Clinton Massie 2022

triple option

After a football season to remember we're half way through a long boring winter, let's see some thoughts on CM next season.
Here's my meaningless two cents.
Obviously losing a lot to graduation, but not as worried as one would think. We have 4 of our 5 starters coming back on the offensive line which will definitely be the strength of our CM squad. (I'm counting the starting Jr who broke his leg game 5) I can also see them in a rotation on the defensive line with a couple other returners from 2021. I actually think, both sides of the lines can be better than last season. I'm thinking we will have a 3 senior linebacker set or 2 with one of the athletic sophomores stepping up. Secondary will need to replace a couple corners but will have 2 other seniors back from last year.
Even though we lose the Qb, fullback and both half backs our line should be able to open plenty of running room. I'll be curious to see what kind of speed comes out of the backfield next season, cause I could see there being a lot of yardage out there for whoever gets the call.

You guys are losing 4 very good backs. That level of talent will be hard to replace. How many of those 4 also played defense? CM will be fine. Maybe not final 4 fine but very good.

Totally agree that CM will have a lot to say in R16. Typically the winner of R16 has a great opportunity to play for a state title as well. Losing the skill guys will hurt, but CM is built for success in the trenches. Can anyone post the 2022 schedule currently?

It's Clinton-Massie. They'll be big, fast, have multiple RB's they can give the ball to, and they won't be able to spell very well or perform very good on their ACT's.

It's Clinton-Massie. They'll be big, fast, have multiple RB's they can give the ball to, and they won't be able to spell very well or perform very good on their ACT's.

Well then what do Massie kids do about college if they can’t spell very well or perform well on their ACT’s?

Totally agree that CM will have a lot to say in R16. Typically the winner of R16 has a great opportunity to play for a state title as well. Losing the skill guys will hurt, but CM is built for success in the trenches. Can anyone post the 2022 schedule currently?
@Waynesville
@Edgewood
@Fenwick
Desales
Harrison
Goshen
@Western Brown
Batavia
@ New Richmond
Wilmington
Glad to have the Waynesville game back

Clinton Massie did an absolutely tremendous job with the non league slate. harbin wise, they are setting themselves up for a #1 seed, if they win them all

No swear these kids are really dumb. Like could get 23's on their act's if they went to fenwick dumb

Do you think it’s just a dumb district with dumb parents etc or what is your reasoning behind this? Do any Massie kids end up going to college or just start hanging around at the local bar? Curious with this one…

Do you really think Massie will be able to stop one of the top quarterbacks in the area in Jude Hooks?
Welcome back Jude. You’ve been very quiet on here after touting yourself after the 2-0 start. What happened after that? Oh now I remember, 1-7 finish, multiple personal fouls and melt downs on the sidelines by you, and oh yeah the fumble. What was he 5-6” 135 pounds, and knocked you back about 5 yards and the ball went 20 yds back the other way. One of Hudl’s top 20 hits of the year. Welcome back

No it obviously is. Can’t you tell by how racist it has become??? Of course this is a Massie thread
Keep your head up. It’s disappointing that LW said you wouldn’t play WR if you transferred, but competing for playing time at DB for a potential state D1 finalist isn’t all bad. But it appears as if you decided to stat put at Fenwick, so try to make the best of it.

Disagree, Coach Zantene calls the offense with Mcsurley able to trump a call on the sideline. Very underrated coach, been with Dan for 15 seasons. Don't get me wrong, coach Mcsurley knows the offense more than well and how to manipulate a defense, but coach Z has picked it all up with plenty of experience in many big games over the last 15 seasons. Now, I will be worried when Dan AND coach Z leave, hopefully Z starts laying the foundation for the next grasshopper. Not sure either will leave till after the 2021 freshman blend with these 8th graders in high school, lots of lineman and plenty of athletes to run the ball.

Last edited:
Disagree, Coach Zantene calls the offense with Mcsurley able to trump a call on the sideline. Very underrated coach, been with Dan for 15 seasons. Don't get me wrong, coach Mcsurley knows the offense more than well and how to manipulate a defense, but coach Z has picked it all up with plenty of experience in many big games over the last 15 seasons. Now, I will be worried when Dan AND coach Z leave, hopefully Z starts laying the foundation for the next grasshopper. Not sure either will leave till after the 2021 freshman blend with these 8th graders in high school, lots of lineman and plenty of athletes to run the ball.
I agree with you about Zantene, McSurely has also done a nice job with his other staff. Barry Wolfe is a great coach and Rolfe now has head coaching experience. Would be hard pressed to find a better small school staff.

I agree with you about Zantene, McSurely has also done a nice job with his other staff. Barry Wolfe is a great coach and Rolfe now has head coaching experience. Would be hard pressed to find a better small school staff.
i heard that zantene was thinking about stepping down since his son is graduating this year, was a senior for the team last year. not sure on if this source is 100% but is something to consider, i’m sure they will find someone new if this is the case who is ready for the opportunity.

He has a son on the 8th grade team also, couldn't see him leaving before he graduates unless something crazy happens.

Last edited: