Cincinnati D1 Preseason Poll

i think Mason is really good and will definitely be the 2 seed. I think Loveland is a clear step below Mason. Loveland isnt nearly as good as they were last year. They lost to Walnut Hills, Edgewood, and Roger Bacon and were on the ropes in several other games against marginal competition.

i think Mason is really good and will definitely be the 2 seed. I think Loveland is a clear step below Mason. Loveland isnt nearly as good as they were last year. They lost to Walnut Hills, Edgewood, and Roger Bacon and were on the ropes in several other games against marginal competition.
Loveland may not be as good as last year but how could you be when you lose two D1 players, yet they sit a top of the ECC with the exact same record as this time last year? Loss to edgewood short handed in OT on the road, loss to rival Walnut on the road and loss to RB who could easily go to state. I think Loveland is just fine and obviously have superior coaching if they are a suspect 13-3..

Mason is strong and old are is a difference maker.. She makes the other player better than they actually are. That Transfer was a blessing. Tourney draw will be fun! 4-6 is irrelevant. Who ever six is will either jump 5. or 4 to avoid MND

1. MND 16-0
2. Mason 11-0
3. Lakota West 13-3
4. Edgewood 16-1
5. Princeton 10-3
6. Loveland 13-3
7. Lebanon 13-3
8. Turpin 14-4
9. Western Brown 12-4
10. Monroe 10-5
10. Colerain 9-6
10. Sycamore 9-6

Ursuline 4-7 - Look out!

Has anyone heard if the Williams girl at Princeton is going to play this year? I heard a while back she was getting ready to return, but it still hasnt happened.

Has anyone heard if the Williams girl at Princeton is going to play this year? I heard a while back she was getting ready to return, but it still hasnt happened.
From the box scores she had been playing a few minutes here n there nothing more then 8-10 a game

Interesting decision by West (#3 seed) to jump into the same district as Mason (#2 seed), when there were still 3 open districts to choose from...

Interesting decision by West (#3 seed) to jump into the same district as Mason (#2 seed), when there were still 3 open districts to choose from...
definitely surprising. Could be some upsets this year with all the parity. Should be a good tournament

Very interesting, probably trying to avoid playing Dayton Wayne in the district final. Very Surprised Edgewood took the route they did. And is it possible Ursuline could knock of Lebanon and Loveland to end up in districts. Sure going to be a fun Tournament.

Very interesting, probably trying to avoid playing Dayton Wayne in the district final. Very Surprised Edgewood took the route they did. And is it possible Ursuline could knock of Lebanon and Loveland to end up in districts. Sure going to be a fun Tournament.
A run by Ursuline is definitely possible. I'm anticipating the District finals match-ups, with a couple of possibles noted, to look like this:

Cincinnati 1 vs Dayton 1
Princeton??? (#4) vs Wayne (#1)

Cincinnati 2 vs Cincinnati 5
Edgewood (#5) vs MND (#1)

Cincinnati 3 vs Dayton 2
Mason (#2)/West (#3) vs Springboro (#3)

Cincinnati 4 vs Dayton 3
Lebanon (#6)/Loveland (#7) vs Centerville (#2)

A run by Ursuline is definitely possible. I'm anticipating the District finals match-ups, with a couple of possibles noted, to look like this:

Cincinnati 1 vs Dayton 1
Princeton??? (#4) vs Wayne (#1)

Cincinnati 2 vs Cincinnati 5
Edgewood (#5) vs MND (#1)

Cincinnati 3 vs Dayton 2
Mason (#2)/West (#3) vs Springboro (#3)

Cincinnati 4 vs Dayton 3
Lebanon (#6)/Loveland (#7) vs Centerville (#2)
Come on Run2Wyn lol, just go ahead and make the pick! West or Mason, Lebanon or Loveland. Haha just pick a winner.

It's actually good strategy by West to jump in with Mason. Their two games this year were close -- they're ALWAYS close -- and if they advance past Mason, they get the weakest team out of Dayton in Springboro. (Not saying Boro is bad, just saying I'd rather play them than Wayne or C'Ville)

It's actually good strategy by West to jump in with Mason. Their two games this year were close -- they're ALWAYS close -- and if they advance past Mason, they get the weakest team out of Dayton in Springboro. (Not saying Boro is bad, just saying I'd rather play them than Wayne or C'Ville)
The West/Mason games are ALMOST always close ? (see the 2019 games). Perhaps Fishman had some good intell on how the Dayton districts were going to play out, as the seeding/draws were scheduled to be happening at the same time yesterday. I know coaches talk and give hints, or just say what they're going to do come bracket time, but they don't always then do what they say.

Last edited:
who do you all see as potential upsets(seed wise).

I'm with everyone thinking Ursuline could beat anyone in their bracket. Also Lakota East beat Princeton and gave West and Mason fits, so it seems like they could beat Edgewood and then maybe a Milford over Turpin?

who do you all see as potential upsets(seed wise).

I'm with everyone thinking Ursuline could beat anyone in their bracket. Also Lakota East beat Princeton and gave West and Mason fits, so it seems like they could beat Edgewood and then maybe a Milford over Turpin?
Not sure I see a ton of upsets but I could see Monroe beating Walnut and ending up facing Princeton in the Sectioional finals.

Honestly, I think this year’s tournament is going to be filled with “upsets” for two reasons. First there is a ton of parity this year outside of the top couple of teams. Secondly there a very possible any team could get hit with a quarantine and loose key players. If you look at the trends with season, it’s bound to happen.

Wow, just saw the Box score, and Loveland with a huge statement on the road vs Lebanon. I guess they weren't happy being voted behind them in the tournament seeding. that being said if they meet up again it's hard to beat a team three times in one season.