Central Buckeye Conference 2022

some new matchups i see for 2023 and beyond:

Graham vs Brookville week 3
Urbana vs Bethel week 3
Urbana vs Belmont week 1
London vs Western Brown week 3
London vs Chillicothe week 2(series starts in 2022)
Jonathan Alder vs Fairbanks week 1(arbiter has this listed as a game but i believe it is a scrimmage)
Jonathan Alder vs Buckeye Valley week 2 or 3

London vs Western Brown will be very interesting, 2 TOTALLY different offenses. Good to see more manageable games for Urbana, hopefully they get this since they are going to struggle in conference play even more now.

Urbana might run into a buzz saw with Bethel. I heard many Wayne kids are following their coach to Bethel. The Bees are growing the hive.
Urbana seems to be trending upward. today it may seem like a garbage bowl but in a year that may be a pretty decent matchup

Urbana might run into a buzz saw with Bethel. I heard many Wayne kids are following their coach to Bethel. The Bees are growing the hive.

Where did you hear this? Bethel is not open enrollment. I don't see "many" kids heading there and from what I've heard there isn't anyone transferring yet. Maybe a player or two eventually. Wayne's 4th string RB would probably run for 1500 yards for Bethel, so I can see the appeal for a kid to move in. But I don't think it is happening this year.

Last edited:
looking back on the original CBC alignment made me miss it. what a great league!

in 2000 (last year before expansion) it consisted of:
Greenon
Tecumseh
Northwestern
Kenton Ridge
Northeastern
Shawnee
Bellefontaine
Urbana

interesting how only 2 decades ago, Northeastern was still competitive enough and large enough (but on the downswing) to play and even beat the likes of Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, and London!

and how Urbana and Graham went so long without being in a league together, i’ve always seen them as a package deal.

still remember how the landscape of high school athletics in the area changed between 2000 and 2001, we will probably not see a realignment like that again for a very long time.

A degree of compact geography that a lot of current members will never see again barring things being blown up at some point down the road.

Interesting how over 20+ years it went from basically being Clark county plus the first two "bigger" towns northbound on U.S. 68 to where the league now covers five counties, including some schools that are in just about the furthest points possible in those counties from Clark county.

2022 Updated Team Regional Assignments Including Competitive Balance
Mad River:
Urbana- D4 R16 220 Boys
Graham- D4 R16 215 Boys
Ben Logan- D4 R14 212 Boys
Indian Lake- D5 R18 186 Boys
Northwestern- D5 R20 175 Boys
North Union- D5 R18 167 Boys

Kenton Trail:
Tecumseh- D3 R12- 360 Boys
London- D3 R11 286 Boys
Bellefontaine- D3 R11 286 Boys
Jonathan Alder- D3 R11 270 Boys (Smallest D3 in Ohio)
Kenton Ridge- D4 R16 244 Boys
Shawnee- D4 R16 225 Boys

Takeaways: Terrible break for JA, I think they'd be a force at D4. Indian Lake and North Union get a bad break with Coldwater joining them at D5 R18. Why are Shawnee and Urbana switching divisions again? The biggest 6 schools are in the KT and Shawnee is much more competitive across the board.

Mad River:
Urbana- D4 R16 220 Boys
Graham- D4 R16 215 Boys

Kenton Trail:
London- D3 R11 286 Boys
Shawnee- D4 R16 225 Boys

Takeaways: Terrible break for JA, I think they'd be a force at D4. Indian Lake and North Union get a bad break with Coldwater joining them at D5 R18. Why are Shawnee and Urbana switching divisions again? The biggest 6 schools are in the KT and Shawnee is much more competitive across the board.
Shawnee is bigger without factoring in CB numbers

A degree of compact geography that a lot of current members will never see again barring things being blown up at some point down the road.

Interesting how over 20+ years it went from basically being Clark county plus the first two "bigger" towns northbound on U.S. 68 to where the league now covers five counties, including some schools that are in just about the furthest points possible in those counties from Clark county.
I graduated in the mid 80s and it was NE KR NW URBANA BELL GREENON
Bell was the longest ride.

Where did you hear this? Bethel is not open enrollment. I don't see "many" kids heading there and from what I've heard there isn't anyone transferring yet. Maybe a player or two eventually. Wayne's 4th string RB would probably run for 1500 yards for Bethel, so I can see the appeal for a kid to move in. But I don't think it is happening this year.
I did hear this. 4th string RB running for 1500? Hmmm. Class post.

Mad River:
Urbana- D4 R16 220 Boys
Graham- D4 R16 215 Boys

Kenton Trail:
London- D3 R11 286 Boys
Shawnee- D4 R16 225 Boys

Well, I'm not sure it matters as far as Divisions for Alder/London. I'd say the region they are in in Division III is probably comparable competition-wise to what they'd be in in Division IV (Massie/Alter). Probably slightly easier. Region 11 lost Western Brown, who would have been a favorite to Region 12 and Hartley and DeSales to different Divisions.

Anyone know of any games on Friday the 12th?
Pretty much same each year. London and JA to fight for title. Shawnee overachieves because of Meeks. Bellefontaine fughting for state championship because of talent. KR and Tec ducking it out.

Bellefontaine scrimmaged Van Wert, Allen East and LCC

Looked pretty good to me. Definitely better than AE and LCC. Pretty even with Van Wert.

28 0 Shawnee after 2 quarter. Rest of game will be JV
34-0. Braves looked good. Running back is an absolute tank. QB really liked to tuck it and run it, and he’s pretty fast. passing game was usually pretty open. they had a couple great run plays around the edges.

Shawnees lone weakness was running between the tackles, the Shawnee O-line was not opening holes for the RB very often.

i wasn’t able to attend, but this is the recap i got.