CHL Football 23

What can anyone tell me in particular about Deer Park? They have an interesting Round 1 matchup with Twin Valley South. Potentially a very competitive game.

Not sure why Red took his post down. But I was told Daniel didn't even receive one POY vote.
How Reading, Maderia and Taylor were 3 no votes for him is shameful. 200+ yards rushing and 3TDs for against each school. When their "star" did absolutely nothing.
All 3 need to check their egos at the door. Frosh or not, he destroyed your teams. Deal with it.
IH wouldn't have been better than 5-5 without him. To make up for, Rody should give Daniel the CoY trophy. He earned that too.

Last edited:
Not sure why Red took his post down. But I was told Daniel didn't even receive one POY vote.
How Reading, Maderia and Taylor were 3 no votes for him is shameful. 200+ yards rushing and 3TDs for against each school. When their "star" did absolutely nothing.
All 3 need to check their egos at the door. Frosh or not, he destroyed your teams. Deal with it.
IH wouldn't have been better than 5-5 without him. To make up for, Rody should give Daniel the CoY trophy. He earned that too.
“deal with it” doesn’t mean they have to vote for him. 😆

Looking at the stats...

Did Taylor really not rush the ball once against Indian Hill? I see that they threw it 55 times, which explains the 350 passing yards.

I don't want to make it sound like I was "bashing" a kid for winning an award.
But it was evident the POY for the CHL was devlan. If not for his 1250+ rushing yds In the CHL IH doesn't win a title IMO. That's what the POY is supposed to be the best player in the league. Devlan was by far. Shouldn't matter what grade that kid is in or what position they play.

Chl POY voting in every sport is so goofy.

I don't want to make it sound like I was "bashing" a kid for winning an award.
But it was evident the POY for the CHL was devlan. If not for his 1250+ rushing yds In the CHL IH doesn't win a title IMO. That's what the POY is supposed to be the best player in the league. Devlan was by far. Shouldn't matter what grade that kid is in or what position they play.

Chl POY voting in every sport is so goofy.
I completely agree. IH is best 5-5 without him. He was a career saver for Rodenburg and staff in my opinion.

I completely agree. IH is best 5-5 without him. He was a career saver for Rodenburg and staff in my opinion.
Devlin is an absolute stud and should be POY, but IH wins the CHL with or without him. They gave up 3 points to Wyoming and 6 to Reading. The defense has been great against CHL competition and would have been enough to get through the league. Now to make a run in the playoffs they are going to have to rely on him.

Last edited:
Devlin is an absolute stud and should be POY, but IH wins the CHL with or without him. They gave up 3 points to Wyoming and 6 to Reading. The defense has been great against CHL competition and would have been enough to get through the league. Now to make a run in the playoffs they are going to have to rely on him.
You realize it's a lot easier to play defense when you control the running game, the clock and field position? Not to mention the confidence he brings everyone else. They knew with him, they always have a chance. That's un measurable

What can anyone tell me in particular about Deer Park? They have an interesting Round 1 matchup with Twin Valley South. Potentially a very competitive game.

Run heavy offense. Often run read option out of a double wing formation. QB is a good sized kid and their biggest offensive threat as a runner. Not a great passer though. Defense is very undisciplined and gives up a lot of big plays.

Run heavy offense. Often run read option out of a double wing formation. QB is a good sized kid and their biggest offensive threat as a runner. Not a great passer though. Defense is very undisciplined and gives up a lot of big plays.
Thank you! TVS plays in a weaker league than the CHL, but has played some nice competition in Ansonia, Tri-Village, and Preble Shawnee. They've had a more successful season this year than some years. I think this should be a solid first round matchup for both.

We will see what Rosenberg is made of.

IH hadn't trailed at Half all season in CHL play....

They trail by 4 vs reading.