Coach "Y"

Slide-by

Cooling Off
Congrats to our new wrestling coach Yonasonis on receiving the GCL Coach of the Year award at the GCL's this weekend. The Moeller wrestlers won yet another GCL title, I believe their 13th in a row. Coach Y has taken the reigns and is leading a very young group consisting of only one senior but are still getting it done!

I hope he does well. I love the Moeller Wrestling Program. I hope he can keep it at a high level.

BTW, I heard about the shirts the Mason Wrestlers were wearing....I'm not on board.

I hope he does well. I love the Moeller Wrestling Program. I hope he can keep it at a high level.

BTW, I heard about the shirts the Mason Wrestlers were wearing....I'm not on board.

The shirts didn't help. We beat every Mason wrestler we faced this season.

and the mason shirts said.......?

I read about it in another thread and there was something in the Enquirer about it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know the exact saying, but it was something along the lines of their program being built, not recruited.

Personally, I'm pretty surprised a coach/athletic director would allow shirts like that....pretty classless. You won...good for you. Act like you've been there.

Looks like this might be what they were referring to:

http://thecspn.com/?p=27848

"Homegrown" with the inference being obvious.

--
"After already being crowned the 2015 City Champs, GMC Champs, and Sectional Champs, the Mason High School wrestling team added another award to their collection by winning the OHSAA Southwest District title this past weekend; the second public school in the last 17 years to outplace Catholic schools such as Moeller who took home first in previous years."

"This season, the Comets made t-shirts that read ‘Home Grown’ and according to sophomore Colin Schuster it’s a reminder to his team that by training the young athletes in Mason’s wrestling program, they can be just as good as a team like Moeller whose players aren’t filtered in through younger programs."

How about that Moeller wrestling squad huh??? Moeller wins districts, sending 8 on to compete at State. That's 8 individual Moeller wrestlers that are among the 16 best in Ohio... not a bad club to be in considering what a tough wrestling state Ohio is.

Good job Coach Y & Co. Have a good week, and bring it home Saturday.