Cincinnati City Records Girls

Looking at that photo of Ms. Whaley, I can see the difference between her and CJ. Whaley looks more like a quarter-miler with that forward lean and full stride, whereas CJ didn't have a fast twitch fiber in her (I exagerate). I doubt CJ could've run faster than a 60 or 61 split on a 4x4. She was all metronome. I can tell Ms. Whaley has some wheels under her, though. I wonder if Ms. Whaley will race against Ms. Bush sometime in the next 2 years?

Marie Kastrup (Mt. Notre Dame, junior) - 1500m - 4:33.7 MT - 6th in Heat #2 - AAU Women's Junior Championship - White Plains HS, White Plains, NY - 25 June 1975. Marie qualified for the final; unfortunately, I have not been able to find her time in the final, nor her time in the 3000m that she was also schedule to race.

Whitmore has her with a 4:33.1 best. That may have come in the final; however, it may have also been a misreading or mistyped 4:33.7. Those 1s and 7s can be interchanged if not written/printed clearly. I had that exact problem happen once at a district meet where I had to ask the crew to re-check the results more closely.