Cincy Flames 7/8u 2023

CincyFlames8u

The Cincy Flames will be having a 7/8u team this coming 2023 season. We are looking to have a tryout July 9th from 10-12 at our academy located in Oakley.

Our 2023 season will feature a roster of 11 players, 5 tournaments, SWOL play and practice over the winter and during the season.

Any questions please reach out to head coach Anthony Weber.
Email- custombaseballgloves@outlook.com

Last edited:

The Cincy Flames will be having a 7/8u team this coming 2023 season. We are looking to have a tryout July 9th from 10-12 at our academy located in Oakley.

Our 2023 season will feature a roster of 11 players, 5 tournaments, SWOL play and practice over the winter and during the season. The coaching staff will be lead by Anthony Weber who has coached 13 years in travel ball and 6 years at the varsity level.
Any questions please reach out to head coach Anthony Weber.
Email- custombaseballgloves@outlook.com
Phone- 513-374-6534
Is this a real thing?

It's allHow much are your fees? LMFAO! This team is for the parents! Winter practices?? I didn't think this stuff could get any worse.
Play in a neighborhood rec league with your friends at this age!
How much are your fees? LMFAO! This team is for the parents! Winter practices?? I didn't think this stuff could get any worse.

Play in a neighborhood rec league with your friends at this age!
Rec teams play 15-20 games a season with tournaments and league play. There’s also a number of Rec teams who practice 1 time a week over winter.

Posting on Yappi has to be for the Parents. I don’t think any 7-8 yr olds are on here. Now onto 7-8U Baseball, what are the Team Fees? The older Teams (everyone else) will get priority at indoor facility? Last but not least, how many kids will the Coaches have on the Team?

11 players....

Really invested on teaching as many kids as possible. ?
How many players would you take on an 8u team? You want kids learning and playing not sitting the bench. Knothole teams will have up to 16 kids on a roster. Where can a kid grow and get better from that? You want parents who are invested in getting their kids better and giving the kids every opportunity to be the best they can.

Posting on Yappi has to be for the Parents. I don’t think any 7-8 yr olds are on here. Now onto 7-8U Baseball, what are the Team Fees? The older Teams (everyone else) will get priority at indoor facility? Last but not least, how many kids will the Coaches have on the Team?
Yappi used to be a place where teams would post this kind of information. Now it seems like a place for old heads to take trash and gossip.

Yappi used to be a place where teams would post this kind of information. Now it seems like a place for old heads to take trash and gossip.
Exactly. I was just giving examples of what parents (if any) on here would probably be asking.
Good luck with the Team.

Than playing baseball? There’s teams out there that play 90 games a year. We are playing 30. It’s about instruction and allowing kids to fall in love with the game while having fun.
Yeah, ok.

How many dad coaches or "ex pro and college" guys are working with the team?

How many off-season events are there?

How many tournaments are in that 30 games?

Can kids miss for a vacation or family event without penalty?

What kind of fees are there? What kind of fundraising is there?

11 Kids might be ok since it's (I hope) coach pitch - but that also means probably e

What a freaking joke. That either makes them not fall in love or fall for the wrong reasons, and the fall will be hard that you can count on.

I sent this to about a dozen college coach friends and every one of them laughed at it, said "seriously," or said something along the lines of "It's the Cincy Flames - I would expect nothing less than crap like this"
How many players would you take on an 8u team? You want kids learning and playing not sitting the bench. Knothole teams will have up to 16 kids on a roster. Where can a kid grow and get better from that? You want parents who are invested in getting their kids better and giving the kids every opportunity to be the best they can.
They also have free subs, no specialization, etc. Bat the entire order, limited pitches to hit, run per inning maxes, etc. I bet you make a pretty solid lineup and the two other kids never play. Do they get rings for winning?

I bet you want good umpires too. This kind of stuff helps contribute to the shortage because I am sure your parents will be nothing but angels.

Can kids miss for a vacation or family event without penalty?
Only 11 players on the roster. They are looking for 7 & 8 yr-olds who are "committed" to the sport and the team.

Think about that for a second......

I sent this to about a dozen college coach friends and every one of them laughed at it, said "seriously," or said something along the lines of "It's the Cincy Flames - I would expect nothing less than crap like this"
I got the same response from the guys (JUCO, D1, 2, 3.... NAIA) I sent this to.
Do they get rings for winning?
Sadly, I've seen way to many pictures of teams getting rings.
I bet you want good umpires too. This kind of stuff helps contribute to the shortage because I am sure your parents will be nothing but angels.
This ^^

Last edited:

Nothing like teaching them at 8U that sitting on the bench is for losers.

Nothing like teaching them at 8U that sitting on the bench is for losers.
No matter how committed they think they are, 11 Players will not be enough for a “full season” of 8yr olds. I’m gonna say having enough players to finish the season will be one of this this guys biggest issues.

Flames tournaments..............famous for hour plus drives between venues and sometimes between games.

Fun times.

Not.

And $15 per day a person. Plus their pool play is stretched out over 3-4 days with 1 game a day. Straight money grab!!
Garbage, no doubt.
Seen tournaments this year charge $40-30 per person. To charge teams big time to enter, then fleece the parents and families is just plain wrong on all counts. Money grab.
Dont get me started on the "mandatory" hotel with the codes that is a lot more than the regular room cost. Another money grab.

I ignore those fwd emails from the TDs that not enough people are using the codes for the hotel.. Oooooh, WTH ya gonna do?
Hotel last weeked in NEO was $75 more per night if ya used that 'special team code' than my normal discounts.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Luckily ya can really game the system.

Luckily all these fleecing tournaments take great care of the familes and players and have great atmosphere at the games with a functioning scoreboard, PA, nice restrooms, music, etc etc etc.

Wait...they dont? Next thing ya tell me is that they charge you to get in AND urge you to go chase down the foul balls.....

Last edited:
I would tell the tournament directors we would be staying with family friends in the area and then find our own hotel. 30-40.00 entry fee sounds like a perfect game gig. That's an expensive week I've been told. Never felt the need, as we were a summer club consisting of kids from 2 HS in the same town. How many dimwits have taken their teams down to Georgia over the years? Great facility but? Soo many have told me "you have to go."

I would tell the tournament directors we would be staying with family friends in the area and then find our own hotel. 30-40.00 entry fee sounds like a perfect game gig. That's an expensive week I've been told. Never felt the need, as we were a summer club consisting of kids from 2 HS in the same town. How many dimwits have taken their teams down to Georgia over the years? Great facility but? Soo many have told me "you have to go."
Caba wanted 30 bucks for their tourny. Somethkn in Louisville was 40 a person and another neo was 30 a person.

The workers for the games dong GAF and barely even try to collect the money. It's all horseshit

Caba wanted 30 bucks for their tourny. Somethkn in Louisville was 40 a person and another neo was 30 a person.

The workers for the games dong GAF and barely even try to collect the money. It's all horseshit
My goodness thats ridiculous. I'm happy I've been out of the summer ball prism for 8 years now. Personally despised every minute of it, yet still loved HS coaching.

My goodness thats ridiculous. I'm happy I've been out of the summer ball prism for 8 years now. Personally despised every minute of it, yet still loved HS coaching.
Juuust when I was about to lose all hope with baseball I was resurrected the last 5 nights with the ACME Tournament and our local youth PeeWee and Minor League All Star game.\

To see hundreds and hundreds of fans show up, to include 50 plus kids, and seeing actual passion and excitement for the game of baseball I think may have saved me.

I was hanging by a string about the game of baseball but this saved me, for at least one more year I think. Still have no desire to turn on MLB, but the game itself still flickers.

BTW.....we totally stripped our diamond and redoing it. The playing surface should be top notch to go along with the facility and location as a hole.

Last edited:
Garbage, no doubt.
Seen tournaments this year charge $40-30 per person. To charge teams big time to enter, then fleece the parents and families is just plain wrong on all counts. Money grab.
Dont get me started on the "mandatory" hotel with the codes that is a lot more than the regular room cost. Another money grab.

I ignore those fwd emails from the TDs that not enough people are using the codes for the hotel.. Oooooh, WTH ya gonna do?
Hotel last weeked in NEO was $75 more per night if ya used that 'special team code' than my normal discounts.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Luckily ya can really game the system.

Luckily all these fleecing tournaments take great care of the familes and players and have great atmosphere at the games with a functioning scoreboard, PA, nice restrooms, music, etc etc etc.

Wait...they dont? Next thing ya tell me is that they charge you to get in AND urge you to go chase down the foul balls.....
I have heard a lot of chatter this year of Teams/Fans not chasing down foul balls and Teams stealing Boxes of Baseballs at Flames Tournaments. Also heard sunflower seeds on turf fields becoming such an issue that if anyone is caught with them, the Head Coach is Ejected immediately for the rest of the Tournament.

I have heard a lot of chatter this year of Teams/Fans not chasing down foul balls and Teams stealing Boxes of Baseballs at Flames Tournaments. Also heard sunflower seeds on turf fields becoming such an issue that if anyone is caught with them, the Head Coach is Ejected immediately for the rest of the Tournament.
Rumor has it that DeWine is going to come out with an Executive Order against sunflower seeds on turf fields, and offer stimulus for every baseball a fan chases down and gas cards for fans to travel an hour between their different venues.....

Rumor has it that DeWine is going to come out with an Executive Order against sunflower seeds on turf fields, and offer stimulus for every baseball a fan chases down and gas cards for fans to travel an hour between their different venues.....
About 10 years ago I'm coaching a team and we are at a tournament offering free slushies for returned foul balls. One of my player's brother is my bat boy. Little $chit, good kid. I look in our ball bucket between innings and it is thin. I look over at him and his mouth is all purple as he is devouring what I can only imagine was his 8th grape slushie of the day. ?

This thread is pure gold.

This is EXACTLY why numbers are down. Bottlenecking talent at 7 F%^&ING years old.

This is what it should look like. Green team, yellow team, blue team...

These kids are probably 10U.
1658397263115.png

This is modern bad arse super ultra elite 8U...with rings! FYI, they could not fit all of the dads into the picture. :ROFLMAO:
1658397478654.png

This thread is pure gold.

This is EXACTLY why numbers are down. Bottlenecking talent at 7 F%^&ING years old.

This is what it should look like. Green team, yellow team, blue team...

These kids are probably 10U.
View attachment 31713

This is modern bad arse super ultra elite 8U...with rings! FYI, they could not fit all of the dads into the picture. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 31714
What a monstrosity for a trophy. Parents probably left out an important detail in their Facebook posts: silver bracket champions.

About 10 years ago I'm coaching a team and we are at a tournament offering free slushies for returned foul balls. One of my player's brother is my bat boy. Little $chit, good kid. I look in our ball bucket between innings and it is thin. I look over at him and his mouth is all purple as he is devouring what I can only imagine was his 8th grape slushie of the day. ?
State ACME tournament offered candy to kids returning baseballs...works very well!

Wonder what the requirements will be fke this super duper 8u team....sliding oven mitt thing, arm and ankle guard, 4 bats...

Used to get .25 for a foul ball, .50 for a home run, and $1.00 if a home run ball went into Lake Michigan back when I was a kid watching my uncle play fast pitch softball. You want to talk about toughening a kid up? Try getting a home run ball back to the official scorer with 8 or 9 older kids in your way and concession stand money on the line.

BTW, we always took the home run balls over to the drinking fountain to get them nice and wet and double our money.

Used to get .25 for a foul ball, .50 for a home run, and $1.00 if a home run ball went into Lake Michigan back when I was a kid watching my uncle play fast pitch softball. You want to talk about toughening a kid up? Try getting a home run ball back to the official scorer with 8 or 9 older kids in your way and concession stand money on the line.

BTW, we always took the home run balls over to the drinking fountain to get them nice and wet and double our money.
We had a local kid who would always get the foul balls. Always at the diamond for the HS games. We were doing a 4 team round robin so that meant 4 games on Saturday on the diamond. We always hated the process of the players going to get the foul balls. There should, and always was, enough younger brothers and sisters at games that gladly would do so. (funny I say this, i noticed over the years the LACK of siblings at these travel tournaments. Kids left at home with a family member, other parent, sibling whatever)/

We thought it would be nice to offer him some $$ before the round robin to do this so the players dont have to chase them down. He took the money up front....got them for one game and then took off!!!!! We gave him crap for years after that. Luckily, with community based teams, there are usually enough kids there that are willing to do it!