnover battle vs. St. Xavier, 3-1.

We lost because we couldn't get our defense off the field allowing 5 3rd/4th down conversions
We lost because we allowed 295 yards rushing to a team that had been averaging 100 yards LESS than that per game
We lost because we gave up almost 400 yards of offense

In short, we lost because we don't field the type of defenses that get you deep into the playoffs anymore. Why? I have no idea. All I know is that until THAT changes, a good defense is going to slow down any offense enough to win the game.

Deshaunte Jones went from averaging 125 yds/game to 44 vs. St. X.

Don't tell me it isn't the defense. That has been, and continues to be the achilles heel of this program.

-CardinalsFan

I repeat. Defense was not the reason we lost Saturday. Earlier in the year it was a major problem because of our youth and a couple of key injuries. The offense directly gave St X 9 points with turnovers. We won the turnover battle 3-1 because the defense stripped the ball from the St X ball carriers 2 times. The St X kickoff team kept Colerain in the hole the whole game because the offense had trouble moving out of their own territory. The key factors were primarily key turnovers by the offense and St X's superior kicking game giving them field position. How many times did St X take over the ball at midfield and how many times did they score from there.
St X scored 2 touchdowns against the Colerain defense with long drives which isn't bad.

I repeat. Defense was not the reason we lost Saturday. Earlier in the year it was a major problem because of our youth and a couple of key injuries. The offense directly gave St X 9 points with turnovers. We won the turnover battle 3-1 because the defense stripped the ball from the St X ball carriers 2 times. The St X kickoff team kept Colerain in the hole the whole game because the offense had trouble moving out of their own territory. The key factors were primarily key turnovers by the offense and St X's superior kicking game giving them field position. How many times did St X take over the ball at midfield and how many times did they score from there.
St X scored 2 touchdowns against the Colerain defense with long drives which isn't bad.
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

-CF

The defense did not cost Colerain this game completely. After rewatching this game several times, it looks like X did it's homework, and play called and ran away from Colerain's defensive playmakers. The defensive coaches never adjusted the entire game. As for the offense Colerain has to mature and the offensive as to play to it's kids talents and strengths and knowledge of the game vs sheer athletic ability. St X's D was not as athletic as the Colerain, but they were positioned to make stops. 9 smart players in the box will trump athletic ability all day. Keep in mind the GMC schedule does Colerain no favors, besides 1 or 2 tough games a year which are only tough if Colerain is turning the ball over. Jones did good at QB this year, but he's an inside runner, and a better passer than I thought he would be. Caldwell showed flashes, but it will come with time I hope that if he keeps his head up and see's the field, we will get much more production out of him. At some point the WR position will have to be taken more seriously at Colerain, if a state title is truly the goal of this program. GMC defenses don't have to be kept honest, but when playoff time arrives and schools with great defenses don't have to worry about the pass, 2 to 3 games in the playoffs is going to be as good as it gets. Spend more time passing during the GMC slate, so come playoff time 9 in the box will become a thing of the past. :stirthepot:

What position did Javon Hicks play on freshman team?

Corner on defense, wide receiver and running back on offense. He's a big kid that could probably play anywhere in the defensive backfield. Outstanding hands and has a nose for the ball.

Meatrack decommitted from EMU.. Anyone seeing him get more looks, he deserves a chance to play ball at the D1 level forsure.

Meatrack decommitted from EMU.. Anyone seeing him get more looks, he deserves a chance to play ball at the D1 level forsure.
Eastern Michigan IS D1. The tweet mentioned some "problems." Anyone have any idea what's going on there? Is that an EMU issue or a Demetrius issue?

-CardinalsFan

Eastern Michigan IS D1. The tweet mentioned some "problems." Anyone have any idea what's going on there? Is that an EMU issue or a Demetrius issue?

-CardinalsFan

I know why but cant elaborate. If he went there he wouldn't be able to immediately play and would have to sit out a year and he is not open to doing that at the moment. It is nothing grade related.

The question I am asking here is does anyone think he will get more looks because at this point EMU is no longer a option. EMU really messed up because he was their top recruit.

Does anyone have incite to the rumor of Colerain and Northwest combining. Colerain would house the 10 - 12 and Northwest would become the freshmen building? Or,is this an old rumor I am just now hearing about?

Does anyone have incite to the rumor of Colerain and Northwest combining. Colerain would house the 10 - 12 and Northwest would become the freshmen building? Or,is this an old rumor I am just now hearing about?
This has been talked about for years. If the decision is made to combine the schools, I would think they would eventually try to build a new school to house all the students in one place. At least I would hope that would be the case. However, given the updates to CHS over the past 18 months, that may not be realistic.

I think it's going to happen. Just not sure when.

-CardinalsFan

Any news from Cardinal Country?
Very quiet, as it usually is this time of year. What news are you looking for, exactly?

National Letter of Intent day is Wed. Feb. 4.
Midnight Lift for parents/family is usually the last boys home basketball game, which is currently scheduled for Tue. Feb. 10.

-CardinalsFan

Very quiet, as it usually is this time of year. What news are you looking for, exactly?

National Letter of Intent day is Wed. Feb. 4.
Midnight Lift for parents/family is usually the last boys home basketball game, which is currently scheduled for Tue. Feb. 10.

-CardinalsFan

Any. This thread used to run with the best. Not so much anymore.