Chinese Spy Balloon

So if I get robbed I have carte blanche to rob someone else?

It's irrelevant what we do to them, we don't have to allow it.
Who is allowing what, again you don't think the military is not using counter measures to block any sensors that are on this balloon.

This all became an issue for the Biden administration, very simply, because they had hoped that this would not have been noticed, or would not be a big deal. They wanted to let China have its way with us in ignoring our sovereignty, and Blinken could still go to Beijing and kowtow to our Chinese masters.

The American People: "How could you allow our enemy to violate our sovereign borders?"

The Biden Administration: "What borders?"

328889857_1656552708135415_2924910575668526349_n.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty confident that if we floated a spy balloon over China that they'd probably shoot it down in short order. 🤷‍♂️
I agree but were not the chinese. I would hope our govt. values human life a little more than china does. Plus our military might be trying to learn whatever they can from this floating spy ship.

I agree but were not the chinese. I would hope our govt. values human life a little more than china does. Plus our military might be trying to learn whatever they can from this floating spy ship.
I think the question is how did we allow it into our air space to begin with? The Secretary of Defense has some splainin to do

Reactions: y2h
We’ve done it to China for decades and we did it for decades to the Soviet’s. We really don’t have a leg to stand on here in terms of outrage.

Hell the CIA is spying on China right this second.
And if they catch our spy machines, they destroy them

I am sure our government values human life way more than the Chinese but let's not pretend the US doesn't blow people to hell frequently.

Is it even manned?

how would shooting down a balloon cause someone to die? they could have brought that down in Montana? you ever been to Montana?imagine all of Mercer and Auglaize counties with only praire dogs on it... plus then we take a look at ALL their equipment thats on that balloon..... besides years ago they made one of our planes land, and kept that plane on the ground for 11 days , before it was allowed to leave...

Weak response by a feckless leader. Terrorists around the world are salivating.
they saw that in how Uncle Joe handled the leaving of Americans behind in Afgan.... and causing 13 Americans and 100's of afgans to die.... FACT!!

Now that I have more info on the balloon: it is flying between 80,000 and 120,000 FT. At that altitude there is nothing it can photo that one of their satellites can't.
The only plausible explanation is that it could be testing US Air Defense systems. It could have sensors that pickup US radar, that would tell the Chinese the bandwith and type of radar

I am sure our government values human life way more than the Chinese but let's not pretend the US doesn't blow people to hell frequently.

Is it even manned?
NOPE..... they can control where it goes, the last time i heard

Now that I have more info on the balloon: it is flying between 80,000 and 120,000 FT. At that altitude there is nothing it can photo that one of their satellites can't.
The only plausible explanation is that it could be testing US Air Defense systems. It could have sensors that pickup US radar, that would tell the Chinese the bandwith and type of radar
the Chinese say it is to check the weather.... which is possible, since they are so worried about the climate..

just what i heard on a news report on 700 wlw this afternoon.......

They can raise or lower the altitude, that is it; by doing so it can take advantage of the direction of wind at different altitudes. They can't control it to go other than wherever the wind takes it.

Most "weather" balloons come down when they go too high and pop from pressure.

Why would China spend another yuan on manufacturing an intercontinental missle when all they need is a balloon? --- 81 years later and our adversary can still sneak up on us from air, shameful. --- Somewhat surprised the side of the balloon isn't adorn with the emblem of the Chinese flag and a picture of Joe.

A couple interesting thoughts in the link.
And...it’s still in the air??? Why not capture the dam thing and see what it’s collecting?
Holy sheet...Are they just going to let it get home and disseminate whatever it collected?