Coaching openings

Salad76

Several already in this area on the boys side in this area including Ursuline, Canfield, Boardman and Crestview. All winning programs with solid foundations.

What openings are there in your area?

Seen several coaches get burned by the 'union contract says a teacher can take any coaching job they want' nonsense.

Not sure what the point is, especially if you have a good program going.

Anyone know who the new Alter coach is?
I was wondering the same thing. We play them every year, and their coach last year seemed to have the program on the right track. Genuinely surprised they didn't give him the job long-term, especially considering that they had a solid 2022...despite the tumultuous circumstances surrounding the start of the season.

In other SW Division II boys' news, I have heard rumblings that McNick is planning to hire an assistant from a local DI program as their new HC, but I don't know if that is final yet.

Under the radar hiring, out of NKY.

Boone County - Tony Trenkamp

Tony was an assistant and JV head coach with Dixie Heights HS for two seasons. Has been head coach at Conner previously.

Under the radar hiring, out of NKY.

Boone County - Tony Trenkamp

Tony was an assistant and JV head coach with Dixie Heights HS for two seasons. Has been head coach at Conner previously.
I am hearing now that this is not happening.

Glancing through the OHSAA page...

Looks like South Range just posted both their boys and girls head coach position this week.
Perry Local Schools posted their boys position (head and assistant) last week as well.
I guess Buckeye's position is open too - not sure what happened there, as they've been a pretty successful program as of late.
Kenston is listed as well, but it's a month or so old, so that one might have been filled by now.

Yes they have named the coach from last year Thomas Howell as their coach.
Good choice. I thought he did a nice job in his first year; I was actually surprised that they considered going a different direction. From my interactions with him, he seems to be a good guy and a good coach who wants to continue building Alter's program the right way. Good hire, IMO.

Glancing through the OHSAA page...

Looks like South Range just posted both their boys and girls head coach position this week.
Perry Local Schools posted their boys position (head and assistant) last week as well.
I guess Buckeye's position is open too - not sure what happened there, as they've been a pretty successful program as of late.
Kenston is listed as well, but it's a month or so old, so that one might have been filled by now.
The Range one is interesting. They were young and building last year?

Kenston? They graduate everyone after a nice season perhaps?

Looks like Boardman may have finally filled their spot.

The Range opening is a good job.

The game of musical chairs is almost over!

Mike Crane resigns at Bellbrook to take assistant job with Miami U women's team. Who get's the Bellbrook job?

Terrell’s son played his freshman year at Bellbrook with Trace and that talented class, then they decided to move to Centerville because his kid wanted to make his own impact elsewhere. I’m not sure Terrell burned the bridge I think the administration burned the bridge. I feel he’s going to be just fine watching his son play at a high level at Centerville.

John-Mark Mocas has been named the coach at Bellbrook. He is a Bellbrook alum that played at Otterbein and has been the JV coach for Centerville girls the past several years