Chaminade-Julienne (1-1) @ Kettering Fairmont (2-0)

Firebuck

This Friday, Fairmont meets Chaminade-Julienne on the gridiron for the first time in 44 years, resuming a series between the Fairmont schools and Chaminade schools in which teams from both schools were competitive over the span of 30 games. Fairmont schools won nine of the first 11 games in the series before Chaminade dominated from 1964-1971 with a record of 10-2. Fairmont schools would finish strong between 1972 and 1977, winning six straight games. Chaminade teams who competed in the series included teams led by Head Coach Gerard "Fuzzy" Faust whose teams won 12 city league football championships en route to an overall record of 132-50-10. Several games in the series were played at the current Baujan Field on the campus of the University of Dayton.

Fairmont is off to their best start since 2017 at 2-0 through a combination of both the leading rushing offense as well as overall defense in the GWOC standings. Exceptional ball security as well as a strong advantage in time of possession have allowed them to control the tempo of games, resulting in their strong start. Fairmont is coming off a game against Trotwood-Madison in which they performed at a high level in all phases of the game, so it will be interesting to see if they can continue that trend against Chaminade-Julienne.

Chaminade-Julienne started the season with a 38-20 victory over Troy through a balanced offensive attack, both rushing and passing for 225 yards each while turning the ball over only once. While they lost their second game to Moeller by the score of 28-42, they outscored Moeller in both the first and fourth quarters, albeit with a far less balanced attack than in their first game. They finished strong but came up short in a performance that showed positive signs of what is likely to come.

I am looking forward to seeing how these two teams match up against each other Friday. Can Fairmont continue to play at the high level in all phases of the game as they have shown so far against the Eagles? Can the offense of Chaminade-Julienne have success both running and throwing the ball against this tough Firebird defense? I think this game is shaping up to be an intriguing matchup and I can't wait to see what both teams have in store this Friday.

1940 - Fairmont 7, Chaminade 2
1943 - Fairmont 6, Chaminade 0
1944 - Fairmont 8, Chaminade 6
1950 - Chaminade 30, Fairmont 0
1951 - Fairmont 7, Chaminade 6
1956 - Fairmont 33, Chaminade 6
1959 - Fairmont 22, Chaminade 0
1960 - Chaminade 14, Fairmont 6
1961 - Fairmont 6, Chaminade 6
1962 - Fairmont 6, Chaminade 0
1963 - Fairmont West 10, Chaminade 0
1964 - Chaminade 14, Fairmont West 6
1964 - Chaminade 7, Fairmont East 0
1965 - Chaminade 28, Fairmont West 16
1965 - Chaminade 41, Fairmont East 8
1966 - Chaminade 12, Fairmont West 8
1966 - Fairmont East 20, Chaminade 16
1967 - Chaminade 14, Fairmont West 6
1967 - Chaminade 26, Fairmont East 12
1968 - Chaminade 18, Fairmont East 0
1969 - Chaminade 13, Fairmont West 0
1970 - Fairmont West 14, Chaminade 0
1971 - Chaminade 7, Fairmont East 6
1972 - Fairmont East 23, Chaminade 7
1973 - Fairmont West 21, Chaminade-Julienne 8
1974 - Fairmont West 14, Chaminade-Julienne 7
1975 - Fairmont East 12, Chaminade-Julienne 0
1976 - Fairmont East 14, Chaminade-Julienne 6
1977 - Fairmont West 7, Chaminade-Julienne 0

Last edited:

Thanks for the history lesson Firebuck. Really cool stuff. I think this one should be one of the best match ups in Miami Valley this week. It’ll be interesting to see how the Eagles prepare for the the Fairmont ground and pound offense. How are the Fairmont db’s? CJ has some great talent on the outside that are probably their biggest strength.

I agree here. They could potentially win region 12 this year.
Not going to happen
Last time in playoffs Bellbrook beat the
58-0

58-0
That’s a butt kicking but yet everyone is hyping up the fact they return a lot ? Hmm

I don’t care how many yoy return , if they aren’t studs it doesn’t matter

they won’t beat badin , Bellbrook or alter in the playoffs

Bellbrook is all hat, no cattle - has been for decades.
Is that right ?

Since Jenkins arrived 6 years ago they’ve turned into a contender
Built a program
Like I said
Last year playoffs

Bellbrook - 58
Cj - 0

I’m not buying into the cj returns a lot stock
Not happening

Bellbrook would beat them this year as well
They couldn’t move the ball on the defense nor stop the running game of alt and burondi

go on with your non sense , wake up and get with the times man

Nothing to hang their hats on , lost deep in playoffs to a great team .

this post is about cj and like I said
They won’t beat Bellbrook , alter or badin in playoffs

Not going to happen
Last time in playoffs Bellbrook beat the
58-0

58-0
That’s a butt kicking but yet everyone is hyping up the fact they return a lot ? Hmm

I don’t care how many yoy return , if they aren’t studs it doesn’t matter

they won’t beat badin , Bellbrook or alter in the playoffs
Cj was very young last year and would beat Bellbrook right now. Everyone was in so I wouldn't really count that as a "playoff" game they were 3-5 overall last year. Do you think Bellbrook could beat alter?Badin? no chance. The top tier teams in region 12 never have to worry about Bellbrook ?.

Nothing to hang their hats on , lost deep in playoffs to a great team .

this post is about cj and like I said
They won’t beat Bellbrook , alter or badin in playoffs
That's true - fair enough, but I haven't seen Bellbrook win a big game in a long, long time.

Bellbrook just played badin to a very tough game
10-7 most game until a pick was thrown last 3 min of game .
you clearly don’t know what your talking about

cj lost 58-0
Keep trying to work your way around that

58-0
I don’t care what you return
That’s a butt whoopin
So as I’ve said
I’m not jumping on the “they return a ton train”

when you lose to Bellbrook by 58
Lmao

Cj was very young last year and would beat Bellbrook right now. Everyone was in so I wouldn't really count that as a "playoff" game they were 3-5 overall last year. Do you think Bellbrook could beat alter?Badin? no chance. The top tier teams in region 12 never have to worry about Bellbrook ?.
They won’t beat bellbrook in the playoffs
They haven’t improved 58 points
No way no how
Bb returned majority of their squad too
Cj isn’t 58 points better
Just isn’t

U do realize your making excuses for a 58-0 loss and your truly believing that their that much improved ? Doesn’t matter if it was regular season or playoffs
They got Manhandled absolutely dominated by almost 60 points didn’t even have 60 yards of offense

But your right
Their world beater

CJ is a legit team. Great week 1 win followed up by a strong performance against a much bigger school. I’m glad CJ isn’t backing down from anyone.
Good showing vs Moeller, but that was a pickup game after both schools’ opponents covid cancelled on them. Still CJ could have said no and didn’t. CJ has a very good QB and some talented receivers,especially Owens. Owens is a big play guy with great speed and athleticism. What Fairmont did to Trotwood is pretty scary. Fairmont will dominate the ground game on both sides of the ball. CJ needs to score through the air. Should be fun to watch.

Fairmont- 17
CJ- 7

Fairmont will force CJ to play the Firebirds’ game, just like they did to Alter. i’m gaining a lot of confidence in Fairmont this season

CJ needs to find a way to get that ground and pound Fairmont offense off the field. If not CJ will be in for a long night. Fairmont's corners aren't very good and haven't been tested. I highly doubt that those corners will be able to keep up with Owens. With that being said I think Fairmont just runs the ball down CJ's throat and CJ can't get off the field on 3rd and short. Fairmont 24 CJ 7

I'm trying to figure out how losing 58-0 is relevant to this year. It's not. I've seen a team turn a 72-0 loss one year, into a 14-7 win the next year against the same team. What happened last year, or a million years ago, is irrelevant.
That being said, I do like Fairmont in this one.

This is an interesting matchup. I actually do think CJ is improved this season and has two good showings in Weeks 1 and 2. Fairmont will be another tough opponent with a unique system. Fairmont themselves have two impressive wins this season with Alter and Trotwood. Whoever comes out on top in this game should feel good about where their season is headed. I'll say:

Fairmont 14
CJ 7

As I said before
Cj wouldn’t hang
24-7 fairmont wins

cj had 17 yards of offense in first half
Maybe ended with 100

fakrmont could of played better too , had more penalties then usual.