Coach Frye retiring

Any chance SM hires a coach whom, G A S P, will incorporate the pass more and make them a more well rounded, better offense?
I'm not sure they have any reason to make that their priority. And believe it or not, St Marys is not the worst passing offense in the WBL.

Wapak will always take that trophy.
Solid teams who have had issues getting over the hump in the postseason.............

I am not saying they need to be prolific passing programs, but having the ability to throw the ball more effectively can go a very long way in extending one's season.

Having the ability to do both consistently is paramount to success. Now I will never expect to see St Marys come out in a 4 wide set and become a spread offense. Their line fits the wing T better but you could also throw the ball out of the wing T

St Marys was in the state semifinals just a few seasons ago. They do what they do and they do it incredibly well. And have probably been better coached than most of their opponents despite maybe not having as much talent. I'm not sure a more diverse offense would've been the differentiating factor against the Wyoming's or Trotwood's of D3/D4. Those are tough games regardless.

St Marys was in the state semifinals just a few seasons ago. They do what they do and they do it incredibly well. And have probably been better coached than most of their opponents despite maybe not having as much talent. I'm not sure a more diverse offense would've been the differentiating factor against the Wyoming's or Trotwood's of D3/D4. Those are tough games regardless.
You are being obtuse if you do not think a more proficient passing attack would have helped vs those two teams. Against the best teams is when having a more balanced offense is most important.

You are being obtuse if you do not think a more proficient passing attack would have helped vs those two teams. Against the best teams is when having a more balanced offense is most important.
Helped? Sure. Difference between winning and losing? No sir.

Helped? Sure. Difference between winning and losing? No sir.
I dont want to bring this into it, but if you look at the local conference to the WBL that has had quite a bit of postseason success you will see teams full of the ability to pass and run the football.
Of course they have their bread and butter, but what generally has sent them a part from strictly one dimensional teams was their ability to throw, and run, effectively.

I dont want to bring this into it, but if you look at the local conference to the WBL that has had quite a bit of postseason success you will see teams full of the ability to pass and run the football.
Of course they have their bread and butter, but what generally has sent them a part from strictly one dimensional teams was their ability to throw, and run, effectively.
Their most recent playoff losses were:
2020: 44-14
2019: 41-7
2018: 35-14

Being able to throw the ball "effectively" in those games doesn't change the outcome.

The NWC or BVC? ;)

Emphasis on HEAD COACH, I don't think from what I'm hearing it's gonna be Bo. Him being apart of that investigation in 2016 is turning the administration off.
So it is going to be outside the box hire then? I can't think of any big time Wing T head coaches who would be interested in this job in Ohio.

So it is going to be outside the box hire then? I can't think of any big time Wing T head coaches who would be interested in this job in Ohio.

Mike Fell is available, he ran the Wing T at Grove from 1990-1999 before he went to Celina. I really doubt he comes back to Lima area though as he can retire and golf any day of the week if he wants to in Arizona.

Mike Fell is available, he ran the Wing T at Grove from 1990-1999 before he went to Celina. I really doubt he comes back to Lima area though as he can retire and golf any day of the week if he wants to in Arizona.
He’s absolutely not a Wing T guy now though.

Emphasis on HEAD COACH, I don't think from what I'm hearing it's gonna be Bo. Him being apart of that investigation in 2016 is turning the administration off.
Of all the things to disqualify Bo for it's gonna be that investigation? That his father was also a part of? And did not lose his job over. Got it

You r who you r . Different type of offenses have success in the playoffs. Running teams win state, passing teams win state and teams with balance win state. Frye won with a program that was 0 - 10 before he got their and SM is playing opponents such as Trotwood in the play offs. How many state titles do u think Coldwater or ML would have playing that type of talent ?