Clinton Massie vs Columbus DeSales

Riverman

Clinton Massie Falcons heading to Columbus to take on the DeSales. Should be a heck of a game between two solid programs

Will be an interesting game for sure. DeSales has been short handed, so we shall see how they perform. Their two losses have been to teams that I think are real solid.

Excited for this one. Glad to see Massie back on the schedule after the real interestign game like 8 years ago

Will be an interesting game for sure. DeSales has been short handed, so we shall see how they perform. Their two losses have been to teams that I think are real solid.

Excited for this one. Glad to see Massie back on the schedule after the real interestign game like 8 years ago
Hard to believe it's been 8 year ago, I was at the game. and when i tell people that the lost to Desales changed the rest of the season for Massie's run to another state championship. After the lost. Massie moved people around on Defense and that was in part the different that moved them forward. So there are good loses and you can learn more from a lost than a win. Does Desales stream or a have radio of the game??

Another OOC game that I love for Clinton Massie. DeSales will no doubt be a very strong opponent. I think this will be a lower scoring game with whoever wins the advantage in the trenches having the upper hand. Any idea if this game might be streamed as well?

Hard to believe it's been 8 year ago, I was at the game. and when i tell people that the lost to Desales changed the rest of the season for Massie's run to another state championship. After the lost. Massie moved people around on Defense and that was in part the different that moved them forward. So there are good loses and you can learn more from a lost than a win. Does Desales stream or a have radio of the game??
Thats surprising to me, because Massie DOMINATED that game. Literally 3 freak plays were the difference.

Very good win by CM last night. They just lined up and played smash mouth football. Think they threw the ball 1 time. They were with out doubt the more mentally tougher team on the field last night.
4th time i have watched DeSales this year ( 1 scrimmage 3 Reg. Season games) and they seem to have lost their toughness and swagger when Jonathon Thompson went down.
The coaching has been suspect especially with all the experience they have on the sidelines , but perhaps they are handicapped with marginal talent.
Last night they sat in a basic 4-3 Defense with no stunts or blitzes to try and stop a running game that was coming directly at them. Their D-Line was being shoved 4 yards back into their 3 LB'ers who were flat footed and never moved out of initial position to give the Offense a different look or something to think about. No corner blitzes to disrupt a running play that was obviously coming every down.
CM to their credit had their backs close to the line and had mainly short handoffs running straight ahead. Nothing Fancy. Probably didn't run more than 5 different plays all game. But executed them at a high level.

Very good win by CM last night. They just lined up and played smash mouth football. Think they threw the ball 1 time. They were with out doubt the more mentally tougher team on the field last night.
4th time i have watched DeSales this year ( 1 scrimmage 3 Reg. Season games) and they seem to have lost their toughness and swagger when Jonathon Thompson went down.
The coaching has been suspect especially with all the experience they have on the sidelines , but perhaps they are handicapped with marginal talent.
Last night they sat in a basic 4-3 Defense with no stunts or blitzes to try and stop a running game that was coming directly at them. Their D-Line was being shoved 4 yards back into their 3 LB'ers who were flat footed and never moved out of initial position to give the Offense a different look or something to think about. No corner blitzes to disrupt a running play that was obviously coming every down.
CM to their credit had their backs close to the line and had mainly short handoffs running straight ahead. Nothing Fancy. Probably didn't run more than 5 different plays all game. But executed them at a high level.

TC, how Max Shulaw play. He's usually a monster on the field like he is on the wrestling mats.

TC, how Max Shulaw play. He's usually a monster on the field like he is on the wrestling mats.
He bulled his way to their only touchdown. He has scored on a 85 yard INT. and a Fumble return for about 60 yards this year. You can see he is a Alpha on the field and should probably get way more carries on the Offensive side of the ball. But with JT out he is needed much more on Defense.
Kids got some wheels for as big as he is getting. The 85 yard INT. was versus Independence and he out ran the whole City league to the End Zone it seemed.

I saw a tough battle in the trenches early in the first half. Wishbone can be very frustrating to defend in some cases, you know that they are running straight at you, but who has the ball. When it’s working it’s a thing of beauty. 2 nd half Massie long drives started wearing the DeSales defense. I thought DeSales should have stayed with the pass to move the ball. But they didn’t. Coach McSurley will run the fullback until you stop him and DeSales couldn’t get it done. By the 4th Massie was picking up chunks and first down almost at will. I thought Massie defense play well with a bend don’t break mentality kept us in the game. Didn’t think it was going to be high scoring game. And yes we did run more than 5 plays. Lol.

He bulled his way to their only touchdown. He has scored on a 85 yard INT. and a Fumble return for about 60 yards this year. You can see he is a Alpha on the field and should probably get way more carries on the Offensive side of the ball. But with JT out he is needed much more on Defense.
Kids got some wheels for as big as he is getting. The 85 yard INT. was versus Independence and he out ran the whole City league to the End Zone it seemed.

Thanks for info TC. He is definitely a good football player.

I also got the chance to watch this game. I thought the DeSales offense played relatively well overall, they made some plays and stalled in CM territory. They had a chance to take the lead in the second half but the QB overthrew a wide (WIDE) open received in the endzone from about 20 yards away. The offensive line for DeSales had some good size and got a pretty good push against a good defense. Just couldn't string plays together.

The DeSales defense struggled. I give more credit to CM than anything, their line got a great push off the ball on almost every play. I don't know what it was, but the D-Line for DeSales looked to be significantly smaller than the O-Line, but for the first time in a while I didn't see linemen going both ways.

I heard DeSales has a frosh DL starter and obviously Shulaw as a soph at LB. Pretty good foundation to build on for the future. They just got bullied at the line when CM was on offense.