Central Buckeye Conference 2022

St. Mary’s over London 42-31
St. Marys was able to run for 300 yards.........London scores 6 after an injury on a throw with no time remaining to cut the lead to 11.

Chiefs were about as expected. Fogan is simply dominant. Over 700 yards in last 3 games (2 playoff games and week 1). Rest of team looked good. Week 2 gonna be a dandy at The Dodd.

Been there done that. :ROFLMAO: I'd love to see the CBC go 2-0 against the MAC, but we'll see.
so I'm a Minster fan, Cats are very talented , but very young...... First time the Cats have played Graham , how about a scouting report on Graham?

also for Graham fans, two places you might want to stop at for a little pregame food and beverages... Willies bar and Grill , which is next to the Kof C hall. Or also the Community Lanes Bowling alley, they just opened up a Patio, which is pretty cool....

Does Ben Logan just not want to win?
They have had the dudes the past few years, been able to score on anyone they have played.
Defense has continued to be mediocre year after year.
Looks like the defensive coordinator doesn’t have a clue, crap hits the fan, just blitz everyone.
Tonight’s game shouldn’t even been close.
WL had penalties at the wrong time and an errant pick 6.

Shawnee beat Graham 45 19.
Did that surprise you? Is Graham down or is Shawnee fairly good? I thought Graham would be a good test and show better than the score indicates. What's the status on the Shawnee RB that was hurt last week? Curious to see what Indian Lake brings next week. I saw they where they were shut out by Riverside and wonder how they will stack up with the Braves.

Did that surprise you? Is Graham down or is Shawnee fairly good? I thought Graham would be a good test and show better than the score indicates. What's the status on the Shawnee RB that was hurt last week? Curious to see what Indian Lake brings next week. I saw they where they were shut out by Riverside and wonder how they will stack up with the Braves.
Shawnee was better than Graham. They did shoot themselves in the foot repetitively with penalties. As mentioned above me, Graham had 5 turnovers and 3 failed onside kicks. Their players ran hard and generally didn't go down on first contact but Shawnee was just too much for them.

If IL was shutout by Riverside I would think Shawnee will win again next week.

Did Graham have issues with CRAMPS during the game this week?

Shawnee was better than Graham. They did shoot themselves in the foot repetitively with penalties. As mentioned above me, Graham had 5 turnovers and 3 failed onside kicks. Their players ran hard and generally didn't go down on first contact but Shawnee was just too much for them.

If IL was shutout by Riverside I would think Shawnee will win again next week.
Thavoice used to frequent these threads. He’s got a front row seat to Indian Lake. Maybe he will give some insight……:

Shawnee beats IL 49 0. IL finished the game with less than 100 total yards
My first in person game this year and I got there late, as Shawnee RB was making an 80+ yard TD rush. My take away from that game. First, IL is bad and that my be kind, Second, Shawnee is really fast and aggressive. Yes, I know how to tell the difference between mud and dirt but Shawnee as a whole was on another level; even Shawnee's JV in the second half was over the top better than IL varsity. However, I will reserve judgement on them until they start divisional play but from last nights beat down, they may have a word or two to say for who wins the Kenton Trail title.

I was shocked that Graham beat Tecumseh. What happened there?

I think the standard in the Mad River is North Union and right now Bellefontaine is the favorite in the Kenton Trail.

Hard to believe next week is half the of the regular season....WOW, JUST WOW!!!

My first in person game this year and I got there late, as Shawnee RB was making an 80+ yard TD rush. My take away from that game. First, IL is bad and that my be kind, Second, Shawnee is really fast and aggressive. Yes, I know how to tell the difference between mud and dirt but Shawnee as a whole was on another level; even Shawnee's JV in the second half was over the top better than IL varsity. However, I will reserve judgement on them until they start divisional play but from last nights beat down, they may have a word or two to say for who wins the Kenton Trail title.

I was shocked that Graham beat Tecumseh. What happened there?

I think the standard in the Mad River is North Union and right now Bellefontaine is the favorite in the Kenton Trail.

Hard to believe next week is half the of the regular season....WOW, JUST WOW!!!
No surprise coaching cost Tecumseh another game. They looked unprepared against Graham. Defense looked lost, starting on the opening drive. Offense was predictable. Give the Graham coaching staff credit, they were playing chess while Tecumseh's was playing checkers. Tecumseh really should be 4 - 0 right now. The Bellbrook game was very winnable.

No surprise coaching cost Tecumseh another game. They looked unprepared against Graham. Defense looked lost, starting on the opening drive. Offense was predictable. Give the Graham coaching staff credit, they were playing chess while Tecumseh's was playing checkers. Tecumseh really should be 4 - 0 right now. The Bellbrook game was very winnable.
With your statement, the coaches are entirely responsible for the loss? What stake do the players have in the team, do they only win and the coaches lose? I don't get it how Tecumseh can come within a whisker of beating Bellbrook then turn around an lose to Graham. This isn't a total coaching failure...or is it? What is your guess against a 1-3 Ben Logan, this week, that has only beat a very bad Triad in week 1? Division play starts in two weeks.

Kenton Trail I would be looking hard at London being a serious contender again. I don't think they are quite as talented as the last few years and still have a painfully predictable one dimensional offense that kneecaps them in D3 in the playoffs.

2-2 record. Losses to 3-1 Chillicothe (only loss to 3-1 Westerville North by a 17-14 score) and to 3-1 St. Mary's Memorial (only loss to 3-1 Wapakoneta 29-22 in OT). I don't know if anybody in this league beats either of those teams at this juncture in the season. Pummeled a much improved Urbana squad that had a two score win against West Jefferson.

Kenton Trail is going to be really tough this year. I think 5/6 teams (excluding KR) are going to have capability to win any given night in divisional play.

Kenton Trail I would be looking hard at London being a serious contender again. I don't think they are quite as talented as the last few years and still have a painfully predictable one dimensional offense that kneecaps them in D3 in the playoffs.

2-2 record. Losses to 3-1 Chillicothe (only loss to 3-1 Westerville North by a 17-14 score) and to 3-1 St. Mary's Memorial (only loss to 3-1 Wapakoneta 29-22 in OT). I don't know if anybody in this league beats either of those teams at this juncture in the season. Pummeled a much improved Urbana squad that had a two score win against West Jefferson.

Kenton Trail is going to be really tough this year. I think 5/6 teams (excluding KR) are going to have capability to win any given night in divisional play.
You know more than I do and I am not counting out London but I guess I am buying in on the hype on Bellefontaine and honestly they probably have more talent across the board than any other KT team. Tecumseh is now a mystery with their loss to Graham and we shall see if they right the ship. I do look for them to pull an upset in the divisional play. Alder, again I am out to lunch on them but they always seem to rise to the occasion. Very curious to how they stack up with North Union this year. I predicated a NU win last year and boy was I wrong. Shawnee, from what I saw, albeit a very bad Indian Lake team, they are very fast and very aggressive and their offensive is quick strike. My rack and stack for mid year would be:
Bellefontaine
London
Shawnee
Alder/Tecumseh
KR

I am very curious about the Alder/North Union game this week. I don't have a good feel for what Alder brings to the table this year yet, but they are typically very competitive.

I don't know how bad Tecumseh's loss was this week. Graham has become a solid and competitive program over the last few years. By the box score, Tecumseh appears to have shot themselves in the foot several times with turnovers, while Graham did a much better job of taking care of the football.

You know more than I do and I am not counting out London but I guess I am buying in on the hype on Bellefontaine and honestly they probably have more talent across the board than any other KT team. Tecumseh is now a mystery with their loss to Graham and we shall see if they right the ship. I do look for them to pull an upset in the divisional play. Alder, again I am out to lunch on them but they always seem to rise to the occasion. Very curious to how they stack up with North Union this year. I predicated a NU win last year and boy was I wrong. Shawnee, from what I saw, albeit a very bad Indian Lake team, they are very fast and very aggressive and their offensive is quick strike. My rack and stack for mid year would be:
Bellefontaine
London
Shawnee
Alder/Tecumseh
KR
Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to see who Shawnee really is until they play Bellefontaine on 9/30.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to see who Shawnee really is until they play Bellefontaine on 9/30.
You may be correct. NW this week which should be a cake walk followed with KR, though that could be a battle...who knows with KR. Belle the following week, WOW. I may have to take that one in since its a SHS home game and close. Holy Cow, its almost October!!!!!

I am very curious about the Alder/North Union game this week. I don't have a good feel for what Alder brings to the table this year yet, but they are typically very competitive.

I don't know how bad Tecumseh's loss was this week. Graham has become a solid and competitive program over the last few years. By the box score, Tecumseh appears to have shot themselves in the foot several times with turnovers, while Graham did a much better job of taking care of the football.
IMO, Graham loses to Urbana and North Union...badly. That was a bad loss for Tecumseh. Mid year rack and stack the Mad River:
North Union
Urbana
Graham
Ben Logan
Indian Lake
Northwestern

i agree with just about everything that Gamma and NWwarrior09 stated here. there’s going to be some really nice matchups in this league come october! that Tecumseh loss is really mind boggling to me as they looked like they were going to be a real contender this year.

Definitely going to be some good games.
So much variety and good OOC games makes comparing teams interesting but difficult.

Bellefontaine has a good win over an underrated Licking Hts and Shawnee same over Eaton

Lots of competitive losses against good teams amongst top KT teams also. Only bad loss was Tecumseh vs Graham.

as someone who has followed this league for almost 2 decades, the leader ship in the CBC needs to get it together. take a look at the future schedules.

the crossover games make absolutely no sense. Graham won’t play Urbana. Shawnee won’t play Tecumseh.

but on the other hand, there will be games like Jonathan Alder-Northwestern, London-Graham, Ben Logan-Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge-North Union.

Tecumseh has 2 county rivals (that they border and have close ties with) in the opposite division, but will play NEITHER in 2023.

i’m very disappointed that a league could let such important games to communities not happen, in favor of non-appealing matchups.