CHL baseball 2021

93 red ls

No baseball in 2020 will do my best for a "preview"

4x returning CHL champs Taylor

Taylor- Return Junior Seth Keith who hit .338 as a freshmen. Johnny Kearns who hit .309 as a freshmen. Both will have plenty of time on the mound as well. Keep a lookout for the name Max Atkinson Junior Catcher hit .255 as a freshmen
(these 3 were freshmen and started on Taylors 2019 Varsity team)

Indian Hill- return Senior Luke Hammond hit .375 as a freshmen. Zack Osterhues senior who hit .323 as a freshmen. Hammond was 1-1 on the mound as a sophomore

Wyoming- (probably return the strongest class IMO and my favorite to win the league)
Return Senior Brennan Pagan who hit .477 as a sophomore. Senior Elijah Dennis who hit .414 as a sophomore. Junior Drew Mouch who hit .367. senior Aidan Dunehew who hit .356 as a sophomore. I HATED not getting to see Stickney pitch his senior year kid was LEGIT!

Reading- return senior Donald Furniss who hit .317 as a sophomore. Louie Hess returns as a senior who hit .316 as a sophomore. Junior Cameron Ellis hit .306 as a freshmen

Madeira- return senior Alex Krikorian who hit .400 as a sophomore. Dylan Thatcher a Junior hit .330 as a freshmen.

Mariemont- return senior Andrew Glassmeyer who hit .338 and won 3 games on the mound.

Deer Park-Return senior Marshall French who hit .362 as a sophomore.

My guess for the League is a Follows

1- Wyoming
2-Indian Hill
3-Taylor
4-Mariemont
5-Madeira
6-reading
7-deer park
8-finneytown

POY Pagan- Wyoming

NO one has played a league game yet BUT

Deer park has started the season 3-0
2 wins vs st bernard (out scored them 28-1) freshmen Jayce Parsons threw a 5 inning complete game no hitter in their opening game and recorded every out via K. thats pretty impressive.

Indian Hill has played a pretty tough schedule out of the gate facing Dropping games to LaSalle, monroe and CHCA.

Taylor is 2-2
dropped a close on to Batavia 4-3. Mark snowden hit 2 hr's in yesterdays game vs landmark.

Wyoming and reading are both 1-0

Looks like Finneytown has cancelled the game vs norwood tomorrow and that was the only NON league game they had on the schedule?

NO one has played a league game yet BUT

Deer park has started the season 3-0
2 wins vs st bernard (out scored them 28-1) freshmen Jayce Parsons threw a 5 inning complete game no hitter in their opening game and recorded every out via K. thats pretty impressive.

Indian Hill has played a pretty tough schedule out of the gate facing Dropping games to LaSalle, monroe and CHCA.

Taylor is 2-2
dropped a close on to Batavia 4-3. Mark snowden hit 2 hr's in yesterdays game vs landmark.

Wyoming and reading are both 1-0

Looks like Finneytown has cancelled the game vs norwood tomorrow and that was the only NON league game they had on the schedule?

i think reading is 1-0-1. they tied the cinci trailblazers, homeschooled kids. wyo's game against the trailblazers was snowed out today.

Taylor and Wyoming remain the only 2 unbeaten teams in the league

The competition seems to have even itself out in the CHL. It is a GOOD thing when deer park is beating some of the "higher" tiered teams in the league!

important dates

Wyoming and Indian hill face off MAY 3rd and 5th
Taylor and Wyoming April 28th and 30th

Mariemont seems to be playing the CHL tough as well.
2 losses to Taylor 1-0 and 2-1 and a 6-4 loss to Indian Hill

also, reading's #1 starter is really good and has been unlucky facing wyoming and taylor, where wyoming's #1 threw a no-hitter against him and taylor only scored 3 runs. reading can beat some teams.

Looks like Madeira and Wyoming had a good one on their hands last night!
A few big flys in the game some late runs and a extra inning W for the Cowboys

Looks like Madeira and Wyoming had a good one on their hands last night!
A few big flys in the game some late runs and a extra inning W for the Cowboys
true. madeira is a nice team. dylan thatcher can hit, and the top of their lineup is really good. they played better infield D than wyo. but wyo's starting pitching is strong and that and some timely hitting was the diff.

Madeira with a 1 run victory over taylor they play again today

I would Imagine Kearns goes for Taylor

Wyoming is the Lone team undefeated in the league and its theirs for the taking!

Indian Hill and Taylor both 4-1

the taylor/Indian Hill/wyoming match ups are going to be some good ones! Madeira playing spoiler!!!

Still impressed with the Deer Park team! they are my dark horse/most improved in the league for sure!

Taylor got a big win to earn a split with Madeira

IH over Reading
Wyoming over DP
Mariemont over Finneytown

1- Wyoming
2-Indian Hill
3-Taylor
4-Mariemont
5-Madeira
6-reading
7-deer park
8-finneytown

that was my pre season league
I would say at the half way point here is where we stand

1. Wyoming - they are the clear #1 in the league
2. Taylor - giving them the #2 for their D and pitching in 6 league games only have gave up 12 runs
3. Indian Hill- Early loss to DP hurts if not for that loss I put them at #2
4. Madeira - Thatcher can swing it if they were a little deeper i think they could be up a spot
5. Deer park- def my surprise team IN the CHL this year Hedges and McNultey have been a good 1-2 punch
6. Mariemont they def have played 2 of the top 3 teams tough (taylor and Indian hill) but would have needed to win 1 to be moved up
7. Reading Just dont have the arms to be in there
8 Finneytown they do have a W on the season but 5 losses by run rule.

Still impressed with the Deer Park team! they are my dark horse/most improved in the league for sure!

Taylor got a big win to earn a split with Madeira

IH over Reading
Wyoming over DP
Mariemont over Finneytown

1- Wyoming
2-Indian Hill
3-Taylor
4-Mariemont
5-Madeira
6-reading
7-deer park
8-finneytown

that was my pre season league
I would say at the half way point here is where we stand

1. Wyoming - they are the clear #1 in the league
2. Taylor - giving them the #2 for their D and pitching in 6 league games only have gave up 12 runs
3. Indian Hill- Early loss to DP hurts if not for that loss I put them at #2
4. Madeira - Thatcher can swing it if they were a little deeper i think they could be up a spot
5. Deer park- def my surprise team IN the CHL this year Hedges and McNultey have been a good 1-2 punch
6. Mariemont they def have played 2 of the top 3 teams tough (taylor and Indian hill) but would have needed to win 1 to be moved up
7. Reading Just dont have the arms to be in there
8 Finneytown they do have a W on the season but 5 losses by run rule.
best deer park team I have seen; their CF is really good, they hit up-and-down the lineup, and field well.

best deer park team I have seen; their CF is really good, they hit up-and-down the lineup, and field well.
I havent seen them in person yet have followed a few games on Game changer though! Def playing well! When Deer Park is winning baseball games its good for the CHL

IH takes 1st game from Taylor. that would slide IH up to the #2

Reading knocked off Mariemont as well. thought that was a little bit of a surprise

Taylor bounced back with a 5-2 win over IH at home.

Wyoming still in the drivers seat.

Pagan is running away with POY IMO.

2 HR
20 RBI
9 SB

he is 4-0 on the rubber and through 22 IP still has a 0 ERA

Taylor wyoming suspended in the bot of 2nd 0-0 score
supposed to be picked back up today mother nature said no chance

Taylor and Wyoming Split their season series.

Both games went to extra innings

Indian Hill Still has 4 tough ones left with wyoming and madeira

Taylor ends with finneytown and deer park

Taylor and Wyoming Split their season series.

Both games went to extra innings

Indian Hill Still has 4 tough ones left with wyoming and madeira

Taylor ends with finneytown and deer park
at home, taylor had the winning run at third, could not execute, and gave up big 9i to lose. at home, wyoming had a 1r lead in the 7th, could not execute, and let snowden hit the longest homer in wyo history to win. two great games.

at home, taylor had the winning run at third, could not execute, and gave up big 9i to lose. at home, wyoming had a 1r lead in the 7th, could not execute, and let snowden hit the longest homer in wyo history to win. two great games.
Yea I was at the game @ taylor. just needed something on the right side to score that run!

Your boy pitched a HELL of a game!

Was 2 good games for sure.

IH vs Wyoming will be the big series to decide the league

Wyoming with a Big win over IH 5-4 last night.

Locks them in for atleast a tie of the league

they have 2 games vs mariemont left. Mariemont has played IH and Taylor tough BUT they have alot of games left down the stretch still

battle for runner ups IH 8-4 and Taylor 8-3
Taylor has 2 vs deer park and 1 w/finneytown
IH has madeira twice

wyoming wins CHL. taylor gets the better tournament draw with deep pitching. indian hill gets jobbed some on their seed and have to play batavia.

wyoming wins CHL. taylor gets the better tournament draw with deep pitching. indian hill gets jobbed some on their seed and have to play batavia.
Congrats to the Cowboys!

Looks like

1) Wyoming
2) Taylor
3) Indian Hill

IH's loss to deer park earlier in the season looked to be what holds them out of a 2nd place finish.

Good luck to everyone in the post season!

Pagan is the clear #1 for POY still
.500 avg 29hits 18 runs 30 RBI 2HR 12 Stls
5-0 .568 ERA (NOT a typo) 47k's

Someone who may steal a vote or 2 from the HC's is Snowden from Taylor

.427 avg 32 hits 22 runs 29 RBI 5 HR 17 stls
3-2 3.468 ERA 38k's

Pagan is the clear #1 for POY still
.500 avg 29hits 18 runs 30 RBI 2HR 12 Stls
5-0 .568 ERA (NOT a typo) 47k's

Someone who may steal a vote or 2 from the HC's is Snowden from Taylor

.427 avg 32 hits 22 runs 29 RBI 5 HR 17 stls
3-2 3.468 ERA 38k's
and Just to compare the 2 vs each other

Pagan in 2 games vs Taylor

5-8 4 RBI (had the go ahead double to score winning runs)

Snowden in 2 games vs Wyoming

3-8 4 RBI 2 HR (Hit a go ahead HR to score winning runs)

Both Kids had BIG AB's in their wins vs one another

Kinda cool as well both teams won on the road

IH def didn't shy away from the competition
they beat franklin who is ranked in the state. Granted I'm sure they (being Franklin) didn't start one of their horses

IH def didn't shy away from the competition
they beat franklin who is ranked in the state. Granted I'm sure they (being Franklin) didn't start one of their horses
they also beat columbus bishop patterson that ROLLED wyoming the next day. they played great D against wyoming. the loss to DP really, really hurt them.