CHL Football 23

Taylor has an 8th grade RB who is annihilating the e tire league. He’s 6’1 with a 6’5 brother and a 6’10 dad
STUD

he will be a major problem for every team in the league the next 4 years

I'm suprised it took this long for Indian Hill to build an indoor facility but apparently this is a done deal.

As hard as it is to believe, I'm told Deer Park is looking into what to do with the tennis courts next to the gym and the leading consideration is to tear it all out and put in a multipurpose indoor facility.
Taylor will be the next school with an Indoor facility. Fundraising for this has been a top priority for the new AD. Efforts are going very well.

Congrats to Taylor MS football team on an undefeated season.

There are quite a few from this group that will help make an impact next season on Varsity
Taylor might have more JH championships than any other CHL school. They use to dominate back as the Three Rivers Falcons.

Curious, how did the JH season play out standing wise?

Taylor might have more JH championships than any other CHL school. They use to dominate back as the Three Rivers Falcons.

Curious, how did the JH season play out standing wise?
yes , i know back in my day even wrestling/bball dominated at the MS level for awhile!

I am not sure I wish the CHL website had a page for MS sports to post schedules and results.

According to their sites…

Wyoming was 6-0 but didn’t play Taylor. Looks like they only hate a middle school team and not separate teams for 7/8.

Indian Hill 8th grade was 5-2.

Mariemont doesn’t have all results posted but I know they were bad.

Thats all I could find.

According to their sites…

Wyoming was 6-0 but didn’t play Taylor. Looks like they only hate a middle school team and not separate teams for 7/8.

Indian Hill 8th grade was 5-2.

Mariemont doesn’t have all results posted but I know they were bad.

Thats all I could find.
Wyoming may have forgot to post their result from the Taylor Game LOL. But Taylor won 23-12 I believe

Some of the CHL schools don't have enough for 7 and 8 split games so they Play Combined.

Taylor has an 8th grade RB who is annihilating the e tire league. He’s 6’1 with a 6’5 brother and a 6’10 dad
STUD

he will be a major problem for every team in the league the next 4 years
Jerimiah is a GREAT athlete and even better kid!

8th grade class has some kids that will help with Varsity next year for sure!

Sandusky is 6'3'' big physical WR/DE

they went undefeated in the 7th grade for football and basketball. Looking to make it a clean with w/bball this season

Taylor will be the next school with an Indoor facility. Fundraising for this has been a top priority for the new AD. Efforts are going very well.
Taylor has the room to do it and do it right. It would go a long way imo keeping some kids home as opposed to traveling up the hill to that school in Price Hill.

Only way DP gets it done is through tax dollars imo. Community is too small and I doubt has the quantity of folks with those kind of resources to privately fund raise the required amount. The fact that it's even on the table is a positive step.

Taylor has the room to do it and do it right. It would go a long way imo keeping some kids home as opposed to traveling up the hill to that school in Price Hill.

Only way DP gets it done is through tax dollars imo. Community is too small and I doubt has the quantity of folks with those kind of resources to privately fund raise the required amount. The fact that it's even on the table is a positive step.
It's a done deal. Blue prints are done.

Just have to get the funding AKA donations/corporate sponsors

Well devlan is as advertised!

IH needs to do Whatever it takes to keep him there. Dad a big raise on the baseball field, bring in a buddy or 2 or anything.....

He will take them as far as they go....

McGowan threw for 350+ and 2 TD .

If anything going to be some tape for future playoff opponents on how you can pick apart their D.

And McFarland did just fine.

McFarland is a stud there’s no other way of putting it. The catch he had in the third was unbelievable. However I must say going into next year will be Interesting to see the situation he’s in without McGowan in the backfield. Wonder if there will be any thoughts of transferring to a bigger school such as an elder or oak hills to where he’s not being triple teamed and has a true Qb in the backfield. Kid is going to go far and I’m excited to see what his future hold because It is bright.

McFarland is a stud there’s no other way of putting it. The catch he had in the third was unbelievable. However I must say going into next year will be Interesting to see the situation he’s in without McGowan in the backfield. Wonder if there will be any thoughts of transferring to a bigger school such as an elder or oak hills to where he’s not being triple teamed and has a true Qb in the backfield. Kid is going to go far and I’m excited to see what his future hold because It is bright.
He is at Taylor via open enrollment (from Oak hills)

Rumor is his brother (freshmen @ oak hills) wants to come to Taylor. But there were rumors that he was going back to Oakhills.

Who knows?

As far as QB play I think their line will be much improved. Giving whomever it is more time to throw the ball. Most likely Ferguson (unless their is a transfer that comes in)

He had a few nice catches. The TD grab was pretty insane!

I wish he was able to pull this one down.

Attachments

• received_1028693425005179.jpeg
    received_1028693425005179.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 30
I only got the tail end of the TD catch

But basically he went over 2 defenders, high pointed it. Came down Hand on the ground and dove over top of the safety and rolled over his body into the endzone.....

If you were at the game #13 had some 2 crazy crabs too!

Attachments

• received_1006535787096165.jpeg
    received_1006535787096165.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 40
Looks like Madeira will have a re match with Purcell. (I'll take Purcell by 10)

IH vs Reading rematch as well. (IH by 20)

Wyoming vs Washington CH (Wyoming by 30)

MM looks to be out.

Deer park with a potential match up vs tri village

MM looks to be out.

It looks like Joe Eitel hasn't input the score of the Roger Bacon-Norwood game where a Norwood win would put Mariemont in the playoffs.

Roger Bacon won 23-6, however. So it appears to be a done deal that they're out.

MM looks to be out.

Madeira and PM match-up will be interesting. Early in year I went with PM. I will say the MVC from top to bottom is pretty bad. Toss up game. I'll go with PM again.

IH and Reading. Watched some of the Reading / MM game online and I'll say Reading will need more than a WB sweep and QB sneak to even have a chance. That was pretty much their offense last Friday.

Wyoming and Washington CH. Don't know anything about WCH other than they seem to be a yearly play off team. Wyoming minus a superstar as we've seen very beatable

Wyoming definitely at 1, but I see Reading at 3-4. After losing their QB, the offensive attack won’t nearly be as good as it was. I think Deer Park should be in the mix for a top 4 finish… after returning most of their players, they’re hungry for a winning season with Parsons still commanding the offense. I think Indian Hill finishes higher than 4. Losing Hayden at receiver will hurt, but they are arguably the most experienced group in the league this year with virtually all starters returning, including QB Podojil who is no doubt the most dynamic QB here. No way Taylor will keep that 3 spot either unless they have huge help from their underclassmen. Madeira , Mariemont and Finneytown will struggle for sure. Here’s my ranking:

Wyoming
Indian Hill
Reading
Deer Park
Madeira
Taylor
Mariemont
Finneytown
Great predictions outside of Deer Park.

Well devlan is as advertised!

IH needs to do Whatever it takes to keep him there. Dad a big raise on the baseball field, bring in a buddy or 2 or anything.....

He will take them as far as they go....

McGowan threw for 350+ and 2 TD .

If anything going to be some tape for future playoff opponents on how you can pick apart their D.

And McFarland did just fine.
350 is a over shoot and McFarland had 0 stats in the 1st half and had stats when the game was over don’t look into this to much.

Madeira and PM match-up will be interesting. Early in year I went with PM. I will say the MVC from top to bottom is pretty bad. Toss up game. I'll go with PM again.

IH and Reading. Watched some of the Reading / MM game online and I'll say Reading will need more than a WB sweep and QB sneak to even have a chance. That was pretty much their offense last Friday.

Wyoming and Washington CH. Don't know anything about WCH other than they seem to be a yearly play off team. Wyoming minus a superstar as we've seen very beatable

One common opponent in Monroe. Wyoming beat them 13-0 at home while WCH lost 48-21 at home.

WCH faced 8 play-off teams during the regular season (6 D3, 2 D4) while Wyoming only faced 4 (IH, Reading, Madeira, & DP).

Thoughts at the end of the regular season....

Indian Hill exceeded my expectations. I tend to think that's more due to the emergence of Devlan Daniel than Rodenberg coaching, but I suppose it's due to both. Interesting to see how next year goes after they lose their 4 best receivers and Podojil. Obviously Daniel will be the focal point of that offense though.

Lots of talk about the lack of a star for Wyoming, but they still had a good year (although I don't see them going far in this year's playoffs). Hancock, Hamilton and Gault will lead the way next year offensively. They will need to find a way to replace Hauer at QB and defensively. Could be a lot of unknowns though next year.

Reading was the most surprising team to me. Didn't think they would be as good as they are after the loss of Engel and Brooks. That being said, the CHL as a whole was down, so that helped boost their record a little.

I think Madeira pretty much did what we expected. Pretty average team after losing so much last year. Honestly not real sure where they go after this year. They had no run game at all their QB will graduate.

Taylor ended up being fine offensively, but awful defensively. McGowan had a good year and McFarland is easily the best receiver in the league, but not a whole lot outside of that. According to this thread, they've got some young guys coming though.

What a weird year for Mariemont. 5 of their 6 losses were one score games. Aside from the Indian Hill game, their average margin of loss is about 5 points. I think coaching factors into some of that, especially losing to Deer Park in week 9. That said, they lose Tully this year and will likely be worse next year. After having some great years from 2019-2021, Mariemont has fallen off quite a bit.

Deer Park was the most underachieving team this year. No way this team should only be winning 1 game in the CHL, including a loss to Finneytown. And they'll lose just about every significant contributor this year.

At least Finneytown got a win this year.

350 is a over shoot and McFarland had 0 stats in the 1st half and had stats when the game was over don’t look into this to much.
McFarland didn't play almost the entire 1st half.

Don't know why but he was on the sideline for most of it

Thoughts at the end of the regular season....

Indian Hill exceeded my expectations. I tend to think that's more due to the emergence of Devlan Daniel than Rodenberg coaching, but I suppose it's due to both. Interesting to see how next year goes after they lose their 4 best receivers and Podojil. Obviously Daniel will be the focal point of that offense though.

Lots of talk about the lack of a star for Wyoming, but they still had a good year (although I don't see them going far in this year's playoffs). Hancock, Hamilton and Gault will lead the way next year offensively. They will need to find a way to replace Hauer at QB and defensively. Could be a lot of unknowns though next year.

Reading was the most surprising team to me. Didn't think they would be as good as they are after the loss of Engel and Brooks. That being said, the CHL as a whole was down, so that helped boost their record a little.

I think Madeira pretty much did what we expected. Pretty average team after losing so much last year. Honestly not real sure where they go after this year. They had no run game at all their QB will graduate.

Taylor ended up being fine offensively, but awful defensively. McGowan had a good year and McFarland is easily the best receiver in the league, but not a whole lot outside of that. According to this thread, they've got some young guys coming though.

What a weird year for Mariemont. 5 of their 6 losses were one score games. Aside from the Indian Hill game, their average margin of loss is about 5 points. I think coaching factors into some of that, especially losing to Deer Park in week 9. That said, they lose Tully this year and will likely be worse next year. After having some great years from 2019-2021, Mariemont has fallen off quite a bit.

Deer Park was the most underachieving team this year. No way this team should only be winning 1 game in the CHL, including a loss to Finneytown. And they'll lose just about every significant contributor this year.

At least Finneytown got a win this year.
Not much to argue with, however, I'd say DP was most suprisingly for opposite reasons. DP's problem is they can't find someone who knows defense and I feel like there's never any consistency with coaching staff. I don't have the time to look it up but they gave up 30+ points in every CHL game but 1 and I'm guessing if you took the time, the past 3-4 years, their ppg allowed is probably somewhere between 35-40ppg in CHL play.

I feel like Wyoming the last half of the year, after they beat Taylor, was a different team than the 1st half. Not sure if that was complacency, but outside of the cellar dwellers, they really struggled and if they played Ross or Monroe week 11, I think Ross/Monroe would be favored. At least it wouldn't be by 2 TD's 😁