Coaching Carousel 2021/22

If ND does squeak into the playoffs, that’s another huge L for Kelly.
Oklahoma State losing puts them in. No way does Bama beat Georgia the way their offensive line is this year. Highly doubt committee takes a 2 loss Baylor or Bama over them.

If ND does squeak into the playoffs, that’s another huge L for Kelly.
The ultimate egg on Colonel Kelly’s face would be Freeman winning a playoff game in his first game after Kelly couldn’t do it in his entire tenure.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Oklahoma State losing puts them in. No way does Bama beat Georgia the way their offensive line is this year. Highly doubt committee takes a 2 loss Baylor or Bama over them.
It’s 10-7 UGA. Bama can absolutely win.

Will be interesting to see Georgia play from behind since they haven’t had to all season. Jameson Williams already with 100 yards and a touchdown he’s been their offense all year.
Entering choke mode. Good call earlier.

Brent Venables appears to be Oklahoma’s next coach, according to ESPN. I don’t know about this one. Venables has always seemed like someone who is best suited to be a DC and not head coach to me.

With so many guys already bailing on Oklahoma and the imminent move to the SEC, even the best of coaches might struggle here for a bit. I don’t see this move working out.

The New Big 12 CAN’T CUT THE MUSTARD!

Brent Venables appears to be Oklahoma’s next coach, according to ESPN. I don’t know about this one. Venables has always seemed like someone who is best suited to be a DC and not head coach to me.

With so many guys already bailing on Oklahoma and the imminent move to the SEC, even the best of coaches might struggle here for a bit. I don’t see this move working out.

The New Big 12 CAN’T CUT THE MUSTARD!
I don’t like that at all. Sure, he was a longtime Sooner DC under Stoops, but OU wasn’t known for their D under Stoops, either. Turning it over to Riley worked for them. Turning OSU over to Day has mostly worked, but I’m seldom in favor of handing the keys of a major program to someone who has never ran a program. Venables could just as easily become John Blake, rather than Lincoln Riley.

OU did a pretty quick about-face from the 2000-02 era when they were built on defense with guys like Roy Williams, Torrance Marshall, Rocky Calmus, etc. to being an exclusively offense-focused team by the time guys like Sam Bradford, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Broyles and DeMarco Murray came into the program by around 2006-07.

As called out earlier many Clemson fans are OK with Venerables moving on. This DC hire will be key for Dabo's future as a CFP title contender.

Correction: he played in grade school. That’s the highest level he played at.

Now, before you or him ask, that’s the highest level I played at, but I’m not constantly trying to come across as some football savant.
I'm not either but I did play at a high level and was lucky enough to coach (HS).

I only asked because of his barbecuing of players. I figured that was the answer.

Correction: he played in grade school. That’s the highest level he played at.

Now, before you or him ask, that’s the highest level I played at, but I’m not constantly trying to come across as some football savant.
I don’t claim to be a savant, I do a lot of reading on this stuff. I know the Xs and Os better than most, but I don’t claim to know more than coaches.

I'm not either but I did play at a high level and was lucky enough to coach (HS).

I only asked because of his barbecuing of players. I figured that was the answer.
Who did I “barbecue”? Bennett? Most of the college football media is doing that.

Some thoughts about the coaching changes and rumors:

Brian Kelly continues to prove what complete douche bag he is. You can blame it on the NCAA too, but him leaving now is really low down. Stay until you see if you're in the playoffs or even after the bowl game. With transfer portal and recruiting the way it is, you may get hurt for one year by not being around for the early signing period.

I used to be a typical Catholic kid growing up being a ND fan. As I got older I've come to really dislike this program and most of it's fans. Very arrogant as fans and in real life. I believe it's a Jezzie thing. As for Marcus Freeman being Head Coach they really scored here. I think Marcus is a coach of the future and you'll see a ND team with a different attitude next year. I always felt ND trended to play tight under Kelly, because of what a he was. I think Marcus is a stand up guy and a really good coach. Interesting to see coaches staying with him versus showing an interest to follow Kelly. That in and of itself is a big statement about Kelly Douche.

Ryan Day to the pros? WHY? He's at one of the top college programs that continues to score top recruits. I think if he cleans up that defensive coaching staff in the off season he'll continue to contend for the playoffs and a shot at a national title. He's got a young team with a lot of potential.

Coach Fickle and UC sure seems like a good match. No one really knows what is in someone's heart but of course being an OSU grad and former coach you would think that would be big lure but Ohio State already bailed on him once so you have to wonder if that left a sour taste. UC's program has a bright future as it gets ready to move into the Big 12. Maybe part of it is my wish that UC could keep a quality guy for long term but Cincinnati has been good for Fickle, maybe when all is said and done he'll realize the grass is not always greener on some other field.

With the money now being offered these top coaches I really don't see an end to the revolving carousel. Anyone who looks at it rationally really can't get too upset with these coaches moving all the time unless you're like Kelly and make it pretty obvious it's all about ME!

What are some other's thoughts about this new amusement ride in the NCAA?

One last note, it is kind of sad that loyalty is only found far and few between in today's world. I'm not sure what the answer is because who wouldn't take the big carrot when it's hanging out there for you to grab. But at some point when is enough money enough and you start looking at a coaching position beyond just the financial rewards?

Some thoughts about the coaching changes and rumors:

Brian Kelly continues to prove what complete douche bag he is. You can blame it on the NCAA too, but him leaving now is really low down. Stay until you see if you're in the playoffs or even after the bowl game. With transfer portal and recruiting the way it is, you may get hurt for one year by not being around for the early signing period.

I used to be a typical Catholic kid growing up being a ND fan. As I got older I've come to really dislike this program and most of it's fans. Very arrogant as fans and in real life. I believe it's a Jezzie thing. As for Marcus Freeman being Head Coach they really scored here. I think Marcus is a coach of the future and you'll see a ND team with a different attitude next year. I always felt ND trended to play tight under Kelly, because of what a he was. I think Marcus is a stand up guy and a really good coach. Interesting to see coaches staying with him versus showing an interest to follow Kelly. That in and of itself is a big statement about Kelly Douche.

Ryan Day to the pros? WHY? He's at one of the top college programs that continues to score top recruits. I think if he cleans up that defensive coaching staff in the off season he'll continue to contend for the playoffs and a shot at a national title. He's got a young team with a lot of potential.

Coach Fickle and UC sure seems like a good match. No one really knows what is in someone's heart but of course being an OSU grad and former coach you would think that would be big lure but Ohio State already bailed on him once so you have to wonder if that left a sour taste. UC's program has a bright future as it gets ready to move into the Big 12. Maybe part of it is my wish that UC could keep a quality guy for long term but Cincinnati has been good for Fickle, maybe when all is said and done he'll realize the grass is not always greener on some other field.

With the money now being offered these top coaches I really don't see an end to the revolving carousel. Anyone who looks at it rationally really can't get too upset with these coaches moving all the time unless you're like Kelly and make it pretty obvious it's all about ME!

What are some other's thoughts about this new amusement ride in the NCAA?

One last note, it is kind of sad that loyalty is only found far and few between in today's world. I'm not sure what the answer is because who wouldn't take the big carrot when it's hanging out there for you to grab. But at some point when is enough money enough and you start looking at a coaching position beyond just the financial rewards?
I’m hopeful Fickell is the type of guy that wants roots and that UC pays him as a top coach in the country

The U's Athletic Department asked the media not to ask Mario Cristobal about the process of being hired. That doesn't seem sus at all. ?