CFP 2020

Notre Dame is the most consistently overrated team year after year.
They finished that game in a rout. The Defense wasn’t good vs FSU’s mobile QB but the Running game was dominant. They have 2 RBs (Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree) who would start for any team in the country other than Clemson or Bama. The ND OL is elite as well, possibly the best overall group in the country. Their ultimate weakness is the QB. Book is a game manager and not capable of beating a top tier opponent on his own.

If you put Sam Howell from UNC at QB for ND, they would be on par with Clemson. I can’t say they would for certain beat Clemson, but their chances would go up by a ton.

My list of 5 consistently overrated teams in the playoff era>

1) Texas
2) Texas A&M
3) Michigan
4) Florida
5) Miami

At least ND made the playoffs. USC is a close 6th but then again the Pac 12 has been awful the past couple years so its hard to be overrated when the bar is set low.

They finished that game in a rout. The Defense wasn’t good vs FSU’s mobile QB but the Running game was dominant. They have 2 RBs (Kyren Williams and Chris Tyree) who would start for any team in the country other than Clemson or Bama. The ND OL is elite as well, possibly the best overall group in the country. Their ultimate weakness is the QB. Book is a game manager and not capable of beating a top tier opponent on his own.

If you put Sam Howell from UNC at QB for ND, they would be on par with Clemson. I can’t say they would for certain beat Clemson, but their chances would go up by a ton.
Best O line in the country? ? tOSU will have three O linemen drafted in the first 2-3 rounds of the draft. The other two are underclassmen five star recruits

I don’t know why people thought his Offense wouldn’t work in the SEC. Did everyone forget about the Steve Spurrier at Florida? There’s difft nuances in the Offenses, but in terms of high level concept, they’re basically the same.

Not so fast my friend.

ND's offensive line is stupid good this year. PFF is just one measure but I saw a tweet last week that ND's OL as a whole had graded out at 97 for the year. #2 was UGA.....at 80.9.

Best O line in the country? ? tOSU will have three O linemen drafted in the first 2-3 rounds of the draft. The other two are underclassmen five star recruits
Key word “possibly”, check out Pro Football Focus’s rankings of OL. ND is #1. Also, they have the best pair of TEs in the country. The true Freshman Mayer already looks like a future NFL star. There’s a few other guys like Eichenberg at OT, Hamilton at S, and Koromah at DE/OLB who have decent odds at being 1st round picks, but Mayer is a 1st round lock in 2 yrs as long as he stays healthy.

edit: I know FSU sucks, but they still have talented players. Marvin Wilson at DT is a top 10 picks. Look at the holes the ND OL was opening up

Last edited:
Agree. They have the money, resources, atmosphere, recruiting base and drive to win that could pull Urban back into coaching.

It’s harder for me to see him comeback to coaching compared to just 1 yr ago. He looks so much healthier now compared to his last few seasons at OSU.

He enjoys the climb up the ladder when he first starts a job, building these programs back up and winning a title. However, when he’s at the top and trying to maintain that position, that’s when he comes undone.

It’s harder for me to see him comeback to coaching compared to just 1 yr ago. He looks so much healthier now compared to his last few seasons at OSU.

He enjoys the climb up the ladder when he first starts a job, building these programs back up and winning a title. However, when he’s at the top and trying to maintain that position, that’s when he comes undone.
I agree with most of that, but Type A’s like Urban aren’t built for watching life pass by. And Austin, TX is not a bad place to spend a few years being worshipped and being paid millions.

I agree with most of that, but Type A’s like Urban aren’t built for watching life pass by. And Austin, TX is not a bad place to spend a few years being worshipped and being paid millions.
But he’s also smart enough to know the effect it has on his health.

Hard to believe Kiffin wasn’t stealing Bama’s signs after they hang 50+ points on them and only score 21 vs Arkansas.

Clemson, Bama and OSU (probably) are the 3 best teams. The 4th playoff spot is irrelevant, those 3 are way ahead of everyone else. Clemson and ND could be a top 5 matchup and Clemson will absolutely smoke ND.

My list of 5 consistently overrated teams in the playoff era>

1) Texas
2) Texas A&M
3) Michigan
4) Florida
5) Miami

At least ND made the playoffs. USC is a close 6th but then again the Pac 12 has been awful the past couple years so its hard to be overrated when the bar is set low.

I'd put Tennessee up there too. Probably ahead of Miami and Florida. They haven't had it together since the early 2000s. Last SEC championship was 1998.

I'd put Tennessee up there too. Probably ahead of Miami and Florida. They haven't had it together since the early 2000s. Last SEC championship was 1998.

I thought about Tennessee but 1998 was so long ago their bar is low so how can you be overrated? Along with South Carolina I would put them in the most delusional fan base category.