Club Ball

Ignite will be one of the weakest programs in the state this year.
Phoenix will be competitive with A2, Air City, Cincy Thunder, and Elite, but will struggle against Vanguard and Cincy Attack.

Has Cincy Attack's 18-1 team been announced yet?

18-1

Bowles - OH Moeller
Kiser - MH Moeller
Leuenberger - MH Moeller
Lonneman - OH Moeller
Chenoweth - S Fairfield
Gustley - OPP Fenwick
Huber - L St X
McCarthy - OH St X
Perazza Rosado - OH/L Kings
Witte - MH Elder

18-1

Bowles - OH Moeller
Kiser - MH Moeller
Leuenberger - MH Moeller
Lonneman - OH Moeller
Chenoweth - S Fairfield
Gustley - OPP Fenwick
Huber - L St X
McCarthy - OH St X
Perazza Rosado - OH/L Kings
Witte - MH Elder

I don't know very much about this team, will they be able to play with Vanguard or will they be a step below?

I would assume they would be a step below, but it is all about how they have progressed. OVRs will tell you a lot

Vanguard looks to have the better individual players at every single position.

Where is Klusman from Elder? For a player that could have been considered one of the MVP's of the state tournament last year as a junior, I assumed he would have made the top team

Attack 18-2
Chico - OH Centerville
Devolve - OH Moeller
Everly - OH/DS Moeller
Hendy - MH St X
Hofmeyer - L Elder
Klusman - S Elder
Koenig - OH Elder
Lovell - L St X
Ostendorf - MH St X
Roberts - S St X

I think vanguard is playing in a scrimmage this weekend. Won't have any super tough competition but it'll be the first time to see how well they play together, or how poorly.

I didn't see a vanguard team(top teams or local) drop a set to any other club. BVP seemed to have some pretty good athletes overall, and the other teams in attendance had one or two good athletes sprinkled around. Pretty weak scrimmage, but for vanguards local teams to do so well, that's a good sign for the club.

Word on the street is that Vanguard has 2 teams that could qualify open in 18s, and the 17s will be in contention.. Any basis to this?

I was trying to think of the different schools these kids could play at... any other word on recruiting out of ohio?

Word on the street is that Vanguard has 2 teams that could qualify open in 18s, and the 17s will be in contention.. Any basis to this?

I was trying to think of the different schools these kids could play at... any other word on recruiting out of ohio?

Word on the street from where? Vanguard coaches and players? The 18-1 team should get a bid and I would say has potential to be a top 10-15 team at nationals. The 18-2 team will not get a bid, especially now that the Penn State bid tournament has been cancelled.

Who is on the 17-1 roster for Vanguard? If that is already posted somewhere in this thread already, I apologize.

Cinci Attack 18 was dealt a couple blows with Goldschmidt suffering an injury and now no longer playing. I also saw on the Attack website Bowles is not listed on a roster. Both of them would have been two of the best players on that team. Tough break for Attack, likely going to be a struggle for them

Word on the street from where? Vanguard coaches and players? The 18-1 team should get a bid and I would say has potential to be a top 10-15 team at nationals. The 18-2 team will not get a bid, especially now that the Penn State bid tournament has been cancelled.

Who is on the 17-1 roster for Vanguard? If that is already posted somewhere in this thread already, I apologize.

Cinci Attack 18 was dealt a couple blows with Goldschmidt suffering an injury and now no longer playing. I also saw on the Attack website Bowles is not listed on a roster. Both of them would have been two of the best players on that team. Tough break for Attack, likely going to be a struggle for them

I think they will be a OK. better them not have the hype like vanguard

Next weekend will be the first time to see these teams in action. If vanguard makes it to the finals it will most likely be against hpstl which would be a good tough match for vanguard to see how they'll compete with a talented squad like that.

I could see them struggling day 1, but still pulling out the wins. By Sunday I feel like they'll be in a groove, hopefully we'll see them compete against hpstl. I could be completely wrong, I'm not sure how well the team is playing together, if anyone close to this squad has any idea on that, I'd love to hear it

More competition than I thought at this tournament. Should be a good opening tournament for vanguard and all of these other Ohio clubs.

Don't overlook Pittsburgh VC

I would be shocked if it is not a STLHP vs Vanguard finals in the 18s division

I like what vanguard brings but HPSTL and Pittsburgh both were top 10 at Nationals Open last year. And Pitt 17 played up to 18s in this tourney last year. I would expect the HP 2nd team to be strong as well.

I like what vanguard brings but HPSTL and Pittsburgh both were top 10 at Nationals Open last year. And Pitt 17 played up to 18s in this tourney last year. I would expect the HP 2nd team to be strong as well.

Vanguard will likely get a bid in California this year though. A small local tournament should be a breeze. ;)

Should be some real good matches towards the end of gold bracket.

Final Results for 18s
1. HPSTL 18-1
2. Pittsburgh 18-1
3. Vanguard 18-1
3. HPSTL 18-2
5. Phoenix 18-1
5. Vanguard 17-1
7. Pittsburgh 18-2
8. Cinci Attack 18 Black
9. Air City 18 Black
10. BVP 18-Red
11. BVP 18-Blue
12. Vanguard 18 Gold Randolph
13. Steel CIty 17 Black
14. Louisville Fury 18 Orange
15. Indy Elite SVC 18-1
15. Indy Assault 18's
17. Air City 18 Green
18. A2 18 Green
19. Vanguard 18 Silver

A lot of close matches going to 3. Vanguard 18-1 beat all other in state teams. Cinci Attack, Air City, Vanguard 17-1, Phoenix, and Vanguard 18-2 all seemed fairly even with many of those games going to 3. Vanguard gets the nod as the top dog in Ohio after finishing the highest and winning all matches against in state competition. They went to 3 with Air City and Cinci Attack, while their only loss came to Pittsburgh 18-1.

Vanguard 18-1s Line-up

Anyone able to give insight to what lineup Vanguard used most last weekend?

For most of the weekend they used a modified 5-1. Roman set out of front and Luers set out of back. They didn't use it in the last match or two and the boys didn't look as comfortable as they did earlier in the tourney. Competition was also higher in last match but they still didn't look as comfortable getting into rhythm.

The rest of the time they swapped 4 hitters/3 middles around the 3 hitter/2 middles in a set rotation for the most part.