Central Catholic league 2021

He's back : JT playing in limit roll tonight on Defense 1st half 2-3 TFL . Stallions got 2 Defense starters back from last years team tonight who haven't played all year.

Watterson makes it in despite the loss to Hartley, thanks to a converted 2-pt attempt by Ready in the last minute of their game.

it is possible Granville will have to take out the entire CCL to get to the Regional Championship Game. I just want to see a re match of week 7 1st.

Hartley won't be scared at all but a matchup against DeSales with some guys who essentially sat all year and are now finding their grove, is something I can't imagine they would want.

Hartley won't be scared at all but a matchup against DeSales with some guys who essentially sat all year and are now finding their grove, is something I can't imagine they would want.
And just when they start to get some kids back another key player goes down. Didn't play last week and probably won't the rest of the year.

And just when they start to get some kids back another key player goes down. Didn't play last week and probably won't the rest of the year.
Suck but unfortunately a part of the game. Hopefully the kid from Granville and DeSales can get better pretty soon.

Either way should be a great game this Friday.

Hartley could not avail themselves next week for it to happen. Take it up with them.
Really? Take it up with them? What does that even mean? We lost. That's all that needs to be stated.

On another front, London's pile it up offense was so effective, Hartley did not seem to know how to deal with the attack on their defense. London was the better team that night and I am a Hartley fan. I was impressed. Can't wait to see if unbeaten Granville will be able to handle London's approach. Then on to Western Brown or Jackson in our region.

Definitely not the ending either Hartley or DeSales thought would happen at the beginning of the year.

Props to DeSales because they kept the game very close without 4 starting offensive linemen and numerous other players out with injuries. They were decimated and kept the game close against a senior laiden Granville team.

Going to be interesting going into next year. For as good as both teams were this year, neither could get more than one playoff win. Hopefully that turns around next year.

Is it true that Granville's very good qb is out? I heard they beat Desales with a backup qb, but I wasn't 100% sure it is true?

From what I have read in the papers and on here Granville's Qb was one of the better running and throwing around the area. It is a true shame he is done but don't discredit the fact if Desales has those 4 OL and Granville has that QB....Granville still wins
Yeah. I personally feel that Carsyn is a more lethal on-field presence at QB than his older brother was. An older brother who literally went on to start in the Big 10 as a quarterback.

From what I have read in the papers and on here Granville's Qb was one of the better running and throwing around the area. It is a true shame he is done but don't discredit the fact if Desales has those 4 OL and Granville has that QB....Granville still wins
Perhaps, But Thompson being limit to just Defense after coming back in W9 is what really hurt DeSales all year . Even last year i felt he was a better RB that QQ who is at Ohio U. now. And watching him in Preseason he literally was impossible to stop . He had about 7-8 carries against Mansfield Senior a Playoff Team and none less than 7-8 yards.
Game would have been a lot more high scoring with both teams fielding all starters on Offense 100% healthy.

Very true, he is a very good QB . For Granville to continue to win without him is amazing.

Really? Take it up with them? What does that even mean? We lost. That's all that needs to be stated.

On another front, London's pile it up offense was so effective, Hartley did not seem to know how to deal with the attack on their defense. London was the better team that night and I am a Hartley fan. I was impressed. Can't wait to see if unbeaten Granville will be able to handle London's approach. Then on to Western Brown or Jackson in our region.

Well Granville passed the London test with a backup qb, lets see how they do against Western Brown. Good luck Granville

Any idea where this game will be played at?

It's simply amazing hearing all the excuses why Desales lost.

I’m surprised by this post. Everyone knows Desales only loses because of one of these three reasons
One…the refs where horrible
Two….the other team cheated
Three…because they had players injured

Never has a team outplayed them or the other team just simply was better. This is a school mentality

I know doesn’t every team get screwed by ref calls?
Doesn’t every team have injuries?

The short answer is no. Only Desales has to deal with this.
Everyone in region 11 got lucky this year because if JT was playing it was a wrap

I’m surprised by this post. Everyone knows Desales only loses because of one of these three reasons
One…the refs where horrible
Two….the other team cheated
Three…because they had players injured

Never has a team outplayed them or the other team just simply was better. This is a school mentality

I know doesn’t every team get screwed by ref calls?
Doesn’t every team have injuries?

The short answer is no. Only Desales has to deal with this.
Everyone in region 11 got lucky this year because if JT was playing it was a wrap
Thats Rich coming from the August State Champs , at least you will be in D4 next year where Little Brother belongs

Hahaha that’s what you got? Little bro? Might want to check that. 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021. 4 out of 5 years doesn’t sound like little brother to me. I know 2020 you guys were “finally” healthy. You guys are to predicable. You guys have had the best players in central Ohio (guys going to Michigan, Oklahoma, Cincinnati) and still can’t get it done. Not to mention the best coaching staff in the state right? Come on everyone knows but you guys. I know, “wait til next year unless we get hurt or the refs screw us”. I really do hate doing this (I used to really respect Desales) but a person can only listen to so many excuses for so long. Listen EVERY team has problems. The difference between other teams and Desales is the constant crying and the constant crap talking.

Theory question: what is the better 'reputation-sustaining' philosophy with the CCL today and going forward?

Is it...

a) being a part of the CCL is what makes the schools and programs great?

or,

b) the sum of all the traditions at the individual schools make for the CCL being a premier league in AD 2021, 2022, 2023...

One of these seem more obvious than the other, IMO, but it seems like the 'pitch' and promotion diverges when there are multiple messengers on it (some louder than others.)