CHL Football 2021

I agree. I really wanted to see Reading advance. Feel bad for them. I went to the,Taft Maderia game last night. Taft did everything they could to give tge game away. They had a total of 6 fumbles. 2 in side tge 20 giving Maderia great field position. And they actually held them once. Taft claims they were missing 5 starters who hot hurt in the Hughes game. Not sure if that's true. But they won't win another game if they play like that going forward.
Reading had two starters suspended that makes a huge difference

Reading had no real answer to Carlisle option. Carlisle pass coverage was good too. I thought it was going to come down to who had the ball last, but Reading had to settle for an FG on their 1st position of the 2nd half. I think Carlisle scored every position in the 2nd half.

It shows how week the CHL schedule is for Wyoming and IH-- those two teams (generally) finish first and second in the CHL (IH did not do as well this year-- but IH still did well enough to get a #7 seed-- based on beating a few weak CHL teams)-- and then IH got DRUBBED (playing at home) by a team seeded 3 spots lower (after Milton-Union had to travel an hour and a half/75 miles for the game).

You had people on this forum (e.g.- "WashedUpCHL") actually picking IH to WIN that game-- based on what? IH's wins over these other smaller CHL teams? How do you get enough wins to be a #7 seed (of 16)-- and then get POUNDED at home 33-0? Answer: Play an extremely weak schedule, get some wins against that weak competition, and then not even really show up for a home playoff game. Milton-Union OBVIOUSLY was better-- but there is no way that IH should perform so poorly that this game was a total mismatch, with a running clock. It can happen (see the Division I state championship final last year-- but Pickerington Central should be embarrassed about their arrogant overconfidence and poor performance in that game-- AND THEY ARE!)-- but there is no way the losing team in such a game can be proud of their effort-- IH obviously did not show up ready to play in that game at all.
I'm not an IH fan but McNick , Northwest , Taft is far from a "weak" schedule. (for out of conference games)
IH cant control 7 of the games they play a year.

they in the rest years have had home-home's with new richmond (IH was 2-0 in that series and seems like they schedule each other a lot) Aiken (IH was 1-1 in that series)
CHCA (IH was 1-1 in that series)

It shows how week the CHL schedule is for Wyoming and IH-- those two teams (generally) finish first and second in the CHL (IH did not do as well this year-- but IH still did well enough to get a #7 seed-- based on beating a few weak CHL teams)-- and then IH got DRUBBED (playing at home) by a team seeded 3 spots lower (after Milton-Union had to travel an hour and a half/75 miles for the game).

You had people on this forum (e.g.- "WashedUpCHL") actually picking IH to WIN that game-- based on what? IH's wins over these other smaller CHL teams? How do you get enough wins to be a #7 seed (of 16)-- and then get POUNDED at home 33-0? Answer: Play an extremely weak schedule, get some wins against that weak competition, and then not even really show up for a home playoff game. Milton-Union OBVIOUSLY was better-- but there is no way that IH should perform so poorly that this game was a total mismatch, with a running clock. It can happen (see the Division I state championship final last year-- but Pickerington Central should be embarrassed about their arrogant overconfidence and poor performance in that game-- AND THEY ARE!)-- but there is no way the losing team in such a game can be proud of their effort-- IH obviously did not show up ready to play in that game at all.
Uh, Milton was the#7 seed and IH traveled to West Milton. Having a hard time following this post.
In the end, I feel that the CHL isn't the monolith that it has been. Wyoming , Reading, IH didn't perform to the level I thought they would. Wyoming needs to beware of Graham. That team has athletes, used to winning, and speed.
Milton is returning this whole team next year. So, chances are we will see the CHL again. Before last night, our experience with this league was vs Reading in 2002 (L) and Wyoming 2019 (L).
So we have a large respect for these schools.

Dude...If you're gonna puff your chest out and scream from the mountain tops, you should probably get your facts straight. IH was the lower seed and played on the road. You just sound like a high-volume gasbag on this one.

All league teams are out and as most predicted, Hester and Johnson got athlete of the year and Reardon got COY. Here's the breakdown, per school, on 1st team all league:

Reading 6
Wyoming 5
Indian Hill 4
Mariemont 4
Taylor 4
Madeira 4
Deer Park 2
Finneytown 1

For the most part it reflects the standings.

No surprises by the breakdown in the CHL all-league. As always, a few head-scratchers on 1st Team/2nd Team designation but the distribution makes sense.

IH did not play great, there is no excuse there from them. However, for the facts, they were a #10 seed and travelled up to Milton Union. Under old playoff rules, they would have been eliminated with the week 10 loss to Reading.
The listing of results I saw said that IH was the #7 seed that lost to the #10 seed (at home)-- if that information was in error, then it changes my opinion-- still a pretty bad loss-- but not as bad as losing 33-0 at home, as the higher seed to a team making a ~90-minute road trip. I thought I had seen IH was the higher seed/home team-- probably was misled by the CHL posters picking IH to win. It will be interesting to see what Milton-Union does against Wyoming, if that matchup should occur.
Uh, Milton was the#7 seed and IH traveled to West Milton. Having a hard time following this post.
In the end, I feel that the CHL isn't the monolith that it has been. Wyoming , Reading, IH didn't perform to the level I thought they would. Wyoming needs to beware of Graham. That team has athletes, used to winning, and speed.
Milton is returning this whole team next year. So, chances are we will see the CHL again. Before last night, our experience with this league was vs Reading in 2002 (L) and Wyoming 2019 (L).
So we have a large respect for these schools.
I saw a listing that had the seeds reversed-- given MU was the higher (#7), and played at home, that changes it somewhat-- it's not as bad, but it was still an ugly loss for IH-- it still doesn't look like IH came prepared to play hard.

Dude...If you're gonna puff your chest out and scream from the mountain tops, you should probably get your facts straight. IH was the lower seed and played on the road. You just sound like a high-volume gasbag on this one.
I said that I had seen a listing with the seeds reversed. It's still a bad loss for IH-- just not AS bad as I thought.

I'm not an IH fan but McNick , Northwest , Taft is far from a "weak" schedule. (for out of conference games)
IH cant control 7 of the games they play a year.

they in the rest years have had home-home's with new richmond (IH was 2-0 in that series and seems like they schedule each other a lot) Aiken (IH was 1-1 in that series)
CHCA (IH was 1-1 in that series)
That's the biggest part of the problem-- the CHL schedule is just not appropriate for Wyoming and Indian Hill (most years).

That's the biggest part of the problem-- the CHL schedule is just not appropriate for Wyoming and Indian Hill (most years).
but not going to change; the chl schools field teams for most sports and are close to keep costs down.

For the most part the CHL is a good league. Wyoming, IH, Roger Bacon, etc seem very good. Wyoming is outstanding.
Overall, I feel that the league was down this year compared to other years you've had.

For the most part the CHL is a good league. Wyoming, IH, Roger Bacon, etc seem very good. Wyoming is outstanding.
Overall, I feel that the league was down this year compared to other years you've had.
Not to nitpick but Bacon isn’t in the CHL. If they were they would have been #2 this year and would probably give Wyoming their best opponent.

Although Wyoming beat Grahm 30 to 6, the final score was not indicative of the game. It was 8 to 6 at halftime (I believe). Hester was hurt and set out almost the entire 3rd quarter. When he did get back in the game 3rd quarter, he immediately broke about a 85 yard T.D. That was a back breaker and opened up what was a close game. The Wyoming/Massie game next week looks like Ali vs,Frazier. Lol. Not sue if it matters, because McNick appears to be putting a running clock on whoever they've played so far. I haven't seen them play, but they appear to be very good this year. Time will tell.

Deer Park and Mariemont both lose.

Deer Park blown out by a real good Coldwater team.

Mariemont loses a close game to Roger Bacon. I think Mariemont wins if they have Dorsten at QB.

Looking at McNick, I'm not completely sold on them. They beat Indian Hill 28-13 in week one. Milton Union, who just lost to Eaton, 13-12 at Eaton, beat that same Indian Hill team 33-0. Typically I don't look at score comparison, but when you have that large of a disparity in opponents, it's kinda of glaring. I think Eaton knocks off McNicholas by 14 and Massie powers past Wyoming by a td. Eaton is a very good team. Much better than anyone McNick faced in the playoffs this year so far. IMHO.
Graham was a good team this year playing a decent schedule. Wyoming was the better team.
I'm very impressed with Taft. That's a really good team.

Looking at McNick, I'm not completely sold on them. They beat Indian Hill 28-13 in week one. Milton Union, who just lost to Eaton, 13-12 at Eaton, beat that same Indian Hill team 33-0. Typically I don't look at score comparison, but when you have that large of a disparity in opponents, it's kinda of glaring. I think Eaton knocks off McNicholas by 14 and Massie powers past Wyoming by a td. Eaton is a very good team. Much better than anyone McNick faced in the playoffs this year so far. IMHO.
Graham was a good team this year playing a decent schedule. Wyoming was the better team.
I'm very impressed with Taft. That's a really good team.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in that McNick score. IH scored 2 TDS late v. the JVs, the second as the clock ran out. Also IH had their starter Thornton v. The Rockets..did he play against MU?
Coach O is too nice a guy. He’s pulled his starters several times this season and the other team didn’t reciprocate. A few games looked closer then they actually were..IH, Fenwick, Bacon, Washington CH come to mind.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t put too much stock in that McNick score. IH scored 2 TDS late v. the JVs, the second as the clock ran out. Also IH had their starter Thornton v. The Rockets..did he play against MU?
Coach O is too nice a guy. He’s pulled his starters several times this season and the other team didn’t reciprocate. A few games looked closer then they actually were..IH, Fenwick, Bacon, Washington CH come to mind.
the IH qb left the team to focus on basketball.

The McNick-IH game was 0-7 until late in the game, McNick did not have the JVs in. McNick is a complete football team. I would not use that game as basis of comparison. Hard to make a comparison in week 13 on a game in week 1.

Should be a good game Friday-- two powerful rushing attacks and two stingy defenses. IMO I say Wyo has a better defense. Massie's DBs can be exploited.