Cincy Placers

Wilmington district did pretty well this weekend. Wilmington had 3 state placers, Ross had someone place. Also had Miami Trace get a couple of placers (they were in the GA district). Not necessarily Cincinnati, but the SW area as a whole.

Pierce Taylor from McNicholas won the D-III title at 144. This was no surprise, as both borofan and bucksman predicted he would win it. What is unique about his situation is that this year he was the only member of the Rockets' wrestling team. Although the sole member of a team probably has won a title before, it has to be a rare situation. Props to the schools Taylor said he was able to practice with: Moeller, LaSalle, and Anderson.

Pierce Taylor from McNicholas won the D-III title at 144. This was no surprise, as both borofan and bucksman predicted he would win it. What is unique about his situation is that this year he was the only member of the Rockets' wrestling team. Although the sole member of a team probably has won a title before, it has to be a rare situation. Props to the schools Taylor said he was able to practice with: Moeller, LaSalle, and Anderson.

On top of that he is a 3 sport star - QB of the McNick football team. Wonder how many others of those there are?

On top of that he is a 3 sport star - QB of the McNick football team. Wonder how many others of those there are?
Ryan Iams from Ross is as well. There is actually quite a few that are at least two sport guys. Emmons from Badin, Stuckey from Wilmington, Brooks form Wilmington just off the top of my head. I am sure i am missing quite a few.

Thought maybe we could highlight the local accomplishments

Local state-placers​

Division I

106—
Konner Lambers, Elder (3rd)

113— Holden Huhn, La Salle (2nd); Jared Robinson, Moeller (4th)

126— Londen Murphy, Moeller (5th)

132— Jack McCall, Lebanon (7th)

138— Jake Niffenegger, La Salle (1st); Conner Kleinberg, Springboro (8th)

144— Eugene Harney, Sycamore (3rd); Maclain Morency, Anderson (6th); Matthew Szczepaniak, Lakota West (8th)

150— Tim Smith, Colerain (4th); Flint Guerra, Lebanon (7th)

157— Luke Marsh, Lebanon (6th)

165— Lane Abrams, Fairfield (6th)

175— Chase Stein, La Salle (2nd); Kurt Thompson, Moeller (4th)

190— Myles Johnson, Springboro (3rd); Brentan Simmerman, Little Miami (6th); Jonathan Sanchez, Moeller (7th)

Division II

106—
Logan Dean, Bethel-Tate (8th)

120— Jimmy Lalezas, Taylor (4th); Malachi O'Leary, Wyoming (6th)

126— Matt Ellis, Waynesville (2nd); Brandon Sauter, Batavia (4th)

138— Thane McCoy, Wilmington (6th)

165— Thad Stuckey, Wilmington (4th)

190— Dillonn Davidson, Taylor (8th)

215— Eli Emmons, Badin (4th)

285— Bret Brooks, Wilmington (3rd)

Division III

120—
Ramakrishna Gandhi, Reading (8th)

144— Pierce Taylor, McNicholas (1st)

157— Dickie Engel, Reading (7th)