Coaching Carousel 2021/22

IDK Iowa State had mostly been a Vanderbilt level cellar dweller till Campbell. It's arguably tougher to win 8 games a year there than to have success at UC

It would appear Campbell will interview with the Sooners, if he already hasn't. Oklahoma also waiting until after Saturday in attempts to interview Fickell. Other potential candidates previously reported include Venables and Georgia DC, Dan Lanning. In the meantime, Big Game Bob is getting a sweet bonus for helping out in the interim.

IDK Iowa State had mostly been a Vanderbilt level cellar dweller till Campbell. It's arguably tougher to win 8 games a year there than to have success at UC
And Campbell might decide to stay at Iowa State knowing he might win 10+ every season without Oklahoma and Texas in the Big 12.

Sounds like marital problems. Anytime a coach unexpectedly steps down and mentions his wife and needing a reset, new perspective, etc, it usually means he got caught.
Usually I’d agree, but Mendenhall is a weirdo, so I don’t think that’s it.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

AEW Champion: Sixty-Minute Man

This is too funny, what a huckster
Dude was born & raised in Massachusetts, spent one decade coaching in Michigan and another decade coaching in Indiana. The furthest team south he has coached until now is Cincinnati.

This reminds me of chicks who move south and immediately began saying "y'all" within one week of living there. Kelly is such a loser.

Dude was born & raised in Massachusetts, spent one decade coaching in Michigan and another decade coaching in Indiana. The furthest team south he has coached until now is Cincinnati.

This reminds me of chicks who move south and immediately began saying "y'all" within one week of living there. Kelly is such a loser.
Greater Cincinnati does have its share of hillbillies, to be fair.

AEW Champion: Greatness Personified

Latest word is Venables is not headed to OU and they are moving onto Dan Lanning, UGA DC. Interesting to see these big programs give the keys off to someone who hasn’t been a HC before.

Latest word is Venables is not headed to OU and they are moving onto Dan Lanning, UGA DC. Interesting to see these big programs give the keys off to someone who hasn’t been a HC before.
I can’t believe it, either. If I’m OU I’m talking to Campbell, Fickell, Cristobal, Kiffin, Pittman and even Fleck. Heck, I’d even kick the tires on Ryan Day if I were them now that they are used big time QB play. In fact, feel out Dabo. Exhaust all avenues.

I can’t believe it, either. If I’m OU I’m talking to Campbell, Fickell, Cristobal, Kiffin, Pittman and even Fleck. Heck, I’d even kick the tires on Ryan Day if I were them now that they are used big time QB play. In fact, feel out Dabo. Exhaust all avenues.
It seems like Oklahoma is toxic right now because of the move to the SEC and recruiting the next couple years might be rough as many recruits in the pipeline were tied at the hip to Riley and are moving over to USC with him. Heck little brother Mark Stoops appears to rather want to stay at a hoops school than move over to OU. A coordinator looking to make the move up might be their only real choice.

It seems like Oklahoma is toxic right now because of the move to the SEC and recruiting the next couple years might be rough as many recruits in the pipeline were tied at the hip to Riley and are moving over to USC with him. Heck little brother Mark Stoops appears to rather want to stay at a hoops school than move over to OU. A coordinator looking to make the move up might be their only real choice.
I wouldn’t worry about the move to the SEC so much if I was a coach looking to hit a home run…which OU is. Saban will be done soon and the beast dies with him. Sure, Bama will always be Bama, but normal Bama…on par with the other top programs…but not this above everyone else Bama of the Saban era.

And if you’re OU you don’t want a coach that’s afraid of life in the SEC, so good riddance to Riley anyway. Go for a coach who is comfortable with life in the SEC, such as Pittman or Kiffin.

In Marks defense he has arguably the best job in college football. Win 7-8 games a year, sprinkle in some 9-10 win seasons and some 5-6 win seasons, win some minor bowl games and get paid $5m a year. Almost no pressure for a damn good salary.

I wouldn’t worry about the move to the SEC so much if I was a coach looking to hit a home run…which OU is. Saban will be done soon and the beast dies with him. Sure, Bama will always be Bama, but normal Bama…on par with the other top programs…but not this above everyone else Bama of the Saban era.

And if you’re OU you don’t want a coach that’s afraid of life in the SEC, so good riddance to Riley anyway. Go for a coach who is comfortable with life in the SEC, such as Pittman or Kiffin.
After this offseason I’ll never say never, but I don’t think Pittman ever leaves Arkansas on his own accord. Not to say don’t perform your due diligence, but that man loves the school and town.

After this offseason I’ll never say never, but I don’t think Pittman ever leaves Arkansas on his own accord. Not to say don’t perform your due diligence, but that man loves the school and town.
He is actually my top choice for OU. I think he would fit in well with the culture and I believe he can handle the job. Heck, I was so excited about him at Arkansas I picked him to upset Georgia earlier this season. Didn't work out so well. But in coming years? The Hogs might be the big boys of the SEC West for a while.

I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. My concern is this year, they were actually expected to win the B12 and fell flat on their face. Will he be able to handle a program where winning is expected?

He is actually my top choice for OU. I think he would fit in well with the culture and I believe he can handle the job. Heck, I was so excited about him at Arkansas I picked him to upset Georgia earlier this season. Didn't work out so well. But in coming years? The Hogs might be the big boys of the SEC West for a while.
I don’t think he’d fit at OU. He’s like a Mark Stoops, where he’s best being at a program that knows they’re not going to be competing a top the SEC every yr.

I think he’s at Ark long term.

Kiffin might work. I think the expectations at OU are too high for Pittman

Mario Cristobal certainly didn’t do anything to dampen the rumor of him going to Miami. First, his team got absolutely massacred again. Then in the press conference, he would only say that Oregon is putting some stuff together for him. He never said he’d agree to it, or that he was staying, or that he wasn’t going to Miami. So I think the writing is on the wall — he’ll be Miami’s head coach within a few days.

Beware the Cougar at dusk