Cleve. Rhodes at Barberton

Barberton will have 10x more fans and the better band. Does Rhodes even have one??
Rhodes won't have many fans, they won't bring a band and they probably get beat by 40+

That all being said, I encourage people to do some research on the Rams and how they have carried on the legacy of former Head Coach Phillip Gary who died from cancer a few years back. This is not an easy place to attract kids to come out for football at times having as little as 20 players about a decade ago but since 2019 they have gone 14-13 and are making back-to-back playoff appearances for the first time in school history. Might not mean much to most, but this is a program, coaching staff and kids who are easy to root for.

They will come out and compete Friday night and it will likely still not be anywhere near enough, but this after all is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the people in charge on Biddulph Road are doing great work!

Barberton will have 10x more fans and the better band. Does Rhodes even have one??
And... The deciding factor will be the offensive and defensive lines. Both teams have tons of athleticism, what it will come down to is playing with discipline, which has been a struggle for both teams, especially on discipline. Barberton has the slight advantage from what I have seen of both teams. It will come down to whose Nose/ shade can pressure the other's Center into bad snaps as both have had issues with snaps.

Rhodes won't have many fans, they won't bring a band and they probably get beat by 40+

That all being said, I encourage people to do some research on the Rams and how they have carried on the legacy of former Head Coach Phillip Gary who died from cancer a few years back. This is not an easy place to attract kids to come out for football at times having as little as 20 players about a decade ago but since 2019 they have gone 14-13 and are making back-to-back playoff appearances for the first time in school history. Might not mean much to most, but this is a program, coaching staff and kids who are easy to root for.

They will come out and compete Friday night and it will likely still not be anywhere near enough, but this after all is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the people in charge on Biddulph Road are doing great work!

And... The deciding factor will be the offensive and defensive lines. Both teams have tons of athleticism, what it will come down to is playing with discipline, which has been a struggle for both teams, especially on discipline. Barberton has the slight advantage from what I have seen of both teams. It will come down to whose Nose/ shade can pressure the other's Center into bad snaps as both have had issues with snaps.
🤔 Barberton will win by as many as they want. Rest their guys the 2nd Half and get ready for Hoban.

🤔 Barberton will win by as many as they want. Rest their guys the 2nd Half and get ready for Hoban.
Depends on how both teams play. If Barberton still has issues with snaps on Punt and in shotgun things could get dicey. both teams can be shaky on containing outside runs which is dangerous as there is lots of speed in both backfields. Discipline and ball security errors may be the deciding factors - it could be a blow out or a very tight game.

I believe that Rhoades could be a sleeping giant with the right coach. The school has athletes and is in the middle of a blue collar neighborhood. There is no reason they dont have 40 kids on the team. I grew up in the area of the school and always thought they should be competitive.

Somewhat off the subject, but how is Glenville in D4 and Rhodes in D2? Are the enrollments that different?
Yes, Glenville is a weird situation, because 99% of "Glenville" players go to Ginn Academy. Ginn's enrollment is something like 337 kids so they would be Div 4. Glenville has 249 male students, but if you play football you go to Ginn eventhough its Glenville on the helmet. I think some new math might be involved, but either number qualifies as DIV.

Rhodes is 2 schools in one campus and it was a D1/D2 team back when it was comprehensive and not College and Career and Environmental Studies.

West side schools enrollment is rising as East side school enrollment has dived off a cliff.

The Westside Cleveland neighborhoods have always had less poverty and instability than the East side neighborhoods. Because of that, the schools on the Westside are better and safer. So, many East side families send their kids west. Or, they just move to the East side suburban districts which are better than Cleveland