Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

A lot of chatter going on in the area that Taft will be opening soon and Brad is heading to West

Hearing the same Demarco Bradley from Taft- West would be lucky to have him, but not a guarantee of success there. They have had a couple of good coaches and some talent but still struggled.
(sorry for the edit- not sure what happened)

Last edited:
A lot of chatter going on in the area that Taft will be opening soon and Brad is heading to West
Hearing the same- West would be lucky to have him
Tremendous Coach with the talent of that freshmen class he can build something special. Also hearing Woodward will be coming open

Demarco Bradley the head coach of Taft HS
I think Demarco is a great coach but a terrible fit for Lakota West. I could see him at Winton Woods and be successful there more so than at West. I think Lakota West will end up being Moss from Middletown. But if Demarco and Redden both leave CMAC that would leave the following schools in CMAC looking for new head coaches:

Hughes
Taft
Woodward

Arguably, three of the better jobs to have in the city.

I think Demarco is a great coach but a terrible fit for Lakota West. I could see him at Winton Woods and be successful there more so than at West. I think Lakota West will end up being Moss from Middletown. But if Demarco and Redden both leave CMAC that would leave the following schools in CMAC looking for new head coaches:

Hughes
Taft
Woodward

CPS jobs are "Flavor of the month". Kids can freely switch schools within CPS, going to wherever the right coach is, or the right players go to. Those 3, withrow, Aiken & West HI have all had their days in the sun.

The best CPS job is the one with the most talent, and that changes every year

CPS jobs are "Flavor of the month". Kids can freely switch schools within CPS, going to wherever the right coach is, or the right players go to. Those 3, withrow, Aiken & West HI have all had their days in the sun.

Walnut Hills is an absolute gem.

I cant see West hiring Bradley. The whole Taft scene was a little bit of a sideshow to me. I dont really have an opinion about his coaching other than I watched them play McNick and Alter in the tournament and Taft looked lost against both of them when they zoned and slowed the game down.I dont know how well that plays out for him against GMC coaches and competition.

So it comes down to these guys being AAU coaches on the CPS payroll? The degree to get the foot in the door is merely a facade?

Last edited:
Not a fair assessment for any inner city school coaches who are looking to move up and in this case Bradley deserves a shot. I get the narrative, but dont agree with it. Its a different animal at most of these schools and a different need, but that is a different topic. Most programs who win at high level yearly has someone on the bench who recruit or are in the KNOW.. Bradely is qualified but I dont think he will get the nod.

Not a fair assessment for any inner city school coaches who are looking to move up and in this case Bradley deserves a shot. I get the narrative, but dont agree with it. Its a different animal at most of these schools and a different need, but that is a different topic. Most programs who win at high level yearly has someone on the bench who recruit or are in the KNOW.. Bradely is qualified but I dont think he will get the nod.

Doesn't matter because I have heard from multiple sources that Kelven Moss has been offered and accepted the job at Lakota West. So, who's in line at Middletown?

Doesn't matter because I have heard from multiple sources that Kelven Moss has been offered and accepted the job at Lakota West. So, who's in line at Middletown?
Thats a home run hire! Moss is one of my favorites he's deserving hard to see him leaving Middletown with being alum and some guys coming to join him in Middletown do they head to west with him? As of Sunday night all of my sources were Brad to West because Moss was staying put this will be interesting until the announcement comes!!

Hughes
Taft
Woodward

I didn't think the fit would be great either but him getting a chance was great opportunity to me!

Thats a home run hire! Moss is one of my favorites he's deserving hard to see him leaving Middletown with being alum and some guys coming to join him in Middletown do they head to west with him? As of Sunday night all of my sources were Brad to West because Moss was staying put this will be interesting until the announcement comes!!
Not saying it's not, but what makes it a home run hire? Has he ever won a sectional title anywhere?

Not saying it's not, but what makes it a home run hire? Has he ever won a sectional title anywhere?
He's done a really good job his two years at Middletown just shifting the culture. High IQ guy with a ton of knowledge and connections in the basketball world. When you have a coach that the players can relate to they tend to play harder and you get the most out of them. With the talent that walks through the doors in the Lakota district that could mean a lot more than just sectional titles and banners being hung

He's done a really good job his two years at Middletown just shifting the culture. High IQ guy with a ton of knowledge and connections in the basketball world. When you have a coach that the players can relate to they tend to play harder and you get the most out of them. With the talent that walks through the doors in the Lakota district that could mean a lot more than just sectional titles and banners being hung
BANG!!!

Agreed. I really like Coach Moss as a person and motivator. He's pretty much exactly what you want in a high school coach.