Coach Frye retiring

really? then alot of coaches have wasted talent..... at Sidney....
I don't think anyone has had as much talent at Sidney than Doenges, he had 3 division 1 athletes and their celling was the regional semi finals.

Lets get this post out of the way because its coming.
They should consider Mike Cramer for the head coaching job with the job he did laying the foundation that is Marion Local football. There it has been asked like eveytime a head coaching position comes up this post comes with it. PLEASE for the love of GOD give this man a coaching job.
Some believe he is totally behind the scenes and the person who is solely responsible for building the Browns into the franchise you saw last season.

He is T H A T good.

Some believe he is totally behind the scenes and the person who is solely responsible for building the Browns into the franchise you saw last season.

He is T H A T good.
He had a hand in the Dallas Cowboys drafts in the early 90's that netted 3 super bowl championships Jimmy didnt want Emmitt but coach cramer said give him a shot

really? then alot of coaches have wasted talent..... at Sidney....
If you have been around the program and watched you would understand. Players fighting on the sidelines, throwing their helmets down, cursing on the sidelines for all the stands to hear. What is done nothing. Oh wait they did suspend a player for the game after the playoff lose. This player all year threw temper tantrums on the sidelines. In the playoff game gets a personal foul should have had another in the late fourth quarter for hitting a player late. Then when coming off the field tells a coach "don't f word talk to me". The entire stands hears this, including the AD. Do you think he should have sat the rest of the game? That same player gets a personal foul in OT to move the PAT back and its missed. Losing the game. What would you feel should be done to a coach that let's this happen in MAC land?

If you have been around the program and watched you would understand. Players fighting on the sidelines, throwing their helmets down, cursing on the sidelines for all the stands to hear. What is done nothing. Oh wait they did suspend a player for the game after the playoff lose. This player all year threw temper tantrums on the sidelines. In the playoff game gets a personal foul should have had another in the late fourth quarter for hitting a player late. Then when coming off the field tells a coach "don't f word talk to me". The entire stands hears this, including the AD. Do you think he should have sat the rest of the game? That same player gets a personal foul in OT to move the PAT back and its missed. Losing the game. What would you feel should be done to a coach that let's this happen in MAC land?
bad culture , that is developed..... must be happe3ning during practice.........players MUST know what is acceptable and what is not..... has this happened in prior years under other coaches?

You're right terrible culture. Yes happens in practice, the f word the n word every day. This also the parents fault as well. I also blame it on the weak standards for discipline as most have become scared to discipline anyone. Their afraid of the backlash or being called racist. It will take someone special to turn around this program and I don't know if a person like that wants this job.

The talent is here. I've said all along that if you start winning, that a few extra role players will come out every year. Those players won't come out just to lose. Have a nice day and good luck to Minster in 21.

bad culture , that is developed..... must be happe3ning during practice.........players MUST know what is acceptable and what is not..... has this happened in prior years under other coaches?
As a coach, parent, mentor. What your permit, you endorse. What ya see on a Friday night is allowable in practice.

Ken Newland teams were pretty solid
Early mid 90's, Sidney just has not done a good job of hiring coaches. Before Frye ( period after SB ) and after Frye, St. Marys was lousy until Frye came back, all about hiring the right coach. Except for Coldwater, "tha voice" could coach the Cavs and a bad year would be 7 - 3 playing in the hillbilly small school MAC.

You have to understand what coaches have to work with at each school. Simply saying ‘build a better culture’ is way too simplistic. Sometimes just fielding a team and getting kids to come to class is a win. I don’t expect a lot of MAC folks to really get that (and that’s not a criticism), but it’s true.

Amazing how threads go from one subject to a totally different subject. Thought this was abo

When was the last time Minster was good in football before Moore?
every school has some down years......
Amazing how threads go from one subject to a totally different subject. Thought this was abo

When was the last time Minster was good in football before Moore?
minster some good teams under Parks and also Bill Place.......why do you ask that?

Early mid 90's, Sidney just has not done a good job of hiring coaches. Before Frye ( period after SB ) and after Frye, St. Marys was lousy until Frye came back, all about hiring the right coach. Except for Coldwater, "tha voice" could coach the Cavs and a bad year would be 7 - 3 playing in the hillbilly small school MAC.

But could radiodave?

Appreciate the sentiment but I'd probably ruin the program. I know his about coach fry but bare with me...

People want to say it's easy, or anyone could win at CW and want to diminish what Coach Reed and Coach Otten have done and that is wrong.

There was a 7 year stretch of what I will call the "dark times" of CW football where there was a coaching changes that threw the program into the toilet.

7 years prior: 52-18-1 with our only playoff season. Also a 10 and 9 win season where we missed.

Dark ages; 23-47. 3 coaches in a 3 yr period including one who was Fired on the practice field after week one of his second season.
From 14 wins in two seasons, a playoff berth, to 1-9 in a blink of an eye with a HC change.

Coach Reed first 7: 68-22. 6 playoffs.

I saw what bad HS coaching can do first hand in a program.

We we it often enought in HS sports with a coaching change.

Do not get the right hire here with St Mary's and soon they will have a Celina type of program.

He had a hand in the Dallas Cowboys drafts in the early 90's that netted 3 super bowl championships Jimmy didnt want Emmitt but coach cramer said give him a shot
Go ahead and make fun but the Marion Local faithful know that Coach Cramer cleaned up the program and laid the foundation for their current run.

Go ahead and make fun but the Marion Local faithful know that Coach Cramer cleaned up the program and laid the foundation for their current run.
Any truth that because of his framework he still gets a stipend by MSML boosters and a Christmas Card signed.by the whole athletic department?
Awaiting the statue to be erected in his, I mean His, honor.

Any truth that because of his framework he still gets a stipend by MSML boosters and a Christmas Card signed.by the whole athletic department?
Awaiting the statue to be erected in his, I mean His, honor.
He asked them not to erect the statue. Typical of Mike not wanting to take any attention away from the players.

Could Steve Chanel be a candidate if they went with an outside hire? Wing T guy, maybe the most known Wing T guy in the Dayton area and was very successful at Miamisburg and Trenton Edgewood.

Any chance SM hires a coach whom, G A S P, will incorporate the pass more and make them a more well rounded, better offense?

I will just sit up here on the railroad tracks with my popcorn, or should I say along 33, and watch....

Could Steve Chanel be a candidate if they went with an outside hire? Wing T guy, maybe the most known Wing T guy in the Dayton area and was very successful at Miamisburg and Trenton Edgewood.
What ended up happening to him after Miamisburg?