CFP 2021

BS ? you sound like Corso
Ohio St, Baylor, Ok St, ND in a rematch, Utah all could beat UC.

However, UC earned the right to be in the playoff with the early season win over ND. If they had just beaten a borderline top 25 team like Purdue, then I’d have kept them out. However, to go unbeaten w/ a win on the road over a top 5 team, they earned it. I think Bama will kick this s*** out of them, but that’s the system.

Ohio St, Baylor, Ok St, ND in a rematch, Utah all could beat UC.

However, UC earned the right to be in the playoff with the early season win over ND. If they had just beaten a borderline top 25 team like Purdue, then I’d have kept them out. However, to go unbeaten w/ a win on the road over a top 5 team, they earned it. I think Bama will kick this s*** out of them, but that’s the system.
All those teams you listed could beat any team on a given day, as could UC. The system is the system, UC did everything they were supposed to do and earned the spot. As for Bama, we shall see

All those teams you listed could beat any team on a given day, as could UC. The system is the system, UC did everything they were supposed to do and earned the spot. As for Bama, we shall see
I don’t think they could beat UGA or the Bama team from yesterday

I don’t think they could beat UGA or the Bama team from yesterday
I think they could.

By now we're all old enough to know every year some team is invincible, until they're not. And then the mania picks another team to be invincible, until they're not. Wash, rinse, repeat. None of these teams is beyond match-ups and game-planning I think. The short distance between Cinci and SEC was clear in the Bowls last year. They're a good choice n the game plans and some funny bounces their way away from an NC if their playes can hold it together in the atmosphere.

Personally, Think these committees should show some balls and told UGA, you're out. You lost to someone already in. Enjoy the Sun Bowl. Should have been Baylor.

Last edited:
I think they could.

By now we're all old enough to know every year some team is invincible, until they're not. And then the mania picks another team to be invincible, until they're not. Wash, rinse, repeat. None of these teams is beyond match-ups and game-planning I think. The short distance between Cinci and SEC was clear in the Bowls last year. They're a good choice n the game plans and some funny bounces their way away from an NC if their playes can hold it together in the atmosphere.

Personally, Think these committees should show some balls and told UGA, you're out. You lost to someone already in. Enjoy the Sun Bowl. Should have been Baylor.
I think you’re fooling yourself. The playoffs are almost always blow outs. The only “good” semi final games I can think of are the UGA vs OU game in ‘17 and Bama vs OSU in ‘14.

I think they could.

Baylor stinks. Their offense in the second half was peewee-level bad.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The New Big 12 will HAVE TO PLAY KETCHUP!

I think you’re fooling yourself. The playoffs are almost always blow outs. The only “good” semi final games I can think of are the UGA vs OU game in ‘17 and Bama vs OSU in ‘14.
Clemson vs Ohio State was pretty good in 2019.

Thoughts don't always count. You proposing a 2 team play-off all that is necessary? You've fooled yourself.

All the sky screaming about the Bearcats on this thread is hilarious. Here is the reality boys, the Bearcats are in and your favorite team is not. The Bearcats collect 6 million dollars by making the playoffs, and your favorite team does not. Big Fick is staying and will continue to build this monster. The Bearcats joining the BIG12 in 2023 means our TV money goes from 7 Mill to 25 Mill. This being a highly ranked football program is gonna' be an annual thing boys, I suggest you guys get used to it.

All the sky screaming about the Bearcats on this thread is hilarious. Here is the reality boys, the Bearcats are in and your favorite team is not. The Bearcats collect 6 million dollars by making the playoffs, and your favorite team does not. Big Fick is staying and will continue to build this monster. The Bearcats joining the BIG12 in 2023 means our TV money goes from 7 Mill to 25 Mill. This being a highly ranked football program is gonna' be an annual thing boys, I suggest you guys get used to it.
lol, no one is screaming. And it won't be an annual thing. Unless Fick is some sort of magician, or he is able to recruit a lot better than the current 50 something ranking. And the conference gets the 6 million, not the Bearcats.

No, 4 is fine. However, if you really think 4 teams have a legitimate shot most years, you’re wrong.
If 4 is too many and two is too few, you're proposing 3 is JUST right. Before you try and tell someone they're "fooling" themselves. maybe get your own reasoning straight. Also, learn how to have a civil conversation. ;)

lol, no one is screaming. And it won't be an annual thing. Unless Fick is some sort of magician, or he is able to recruit a lot better than the current 50 something ranking. And the conference gets the 6 million, not the Bearcats.
He got here with that 50 ranking. There is something to having 4-5 year players instead of the "oh I haven't played but three snaps, I think I'll portal" crowd. We do know that his recruiting grounds are undervalued. He knew it and has exploited it. A big issue for the university program is if he does move on he will still be recruiting the SW Ohio schools and that will take from what has built this team.

Now that he has established a midwestern P5 can make such a splash, there may be more recruits that choose a more local program. Higher recruits that might normally head to P5 but see an opportunity to accompish their goals close to home, might stay. Seems reasonable? Even moreso if he can establish that Cinci is a pipeline to the NFL.

He got here with that 50 ranking. There is something to having 4-5 year players instead of the "oh I haven't played but three snaps, I think I'll portal" crowd. We do know that his recruiting grounds are undervalued. He knew it and has exploited it. A big issue for the university program is if he does move on he will still be recruiting the SW Ohio schools and that will take from what has built this team. Now that he has established a midwestern P5 can make such a splash, there may be more recruits that choose that more local program. Even moreso if he can establish that Cinci is a pipeline to the NFL.
He will not be doing that recruting at that level. There is a reason you see the same few schools in the play offs, because they recruit a lot better than anyone else. Fick has yet to play a P5 schedule with those recruits. And, if he can with without recruitng in the top 5, he will be considered the greatest coach of all time.

You know what the lesson. Ronnie caught on. Odd ball year nonetheless.
Blowouts happen every year in this thing, the talking heads are talking about pressure on UC as they're carrying the flag for the G5, but you think the Bearcats give a rat's behind about that? If so, you clearly haven't been paying attention to this team.

Utah, Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma St., OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State, MSU, Clemson, Pitt, Auburn, A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss are teams that would give UC fits.
Lol you're joking right? Half the teams on this list would not give them fits. Utah, Ohio St, Ole Miss yes. There are a few that are debatable, but Iowa, Kentucky, Pitt? Give me a break.

Lol you're joking right? Half the teams on this list would not give them fits. Utah, Ohio St, Ole Miss yes. There are a few that are debatable, but Iowa, Kentucky, Pitt? Give me a break.
Tough to really know right? You could not have walked into that any worse if you were blind.

Exactly, they did the right thing this year and these are without a doubt the best four teams
I doubt that bolded statement has ever been true in any year.
I agree with your first point - because I think the 4 selected deserve to be there.

Alabama is going to steamroll UC so bad that there will NEVER be a non power 5 making the playoffs again until it expands past 4 teams.

Alabama is going to steamroll UC so bad that there will NEVER be a non power 5 making the playoffs again until it expands past 4 teams.
What's the number on so bad?
Worse than LSU laid it on Oklahoma?
Worse than Clemson blanking Ohio St?
Worse than Oregon laid it on FSU?

What's the number on so bad?
Worse than LSU laid it on Oklahoma?
Worse than Clemson blanking Ohio St?
Worse than Oregon laid it on FSU?
28+ but even worse than the score they will look totally outmanned and like they do not deserve to be there.

It may not be fair, but UC holds all the non power 5 schools in their hands right now. UC has help tho as they are joining one, but when this route occurs the committe wont give non p5 a look moving forward.

I will disagree on getting steamrolled. I may eat crow on this, but I think UC will give them a game. Cincinnati has a tough defense and Ridder is no slouch.

28+ but even worse than the score they will look totally outmanned and like they do not deserve to be there.

It may not be fair, but UC holds all the non power 5 schools in their hands right now. UC has help tho as they are joining one, but when this route occurs the committe wont give non p5 a look moving forward.
And the easy counter argument to that is showing some of these other blowout scores:
Oregon-FSU
Alabama-Michigan St
Clemson-Ohio St
Clemson-Notre Dame
LSU-Oklahoma

I think Cincinnati will surprise some people. Do I think they'll win the game? No, but I would be very surprised if they lose by 28+.

And the easy counter argument to that is showing some of these other blowout scores:
Oregon-FSU
Alabama-Michigan St
Clemson-Ohio St
Clemson-Notre Dame
LSU-Oklahoma

I think Cincinnati will surprise some people. Do I think they'll win the game? No, but I would be very surprised if they lose by 28+.
The difference is....those are P5 schools, who play P5 schedules all season. They get blown out.....no big deal, but if Cincy goes and lays an egg that will give the committe an excuse...