Club teams 2018-2019

Hopefully Lakota East has the guns to make a run up @ State. Maybe take down Elder/X or even Moeller

Maybe. They have a strong core of those 4 players, but whether or not they can find someone reliably pass as libero and another hitter (doesn't have to be a stud, but someone decent and consistent) might determine their fate.

Pretty sure LE graduated their libero from last season.

Lakota East should have enough to be top dog in the West region now that Mikesch has graduated and Centerville will be down again. Compete with Elder, X, Moeller, Darby? Not likely

Lakota East should have enough to be top dog in the West region now that Mikesch has graduated and Centerville will be down again. Compete with Elder, X, Moeller, Darby? Not likely

Northmont came out of the West last year. And Fairmont beat LE in the tourney as well, LE wasn't even top 4 in the West end of last season (granted, setter injury likely had a lot to do with that).

With the last qualifier coming up do any of the local clubs stand a chance to qualify in St Louis...???

Ohio teams have been so unpredictable that it's hard to say. According to the AES site, Attack Black, CVA Purple and A2 Green are in the Open Division in St. Louis, while Air City is in the USA Division. ... But Air City beat Attack and A2 this past weekend, so who knows who will play well from week to week. By my count there are 9 teams in the Open field that already have bids, meaning a team could potentially finish 12th of 28 in Open and still get a nationals bid. The field is strong, but not as strong as Chicago, so it's certainly possible one of the Ohio teams plays well enough to finish 12th of 28.

In the BBT manual at that link, page 10-11, I think the chart says with 5 bids and 25-28 teams, the farthest a bid can trickle down is 12th place. If they added one more four-team bracket (32 total Open teams), it could trickle down as far as 16th.

This topic has been brought up before, but it is crazy how Attack has had Vanguard's number at the 18s level the last few years. Even though many see Vanguard as the better team, with the better overall resume

This topic has been brought up before, but it is crazy how Attack has had Vanguard's number at the 18s level the last few years. Even though many see Vanguard as the better team, with the better overall resume

Yeah, and considering that Attack had lost a couple dudes to CVA as well... a bit of a surprise.

Attack 18 Black also beat Vanguard’s 17-1 team
in the semi finals. Went to three games.
Vanguards 17-1 team has a lot of talent.

I think a lot of it is mental. Both matches these teams have played each other this year Vanguard has made an ungodly amount of unforced errors. I do think Vanguard has a better team talent wise this season, although I don't know if I would say that last season.

I think a lot of it is mental. Both matches these teams have played each other this year Vanguard has made an ungodly amount of unforced errors. I do think Vanguard has a better team talent wise this season, although I don't know if I would say that last season.

What do you mean by this statement? Do you think that last year Attack 18 was more talented then Vanguard 18? Or that this year Vanguard 18 is more talented then last year Vanguard 18? Not sure I agree with either with Mikesch, Pung, and Buelow all on Vanguards team last year

Good luck to all playing (and watching) out in St. Louis today. I'm sure you're all sad to be missing school and work.

St. Louis 18s, heading into final day ...
OPEN
Vanguard Webb -- 3-0 Day 1, 0-3 Day 2, Face CVA in Bronze bracket Sunday
CVA Purple -- 1-2 Day 1 (but won two playoffs to make Saturday's top half), 0-3 Day 2, Face Vanguard in Bronze bracket Sunday
Attack Black -- 1-2 Day 1, 2-1 Day 2, Face Kaizen in fourth bracket Sunday
A2 Green -- 1-2 Day 1 (and lost to CVA in playoff), 1-2 Day 2, Face Vortex in fifth bracket Sunday

USA
Air City -- 3-0 Day 1, 3-0 Day 2, face SPVB Bravo in Gold bracket Sunday
Attack Red -- 2-1 Day 1, 2-1 Day 2 but lost playoff, so face Team Colorado in Silver bracket Sunday
Vanguard Palmer -- 2-1 Day 1, 0-3 Day 2, Face C2 Smack in Silver bracket Sunday
Also, CVA Black, Air City Green and Vanguard Silver are three of the four teams in one of the lower USA brackets.

Good luck to all on Sunday.

Attack 15's and CVA 14's both made gold in Open. The only other 2 that had a chance was CVA 18's and Vanguard 18-Webb.

Vanguard's day 2 pool was loaded having Ultimate, AJV, and Pipeline. AJV and Ultimate played in the open final, and Pipeline won silver.