CFP 2021

Of course it is. But you won't hear the media/podcasters complaining about it either. Well, they still do - even though it's to their benefit. They have endless content to debate and analyze throughout the stretch of the season.
To say moving to 8 teams and those on the outside looking in is a similar to the last four in/out is a stretch.

As soon as they can get the $$ right divvied up right they will go with 8.

Eh. If one doesn't think tOSU has cash on-hand to winterize, if this is truly an issue, they're fooling themselves. Of course they did bungle Wi-Fi access, online ticketing, gate management, and a host of other issues, so I wouldn't put it past them to screw this up as well.
They would just need to cut down on their under the table entitlements to players which would then hurt recruiting.......

To say moving to 8 teams and those on the outside looking in is a similar to the last four in/out is a stretch.
It's simply an example to accentuate that no matter how many/few you include, there will always be debate about the next team out. You can't satisfy everyone - clearly.

Watching the NFL the last few weeks is why the college playoff should stay at 4 games. Every single week in college football is elimination games for most teams. There are only about 4-5 programs that could have more than 1 loss and still make the playoffs. That's GREAT!!! That's the way it needs to be. We get way too caught up in the "tournament" process. The entire season is a tournament in itself. If Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama lose again, they are done. If Michigan loses again, they are done. If Cincinnati loses, they are done. Georgia could still lose a game and still make it in. The current system is the best!

Watching the NFL the last few weeks is why the college playoff should stay at 4 games. Every single week in college football is elimination games for most teams. There are only about 4-5 programs that could have more than 1 loss and still make the playoffs. That's GREAT!!! That's the way it needs to be. We get way too caught up in the "tournament" process. The entire season is a tournament in itself. If Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama lose again, they are done. If Michigan loses again, they are done. If Cincinnati loses, they are done. Georgia could still lose a game and still make it in. The current system is the best!
Disagree. The NFL is a completely different animal because of the salary cap and the draft. College doesn't come close to the parity that you see in the NFL year over year.

If anything the college game just needs to go closer to the NFL model. Four super conferences of 16 - 8 teams per division. Each division winner earns their spot in the Playoff Quarterfinals. Rotate your conference quarterfinal matchups yearly instead of seeding. If the G5 don't have a chance, as it seems is the case right now in the current format then let them create their own division/playoff.

1637175793202.png

It's glaringly obvious to anyone with a pulse that they are specifically using spots 20-25 to reinforce/bolster the decisions they've made at the top.
Exactly. And more often than not those spots will go to SEC teams as long as ESPN controls the playoffs.

They would just need to cut down on their under the table entitlements to players which would then hurt recruiting.......
NIL makes that less of an issue. See how many kids are getting $50k-$100k trucks without playing a meaningful (or a single) down.

NIL makes that less of an issue. See how many kids are getting $50k-$100k trucks without playing a meaningful (or a single) down.
Wonder how long this will last. I feel in ten years or less people start realizing it's wasted money to pay many of these NIL

Wonder how long this will last. I feel in ten years or less people start realizing it's wasted money to pay many of these NIL
Exactly. How’s that Dr. Pepper-D.J. Uiagalelei deal working out?

These companies should just pay AEW Champion to advertise for them on here. It would be money much better spent.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Your ad here!

Logic is clearly not your strong suit.
College football isn’t a one-week season. While UC has been busy dirtying its diaper while playing in the sandbox with the dregs of the American, Notre Dame has been playing and winning big-boy football against much more solid competition. UC’s resume is weaker than the little sand castle in the sandbox that just got blown over when the groundskeeper ran the lawnmower near it.

Your ad here!

Exactly. How’s that Dr. Pepper-D.J. Uiagalelei deal working out?

These companies should just pay AEW Champion to advertise for them on here. It would be money much better spent.

Your ad here!
A lot of places were quick to start throwing $$ at players with it being new. I hear bits and pieces of it on some radio shows I follow.

Have to wonder though that it will hit a wall quicker than some expect. It is always tough to calculate a return on investment on these things as part of it is a long term name recognition play, but I think moving forward more places will realize it is throwing $$ away.

Have to wonder though that it will hit a wall quicker than some expect. It is always tough to calculate a return on investment on these things as part of it is a long term name recognition play, but I think moving forward more places will realize it is throwing $$ away.
Under the table payments to players in the past by businesses was throwing away money because they couldn't tell anyone. At least now, they are able to brag about supporting the program.

I suspect NIL for some players will mostly just be fans of the program helping to bring in talented players instead of helping that business' bottom line.

College football isn’t a one-week season. While UC has been busy dirtying its diaper while playing in the sandbox with the dregs of the American, Notre Dame has been playing and winning big-boy football against much more solid competition. UC’s resume is weaker than the little sand castle in the sandbox that just got blown over when the groundskeeper ran the lawnmower near it.

Your ad here!
I know I am gonna' hate myself in the morning but WTF......if the Bearcats had to defeat Ohio State, Bama, or Georgia 2 out of 3 they could not do it, but not many teams could. This years Notre Dame team is a different story. If the Bearcats played ND five times we would handle them all five times. Outside of the big tight end from CovCath and number 14 on D, Notre Dame don't have anybody that would play ahead of any of our guys. That Saturday up in South Bend weren't no fluke. That was a start to finish mono on mono, we are better than you, and there ain't nothin you can do about it handling of Notre Dame. Hell, we've got teams in our piece of crap league better than this is years Notre Dame team. Tulsa is much more physical, SMU and Houston are way more explosive..Notre Dame......Please

Your ad here!
24-13.

I know I am gonna' hate myself in the morning but WTF......if the Bearcats had to defeat Ohio State, Bama, or Georgia 2 out of 3 they could not do it, but not many teams could. This years Notre Dame team is a different story. If the Bearcats played ND five times we would handle them all five times. Outside of the big tight end from CovCath and number 14 on D, Notre Dame don't have anybody that would play ahead of any of our guys. That Saturday up in South Bend weren't no fluke. That was a start to finish mono on mono, we are better than you, and there ain't nothin you can do about it handling of Notre Dame. Hell, we've got teams in our piece of crap league better than this is years Notre Dame team. Tulsa is much more physical, SMU and Houston are way more explosive..Notre Dame......Please
I wouldn't go that far. ND is playing much better, specifically their OL which is where UC abused them the most. However, that game was much worse than the final score of 24-13. 2 missed FGs for UC, both of which weren't long by any stretch. Then the drive in the 3rd Qtr that set up ND's 1st score was inside the 25 for the Bearcats with a chance to go up 20 or 24-0.

If the two teams played five times right now, UC would win at least 3, likely 4 with a very strong chance to win all 5. ND couldn't handle Myjai. ND couldn't handle Pierce. Whyle was MIA in the passing game earlier in the year. I don't care what their recent scores have been or looked like, UC proved it on the field that they're better than ND. So there is absolutely zero chance that 11-1 ND, makes this Playoff field over 13-0 UC. Hell, I would argue if UC finishes the regular season 12-0, but loses on a last second FG type situation to 11-1 Houston in the American Championship, they still should make the Playoff over ND.

You rushed for 3.1 yards/carry and ND rushed for 3.0 yards/carry in that game. The difference was the turnover margin ND lost 3 to 1. There was nothing dominating in that performance. You also had two weeks to prepare for your Super Bowl and ND was coming off a war with Wisconsin in Soldier Field the week before.

I wouldn't go that far. ND is playing much better, specifically their OL which is where UC abused them the most. However, that game was much worse than the final score of 24-13. 2 missed FGs for UC, both of which weren't long by any stretch. Then the drive in the 3rd Qtr that set up ND's 1st score was inside the 25 for the Bearcats with a chance to go up 20 or 24-0.

If the two teams played five times right now, UC would win at least 3, likely 4 with a very strong chance to win all 5. ND couldn't handle Myjai. ND couldn't handle Pierce. Whyle was MIA in the passing game earlier in the year. I don't care what their recent scores have been or looked like, UC proved it on the field that they're better than ND. So there is absolutely zero chance that 11-1 ND, makes this Playoff field over 13-0 UC. Hell, I would argue if UC finishes the regular season 12-0, but loses on a last second FG type situation to 11-1 Houston in the American Championship, they still should make the Playoff over ND.
Total nonsense. UC won the yardage battle in that game by a small margin. ND drove right down the field on their first possession and threw a bonehead interception to kill that drive. Then UC was gifted a miracle botched kickoff return. Those two turnovers were the main differences in the game. Neither team really dominated the other. If your guys were so dominant, how come they couldn’t even crack 400 yards of offense?

You rushed for 3.1 yards/carry and ND rushed for 3.0 yards/carry in that game. The difference was the turnover margin ND lost 3 to 1. There was nothing dominating in that performance. You also had two weeks to prepare for your Super Bowl and ND was coming off a war with Wisconsin in Soldier Field the week before.
I love it when the losing fans trot out that tired old "Well it was your Super Bowl" line when their team gets thumped. UC fans try to console themselves with that nonsense when Xavier beats us in basketball. Keep analyzing that stat sheet if it makes you feel better, but I know what I saw. Cincinnati was two missed chip shot field goals away from a 17 point win in South Bend. And, it wasn't that close.

I love it when the losing fans trot out that tired old "Well it was your Super Bowl" line when their team gets thumped. UC fans try to console themselves with that nonsense when Xavier beats us in basketball. Keep analyzing that stat sheet if it makes you feel better, but I know what I saw. Cincinnati was two missed chip shot field goals away from a 17 point win in South Bend. And, it wasn't that close.
Xavier is in a better basketball league than UC is. Playing UC is just a tune up for Big East play for X.

Actually, UC had 9 months, not 2 weeks, to prepare for their one-game season. Because let’s be honest, when your schedule consists of Miami Redskins, Murray State, and two-win Indiana, any mediocre team can just roll the ball out there and whallop those teams while focusing on the one real game on the schedule. Even then, UC still struggled with Indiana, who has proven to be an abysmal team.

Your ad here!

What an asinine post. Notre Dame would simply run right over UC at this point of the season. They figured out the OL; meanwhile, UC’s run defense has been exposed by bad teams in recent weeks. ND would win 4 of 5, undoubtedly.

Your ad here!

Turnover margin was big, that's also a big reason why UC wins in general. Their defense is primed to take the ball away. Even without the turnovers UC also had 4 other red zone trips to ND's 2.

Rush YPC is also another straw man. You brought up the Bengals before, what is their biggest offensive weakness - OL. Much like them, the Bearcats biggest offensive weakness is the OL. They didn't run the ball effectively against Georgia outside of Ford's 79-yard TD in the 3rd Qtr, yet were still squarely in the game.

Also, aidselder09, a one-loss UC won’t even be ranked in the top 10, much less making the playoff over ND.

Your ad here!