Central Buckeye Conference 2022

It's quite possible London goes 5-5 or 6-4. Shawnee might beat them but after watching London and Bellefontaine both play, I don't think London will even be close in the Bellefontaine game with their predictable offense.

It's quite possible London goes 5-5 or 6-4. Shawnee might beat them but after watching London and Bellefontaine both play, I don't think London will even be close in the Bellefontaine game with their predictable offense.
London has had our card since joining the CBC but the Chiefs got to take it 1 week at at time. Lets focus on JA this week and see how that goes.

Oh my what a week 7 it was. My upset pick was upsetting to me and I wish I could have seen the KR and JA bands duke it out. There was a surprise in this week and I should have gone with my gut but then again I'd be rich if I did. On to week 8, crunch time for those wanting a divisional title and looking for a good playoff seed.

Kenton Trail:

Jonathan Alder at Bellefontaine: Game of the week in the CBC. Last week, Jewell in the Rough goes for 373 on the ground and St. Clair for 412 in the air. The Chefs have a gifted QB with receivers that can strike from anywhere at any time. Fogan, as good as he is, is a distraction to the defense, but he gets his 150 ypg, maybe. The Bellefontaine offense is right arm driven. The Pioneers rely on a heavy rushing game and if they are behind I think they lack the capability to recover. I will have to go with the boys in black and red with a similar score as they had last week.

Shawnee at Tecumseh: Are the Braves shell shocked from the aerial attack of Bellefontaine? Don't worry, Tecumseh is a ground and pound offense that out grounded and pounded the Red Raiders, HUGE WIN FOR THE ARROWS. I think this is a make or break game for the Braves in finishing second in the division but more importantly gaining points in their region with a solid seeding. The Shawnee Tribe Chief team will be at its best and with a ton of confidence this week. Is this a homecoming for the Arrows? The third week in a row for the Braves to witness? A couple of weeks ago I would have picked the Broken Arrows as an upset but now, I call it even and down to the wire. Whoever wins this game, just come out healthy and ready to represent the CBC in the playoffs, the division belongs to TTUN. This should be a barn burner so to speak. 28-21 is the final.

London at Kenton Ridge: This may be closer than some may think, maybe, could be, possibly. Then again the rushing attack of the Red Raiders may be more than the kittens of KR can take. London is coming off an upset from Tecumseh and the Cougars were beaten down in the second half by JA. Both teams have something to prove, KR more than London as KR postseason depends on it. It's a moral obligation that I take the state prison city over the Northeastern School District. However, if KR can dink and dunk mixed with running game and take this late into the 9th inning they may pull this out. Reality is, London hits a running clock midway through the 3rd quarter.

Mad River

North Union at Graham: Interesting match up but not really. NU rolls in this with their strong running game and good defense. Graham, though a decent team and looking good in Region 16, is not the what you call a solid football team. NU does what they do and plays solid fundamental football, hats off to them. NU needs Grahams points to move them up in Region 18 for a better seeding but in reality that wont help them too much as Region 18 is a TOUGH and will probably have the D5 State Champion and it ain't NU. The Graham faithful are awaiting wresting season after their first round playoff exit. Too bad Graham doesn't go head to head with CBC schools outside of the conference tourney. Graham is more of a pigeon than falcon when it comes to football.

Ben Logan at Urbana: This game may take several hours to complete. The QBs in this game are #2 and #3 in passing yardage. Who can control the ground will be the winner, edge Urbana. I think the U has more to offer, though probably outsized. I look for the Climbers to come out on top 45-41. Hey, Climbers win out and you will host a playoff game. When was the last time that happened? Keep it up but get ready for the next year down fall in the Kenton Trail. I'm still got you as my upset MR Champion...

Indian Lake at Northwestern: Yes, this game must be played and its a pride game as who doesn't finish last. There are positives for both teams and a whole lot of negatives when talking about these teams but NW takes this one in overtime. Both teams have the capability to increase their total points scored by 50% and that should be exciting for both fan bases, because their defenses, quit frankly, suck. Combined they have scored 137 points (9.8 points per game) and have given up 529 points (37.8 points per game)...COMBINED, Wowsy. That folks is what I call rock bottom. It is sad to see these two schools fall so quickly from the success they had a couple of years ago and I hope next year brings a greater success or builds into future success.

Last edited:
Have the CBC faithful been abducted by aliens? Where is the excitement for your school? There are a lot of good things going on in this conference and a good out look for post season. Outside of Bellefontaine2, LELL and ghsknightsfan, who is a OHC troll, lol, there is nobody. What is the 411 on your team?

Gamma ... who exactly are you going with in the Bellefontaine vs JA game? They are both Black and Red, lol Figured you meant Bellefontaine with the similar score comment, just wanted to clarify.

London vs KR - I think maybe Tecumseh showed everyone the answer to the London team, PHYSICAL FOOTBALL. With that said, London wins
Tecumseh vs Shawnee - Tecumseh riding high off the big upset against London and keep it rolling. Tecumseh wins
Bellefontaine vs JA - Bellefontaine is on a roll, and with the rumor mill of the RB back and healthy, could be a good game. But JA takes the win

NU vs Graham - Graham is doing ok but NU is rolling, only loss is to a bigger school, they continue to push for a week 10 championship game against Urbana - NU wins
BL vs Urbana - Urbana is on the rise, or climbing their way back up (insert hillclimber pun here). I think they match NU as undefeated in conference play leading to a week 10 championship. Urbana with the win
IL vs Northwestern - I think these programs are moving in 2 different directions. IL was senior heavy last year and that lack of experience has shown this year. NW on the other hand is on the up! NW wins

Gamma ... who exactly are you going with in the Bellefontaine vs JA game? They are both Black and Red, lol Figured you meant Bellefontaine with the similar score comment, just wanted to clarify.

London vs KR - I think maybe Tecumseh showed everyone the answer to the London team, PHYSICAL FOOTBALL. With that said, London wins
Tecumseh vs Shawnee - Tecumseh riding high off the big upset against London and keep it rolling. Tecumseh wins
Bellefontaine vs JA - Bellefontaine is on a roll, and with the rumor mill of the RB back and healthy, could be a good game. But JA takes the win

NU vs Graham - Graham is doing ok but NU is rolling, only loss is to a bigger school, they continue to push for a week 10 championship game against Urbana - NU wins
BL vs Urbana - Urbana is on the rise, or climbing their way back up (insert hillclimber pun here). I think they match NU as undefeated in conference play leading to a week 10 championship. Urbana with the win
IL vs Northwestern - I think these programs are moving in 2 different directions. IL was senior heavy last year and that lack of experience has shown this year. NW on the other hand is on the up! NW wins
You caught that, haha. I like to keep my options open...I gotta take Bellefontaine and would love to see the game but going to take in something closer to my area.

Surprised you didn't ask who I picked with the Reservation Bowl, Shawnee and Tecumseh. Still undecided but giving edge to the Arrows; however, the Braves quick strike O makes me doubt that.

I like your summaries. Best of luck to your team tonight.

Have the CBC faithful been abducted by aliens? Where is the excitement for your school? There are a lot of good things going on in this conference and a good out look for post season. Outside of Bellefontaine2, LELL and ghsknightsfan, who is a OHC troll, lol, there is nobody. What is the 411 on your team?
Sounds to me like everyone has went into hibernation a little bit early 😂🤣

Oh my what a week 7 it was. My upset pick was upsetting to me and I wish I could have seen the KR and JA bands duke it out. There was a surprise in this week and I should have gone with my gut but then again I'd be rich if I did. On to week 8, crunch time for those wanting a divisional title and looking for a good playoff seed.

Kenton Trail:

Jonathan Alder at Bellefontaine: Game of the week in the CBC. Last week, Jewell in the Rough goes for 373 on the ground and St. Clair for 412 in the air. The Chefs have a gifted QB with receivers that can strike from anywhere at any time. Fogan, as good as he is, is a distraction to the defense, but he gets his 150 ypg, maybe. The Bellefontaine offense is right arm driven. The Pioneers rely on a heavy rushing game and if they are behind I think they lack the capability to recover. I will have to go with the boys in black and red with a similar score as they had last week.

Shawnee at Tecumseh: Are the Braves shell shocked from the aerial attack of Bellefontaine? Don't worry, Tecumseh is a ground and pound offense that out grounded and pounded the Red Raiders, HUGE WIN FOR THE ARROWS. I think this is a make or break game for the Braves in finishing second in the division but more importantly gaining points in their region with a solid seeding. The Shawnee Tribe Chief team will be at its best and with a ton of confidence this week. Is this a homecoming for the Arrows? The third week in a row for the Braves to witness? A couple of weeks ago I would have picked the Broken Arrows as an upset but now, I call it even and down to the wire. Whoever wins this game, just come out healthy and ready to represent the CBC in the playoffs, the division belongs to TTUN. This should be a barn burner so to speak. 28-21 is the final.

London at Kenton Ridge: This may be closer than some may think, maybe, could be, possibly. Then again the rushing attack of the Red Raiders may be more than the kittens of KR can take. London is coming off an upset from Tecumseh and the Cougars were beaten down in the second half by JA. Both teams have something to prove, KR more than London as KR postseason depends on it. It's a moral obligation that I take the state prison city over the Northeastern School District. However, if KR can dink and dunk mixed with running game and take this late into the 9th inning they may pull this out. Reality is, London hits a running clock midway through the 3rd quarter.

Mad River

North Union at Graham: Interesting match up but not really. NU rolls in this with their strong running game and good defense. Graham, though a decent team and looking good in Region 16, is not the what you call a solid football team. NU does what they do and plays solid fundamental football, hats off to them. NU needs Grahams points to move them up in Region 18 for a better seeding but in reality that wont help them too much as Region 18 is a TOUGH and will probably have the D5 State Champion and it ain't NU. The Graham faithful are awaiting wresting season after their first round playoff exit. Too bad Graham doesn't go head to head with CBC schools outside of the conference tourney. Graham is more of a pigeon than falcon when it comes to football.

Ben Logan at Urbana: This game may take several hours to complete. The QBs in this game are #2 and #3 in passing yardage. Who can control the ground will be the winner, edge Urbana. I think the U has more to offer, though probably outsized. I look for the Climbers to come out on top 45-41. Hey, Climbers win out and you will host a playoff game. When was the last time that happened? Keep it up but get ready for the next year down fall in the Kenton Trail. I'm still got you as my upset MR Champion...

Indian Lake at Northwestern: Yes, this game must be played and its a pride game as who doesn't finish last. There are positives for both teams and a whole lot of negatives when talking about these teams but NW takes this one in overtime. Both teams have the capability to increase their total points scored by 50% and that should be exciting for both fan bases, because their defenses, quit frankly, suck. Combined they have scored 137 points (9.8 points per game) and have given up 529 points (37.8 points per game)...COMBINED, Wowsy. That folks is what I call rock bottom. It is sad to see these two schools fall so quickly from the success they had a couple of years ago and I hope next year brings a greater success or builds into future success.
The “Pigeons” looked like a pretty solid team tonight

Word on the Bellefontaine sideline was the Alder coaches were speaking very disrespectful of St Clair. Time to grow up and quit getting outplayed in the second half. The cheap shots late and their star RB quitting late spoke for itself.

I got out to a game and it was a good one. The Arrows, with their perfectly executed edge holding scheme held off the Braves. I almost left at half time after Shawnee's QB went out but I stuck around and I was impressed with #2, this kid is electric, though he doesn't have the arm or maybe the total understanding of the offense that their starter does. He's kind of a wildcard and I thought he did a good job. How many more Berner's are there in the pipeline? Good God!!! Good win for the Arrows and it looks like you got a boost in the points to 8th in the region.

I was somewhat disappointed in the officials, and I am not one to bash them but it seemed they needed a little extra cash in their pockets to pay that rent on their double wide in Park Layne. There were some good calls but really bad ones at critical times and to me that somewhat changed the complexion of the game. I wont worry too much about this since they will be warm and toasting at home come week 11.

What I consider a turning point, late in the game was the HUGE phantom defensive holding call on the Braves which eventually lead to an Arrow TD to put the game away.

As a final note, Tecumseh, those uniforms are horrendous...get your money back and stay with the black ones which kind of fits your theme or Back in Black. Shawnee, your fan base travels like Trotwood and that ain't a compliment.

I will admit disgrace in that statement and sure to reconcile with my coming week predications. Hats off to FALCON LAND, great win. I am humbled!

How's Urbana looking now for the MR title?????
Week 10 showdown
I will admit disgrace in that statement and sure to reconcile with my coming week predications. Hats off to FALCON LAND, great win. I am humbled!

How's Urbana looking now for the MR title?????
week 10 showdown with North Union should be well worth the price of admission.
Game at Urbana, what a great high school environment.
Playoffs starting early!

I don’t know if there’s a team more primed for a run this season than Bellefontaine. I’ve been very impressed with their offense and I’m not sure we’ve seen them have their best game yet. Think they’ll finish out unblemished in the CBC. Thoughts?

Tip of the cap to Graham for pulling of the upset over NU. The Wildcats have been the deepest and most talented team in the Mad River Division since they they joined the CBC. Other than in 2019 when they joined they have been upset by a conference upstart. 2020 it was Graham, 2021 it was Indian Lake, Graham this year and quite possible Urbana as well. Coach Hajjar and his Cats continue to struggle against any opponent with a pulse(Most teams on his schedule especially his non conference are below average). The lack of discipline always seems to shine through with his group. They lead the world in penalties and you can always count on a sloppy turnover or 2. This team should be 9-1 at worst. Now they are looking squarely at 7-3 and no conference title. At some point you have to wander other than the wacky covid year will Hajjar ever be the bride instead of the bridesmaid? NU at Urbana means a lot to both schools. It better mean a lot to Hajjar. At some point people will get tired of missed opportunities.

I don’t know if there’s a team more primed for a run this season than Bellefontaine. I’ve been very impressed with their offense and I’m not sure we’ve seen them have their best game yet. Think they’ll finish out unblemished in the CBC. Thoughts?
Bellefontaine is a good team don't get me wrong but they can be there worst enemy also. If they continue to stay healthy and take it one week at a time they will have a great shot of finishing 9 and 1. I'm still on edge due to history against London and will be until that game is over. This is still a pretty young team with most key position players being juniors and sophomores so they can only get better over time. Best complete game they have played so far was against Shawnee hands down, Offensive and defense was clicking all game.

Bellefontaine is a good team don't get me wrong but they can be there worst enemy also. If they continue to stay healthy and take it one week at a time they will have a great shot of finishing 9 and 1. I'm still on edge due to history against London and will be until that game is over. This is still a pretty young team with most key position players being juniors and sophomores so they can only get better over time. Best complete game they have played so far was against Shawnee hands down, Offensive and defense was clicking all game.
Didn’t they give up almost 40? I’m skeptical of the defense

Didn’t they give up almost 40? I’m skeptical of the defense
Shanwee scored 2 touchdowns on our JV in the 4th quarter which of course makes the score look a little closer than it was.

What's the story with Tecumseh? Did they have some key players injured after the first few weeks of the year return? They played tough week 3 vs Bellbrook and fell apart right after for a few weeks.

Word on the Bellefontaine sideline was the Alder coaches were speaking very disrespectful of St Clair. Time to grow up and quit getting outplayed in the second half. The cheap shots late and their star RB quitting late spoke for itself.
Wow. Didn't know Alder where chumps. St. Clair is very respectful and when it's 3rd and 15+, he's money throwing or running. The only thing he needs right now is protein shakes and hours in the weight room. I can't wait to see how he develops his junior and senior years. Good luck.

Shanwee scored 2 touchdowns on our JV in the 4th quarter which of course makes the score look a little closer than it was.

What's the story with Tecumseh? Did they have some key players injured after the first few weeks of the year return? They played tough week 3 vs Bellbrook and fell apart right after for a few weeks.
Shawnee got bit by some season ending injuries.

Tip of the cap to Graham for pulling of the upset over NU. The Wildcats have been the deepest and most talented team in the Mad River Division since they they joined the CBC. Other than in 2019 when they joined they have been upset by a conference upstart. 2020 it was Graham, 2021 it was Indian Lake, Graham this year and quite possible Urbana as well. Coach Hajjar and his Cats continue to struggle against any opponent with a pulse(Most teams on his schedule especially his non conference are below average). The lack of discipline always seems to shine through with his group. They lead the world in penalties and you can always count on a sloppy turnover or 2. This team should be 9-1 at worst. Now they are looking squarely at 7-3 and no conference title. At some point you have to wander other than the wacky covid year will Hajjar ever be the bride instead of the bridesmaid? NU at Urbana means a lot to both schools. It better mean a lot to Hajjar. At some point people will get tired of missed opportunities.
Graham had what 4 or 5 turnovers? This was a 2 possession score late but turnovers kept them in it. NU had 3 scores off 3 turn overs.

Graham had what 4 or 5 turnovers? This was a 2 possession score late but turnovers kept them in it. NU had 3 scores off 3 turn overs.
NU was up 13-0 early then drove until penalties derailed many of their drives. Graham was then up 2 scores at the beginning of the 4th and NU came back and took the lead until Graham won it at the end. Sounds like a slop fest to me. NU has multiple skill players who have potential to be explosive including a Purdue commit who I would guess is a candidate for conference player of the year. They also are deep in the trenches. Again hats off to Graham. They are one of the few teams on NU's schedule that can come close to matching them physically. NU typically has trouble staying out of their own way and finds ways to lose against opponents like that.

Outside of the Graham game, Tecumseh has played decent all season. I can't explain what happen against the Falcons. Part of it Graham executed really good on offense that night. The Arrows are very solid on defense. Offensively they do struggle at times with play calling and poor quarterback play. If they could find just a little bit of a passing game that would really help out.

Outside of the Graham game, Tecumseh has played decent all season. I can't explain what happen against the Falcons. Part of it Graham executed really good on offense that night. The Arrows are very solid on defense. Offensively they do struggle at times with play calling and poor quarterback play. If they could find just a little bit of a passing game that would really help out.
How can Tecumseh have poor QB play when he only hands the ball off? Bellbrook and Graham he threw the ball 24 times combined in those games but the other six games he has thrown 15 times total. What is that, an average of less than five passes per game? Passing is not something I say is a staple of the Arrow's offense. Sure the three INTs at Graham would be killers but blaming bad QB play is like me saying you lost a NASCAR race at Talladega because your drive poorly on I-75, come on, dude. As far as bad play calling, really? They run a Wing-T and that is as sexy of an offense as Honey Boo Boo in a thong; passing IS NOT what this offense is based, Waggle, Boot, Screen, that 's it. Its not like their coaching staff are going to get a Nobel Prize for a new, unheard of, inventive play schemes they just drew up on a white board on Friday night...again, come on, dude. Tecumseh will live and die on the rush and its up to their defense to get the stops and allow the offense to control the clock and score. Scoring just happens less with this type of offense. Stats say the Graham QB had a good night and his arm was the difference and they seem to be putting things together. This is not a bad loss for Tecumseh, they just got outplayed.

Last edited:
What's everyone's opinion on who should win CBC offensive and defensive player of the year? For both sides
I'll have to agree with WingTFan statement...

However, I'll bite and give you my answers which are totally stats based, with a twist. This is very subjective considering one should see those players several times in different settings and really only the coaches, through film review and playing against those players have done this...they kind of have an eye for who is the stud, especially defensively and even coaches are political at the league meetings in getting their players that 1st team nod. I am basing this on the whole body of work and not divisional games...you can figure that out the divisional stats and POY in study hall.

KT Offense
QB
Bellefontaine - St. ClAir 1773 yards 19 TD and 4 INT Rating 173.6; 68 rushing yards and 1 TD
Shawnee - Griffin 1171 yards 13 TD and 2 INT Rating 187.8: 554 rushing yards and 6 TD
Edge: Griffin he does more than sling the ball, he is also the teams leading rusher and accounted for 73% offense against Bellefontaine.. However, reading a post on here, he may be out (I will disqualify a player on missed games...maybe) and if so than Air St. Clair gets the nod in addition to his performance against Shawnee.
RB
Tecumseh- Lucas Berner 1168 yards (146 ypg), 11TD
Ill stop there since #2 and #3 stats leaders have only played 6 games, Jewell and Fogan respectively...I disqualify them for missing games (SORRY but really not sorry since this is a MVP competition). Without having Alder stats versus Bellefontaine, Jewel's stats may be skewed a bit and not getting credit that he deserves...my recommendation to the Alder folks, upload your stats, the internet does connect into Plain City.
KT Receivers
Bellefontaine - Wilson 6 grabs per game and 87 ypg, 6 TD
Shawnee - Boehmer 3 grabs per game at 53 ypg 5 TD

Selection: Receivers never get the nod unless they have those ugodly numbers and are the true game breakers, which I don't see on this list. That leaves it to the QB and RB. St. Clair is the highly recruited Soph QB but he has a lot of weapons around him that other teams may not and head to head with Tecumseh he was "average", which meant he needed a running game behind him, Fogan, to do what he does best (see Shawnee and Alder stat line). Now the RB, hands down Lucas Berner, Tecumseh is a running team only and when you know they only run and he puts those stats up, that is impressive. Granted Fogan and Jewel are quality backs but Tecumseh is a one dimensional offense.

KT OPOY is Lucas Berner - Tecumseh.

KT Defense: Again stat based and this came down between Caudill of Bellefontaine (80 Tackles, 2 INT, 5 sacks and 14 TFL) and Miller of Alder (68 Tackles 3 Fumble Recoveries, 2 TD, 1 Sack and 6 TFL). Since Alder doesn't update stats in a swift manner that puts Miller behind the power curve; however, I have to believe Miller kept on his statistical track with 10 Tackles per game.

KT DPOY is Caleb Miller- Jonathan Alder

(oh, no, I went against my base rule of player disqualification...sue me. Better yet, I'll settle out of court and buy you a pork chop at KR's week 11 home game this year...I'll be the fat guy standing in line at the concession stand, good luck with picking me out of that crowd).

MR Offense

QB
Urbana - Donahoe 1690 yards 18 TD and 4 INT Rating 160.9, 124 rushing yards and 3 TD
Graham - Hollingsworth 1520 yards 17 TD and 8 INT Rating 150.4, 486 rushing yards and 4 TD
This is a close one but based on head to head, I will have to give Donahoe the nod by a wide margin. I would have considered Allen from Ben Logan but the 10 INTs, ain't going to cut it.

RB
North Union - Davis 894 yards (112 ypg), 16 TD
Urbana - Hill 591 yards and 7 TD but no stats for the London game; therefore, not considered.
Graham - Hollingsworth 486 yards (61 ypg), 7 TD

I wont go any further with receiver stats as I think there is a clear winner.

MR OPOY is Will Donahoe- Urbana

KT Defense: Statistically there are two that stand out:
Indian Lake - Morrison 96 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 2 INT, 1 TD
Urbana - Rogan...really, another Rogan in Urbana? Will this family ever move and spread the talent? I digress, 117 Tackles, WOW, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovery, 3 Sacks and 9 TFL
Based on stats alone and the 15 Tackles per Game, which is a lot for a DB...the coaching staff may want to shore up the line and LB corps moving into the playoffs, better yet, against NU in week 10.

MR DPOY is Rayvon Rogan - Urbana.

I hope people don't get butt hurt from this, its just a simple statistical, with a twist, take on the question. Two games to go and I'm working on my not so accurate week nine predications.

Hugs and Kisses

Last edited: