Cincy D1 strength of schedule

That gives moeller 7 games against central and northern OH. 5 versus columbus teams and 2 versus northern teams. No other cincy team has that tough of a schedule.

first off they play ignatius from the north who blows and is 6-6 and coffman who is down this year also at 2-4, other than that there schedule is pretty much the same as IHs considering they play TW, UA, Jerome, and instead of IH playing WK they play Scioto who is way better this year and not even counting the 4 out of state teams IH plays...on paper on laxpower (which at this point in the year is pretty accurate based upon the top 10 teams in the state) Moe has an 86.40 rating while IH has an 86.16 and X has a 82.65, so dont say no other team in R4 has even close to a tough of schedule as moe cause they do

first off they play ignatius from the north who blows and is 6-6 and coffman who is down this year also at 2-4, other than that there schedule is pretty much the same as IHs considering they play TW, UA, Jerome, and instead of IH playing WK they play Scioto who is way better this year and not even counting the 4 out of state teams IH plays...on paper on laxpower (which at this point in the year is pretty accurate based upon the top 10 teams in the state) Moe has an 86.40 rating while IH has an 86.16 and X has a 82.65, so dont say no other team in R4 has even close to a tough of schedule as moe cause they do

Doesn't matter if IH does or doesn't have as hard of a schedule as Moeller, because Moeller already proved who the better team was.

and instead of IH playing WK they play Scioto who is way better this year

Scioto is way better than Kilbourne?? Are you sure about that one buddy, because I do recall Kilbourne beat Scioto 13-10. And just like Laxplayer11 said, it doesn't matter who you think has a tougher schedule because Moeller absolutely took IH to the cleaners and will do it again if they see them in the playoffs (thats if IH makes it that far).

Also Coffman has lost to some good teams in columbus... they have alot of talent and are very good team in any other region.

X was supposed to play again in the Jesuit Classic in Washington, D.C. (at Georgetown Prep) but it got snowed out. They always play top competition there, including one game against Prep, which is usually way better than anybody in Ohio, for example, last year they finished tied for No. #1 in the country.

It's not X's fault the weather screwed it up this year.

It seems you forgot to put WRA as the last game on Moeller's schedule Mason Comets. That easily gives moeller the edge on SOS.

My bad. I pulled it off the OHSLA website. They have the last game listed as 5/11 vs. Iggy. If they play WRA again, that would definetly give them the edge.

I would like to see that game again. Not Moes 1st game in a snow storm...That was a mess... It would be a great game...

I am still going to include Coffman as a tough team on Moe's schedule because they were just as talented as other columbus teams and would have a much better record if they were in a different region. However, I'll give you Iggys since i have not seen them play. But that still gives Moeller 6 in state tough out of region teams compared to IH's 4 and WK beat Scioto so Moeller has a tougher schedule. Also Moeller was scheduled to play Scioto but Scioto cancelled the game. I didnt say that no one was close i just said that moeller has the toughest schedule. IH's out of state teams are garbage. I'm not sure about Culver but I know Moeller scrimmaged Brebuf and almost put up 20 and that game counted for them so they were playing their starters against Moe's second string. IH and X definitely play the next toughest schedules but Moeller still gets the edge because of the Midwest league.

yeah the key word in this sentence is PLAYED, that doesnt mean that they PLAY tougher opponents than any other team in R 4, cause if you want to play that card Indian Hill PLAYS and have not PLAYED yet UA, Jerome, Scioto, TW, then CUlver who is ok and DeSmet Jesuit from MO and BArrington from IL. The only edge i give to moe is that they play WRA but since WRA cant even contend for a state title its kind of pointless to play them so late in the season, i mean i guess they would be more polished but if they lose its just going to be another blemish on their record which i just think would be stupid.

Moeller plays WRA because they are in the Midwest league and always in the A bracket so moe isn't playing WRA for no reason they are playing them for the Midwest brackets.

Last edited:

Coffman beat TW... columbas teams are always very competitive, regardless of their record.

Strength of Schedule

This is not a highly valuable argument since S.O.S makes little impact except on LaxPower rankings- the big question in D4 will be who wins head to head both regular season and in the playoffs.

That said- both LaxPower and a quick review of opponents tells the story. Moeller probably has toughest 2007 schedule with 14 D1, 1 D2 and 1 D3 opponent. IH and St. X are next with 11-12 D1, 3-4 D2, and 0-1 D3. Sycamore and Lakota fairly similar and then Kings/ Mason playing lots of D2 and D3 teams. LaxPower confirms with SOS rankings as Moe-9, IH-12, StX-16, Sycamore-23, West-26.

IMO the rationale a coach using in setting schedules, beyond required games for league purposes, is to give his team a competitive environment to test them and allow them to improve without overwhelming them. Blowouts aren't good for either team and don't help beyond bragging rights. Obvoiusly an easier schedule may help with seeding come playoff time so that could be a small factor but ultimately you've got to play through the best to get to the finals.

Let's wait for May 5 to see what happens...

This is not a highly valuable argument since S.O.S makes little impact except on LaxPower rankings- the big question in D4 will be who wins head to head both regular season and in the playoffs.

That said- both LaxPower and a quick review of opponents tells the story. Moeller probably has toughest 2007 schedule with 14 D1, 1 D2 and 1 D3 opponent. IH and St. X are next with 11-12 D1, 3-4 D2, and 0-1 D3. Sycamore and Lakota fairly similar and then Kings/ Mason playing lots of D2 and D3 teams. LaxPower confirms with SOS rankings as Moe-9, IH-12, StX-16, Sycamore-23, West-26.

IMO the rationale a coach using in setting schedules, beyond required games for league purposes, is to give his team a competitive environment to test them and allow them to improve without overwhelming them. Blowouts aren't good for either team and don't help beyond bragging rights. Obvoiusly an easier schedule may help with seeding come playoff time so that could be a small factor but ultimately you've got to play through the best to get to the finals.

Let's wait for May 5 to see what happens...

Very well put :clap:

Very good post...

I like laxpower just as much as anybody else but lets not forget that it means absolutely nothing. City rankings are not based off laxpower rankings. Midwest is all done by the coaches rankings and harldy ever reflects the laxpower rankings. Although it is a great reference at times, the rankings don't matter.