Central Buckeye Conference 2022

With the planned development in the Clark-Shawnee district, I could see them grow up to DIII in the future.
it wasn’t that long ago that they were D3. which makes me wonder why the population has dropped so much? maybe they just have the same problem as Enon- population is just getting older

Graham and Urbana are d4 in football and Shawnee is d5, which shocks me. I thought Shawnee was much bigger than that just a few years ago.
Many schools in Clark and surrounding counties lose students to Global Impact Stem Academy(GISA) in Springfield. GISA students don’t count in district enrollment numbers, but are able to participate in extracurriculars in their home district as GISA does not offer sports. Due to their close proximity to GISA, Shawnee is impacted more than other districts. Some of the better athletes in the area currently attend or have attended GISA.

The only talk is on Yappi. The people that make the decisions are happy

There is almost zero chance that NW and Bellefontaine swap divisions.
This didnt age well ... lol. Just playing ... but it wasn't only being talked about on Yappi

it wasn’t that long ago that they were D3. which makes me wonder why the population has dropped so much? maybe they just have the same problem as Enon- population is just getting older
I think it is this, although I think Shawnee also has the largest GISA impact on enrollment. With the new developments going up I could see them quickly shooting back up to D3 if they start to get some better turnover on existing housing stock.

As noted, there have been a lot of good local athletes that have attended GISA recently, especially basketball players.

I think it is this, although I think Shawnee also has the largest GISA impact on enrollment. With the new developments going up I could see them quickly shooting back up to D3 if they start to get some better turnover on existing housing stock.

As noted, there have been a lot of good local athletes that have attended GISA recently, especially basketball players.
They could sniff D2 if all the plans to build are passed.

any idea how the division swap will affect crossovers? i’m sure Urbana-Graham will be yearly and Shawnee/Northwestern-Tecumseh/KR will be yearly.

GISA can't be the only thing hurting Shawnee's enrollment. Their elementary numbers are low, too. Urbana has a big freshmen class that is inflating its overall numbers. Four years from now, Shawnee, Ben Logan and Urbana could all be very close to the same size.

These should probably be permanent crossovers starting in 2023. London vs Graham is really the only matchup that makes little sense.

Shawnee- Kenton Ridge, Tecumseh
Northwestern- Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge
Graham- London, Urbana
Indian Lake- Urbana, Bellefontaine
Ben Logan- Bellefontaine, Jonathan Alder
North Union- Jonathan Alder, London

Bellefontaine- Ben Logan, Indian Lake
Urbana- Indian Lake, Graham
Jonathan Alder- North Union, Ben Logan
London- Graham, North Union
Tecumseh- Northwestern, Shawnee
Kenton Ridge- Shawnee, Northwestern

Many of the schools in the CBC/OHC footprint are located in aging communities. Older people are staying in their homes longer, in turn limiting the opportunity to buy for all ages. My parents have a great home for a young couple, but want to stay as long as their health allows. On a positive note, new housing developments are in the works for the Shawnee and Urbana communities. It probably goes without saying, but London and JA have seen new development. I can’t imagine many of those homeowners will be in a hurry to downsize once their kids move out. Add these factors to low birth rates, couples deciding against having kids altogether, other educational options and you will have districts with way lower enrollment than decades prior.

This didnt age well ... lol. Just playing ... but it wasn't only being talked about on Yappi
I was answering the question of whether anyone was leaving and a Bellefontaine/NW swap. No one’s leaving and the swap didn’t involve them
The Urbana/Shawnee swap is a result of the bylaws. Not a lot else too it.

For you old timers...do you remember when Shawnee was DII finished 8-2, early 2000s, and missed the playoffs? They lost to a stout Graham team, that had a couple of wrestlers that dominated the O and D line and Urbana or Bellefontaine . Hard to believe Shawnee is dropping to the MR, loved them in the KT, they played with a chip of a small school and I loved it, never counted them out of a game. I hope the mentality carries over to the MR. The MR just got a lot more competitive with them in and that division is probably more competitive than the two horse race in the KT. Shawnee is a points hog and the KT teams that don't play them will miss out and probably fall in their respective regions because of it. Cant wait for a NU and Shawnee game, both very good programs and it should be a show...don't think they have played each other prior to the realignment.

KR and Tecumseh have to be the crossovers but I would hope Bellefontaine could be a week 1 or 2 game. A lot of good games between those two schools in the past.

I was answering the question of whether anyone was leaving and a Bellefontaine/NW swap. No one’s leaving and the swap didn’t involve them
The Urbana/Shawnee swap is a result of the bylaws. Not a lot else too it.
So why did they swap? This will hurt Shawnee, the weaker division.

For you old timers...do you remember when Shawnee was DII finished 8-2, early 2000s, and missed the playoffs? They lost to a stout Graham team, that had a couple of wrestlers that dominated the O and D line and Urbana or Bellefontaine . Hard to believe Shawnee is dropping to the MR, loved them in the KT, they played with a chip of a small school and I loved it, never counted them out of a game. I hope the mentality carries over to the MR. The MR just got a lot more competitive with them in and that division is probably more competitive than the two horse race in the KT. Shawnee is a points hog and the KT teams that don't play them will miss out and probably fall in their respective regions because of it. Cant wait for a NU and Shawnee game, both very good programs and it should be a show...don't think they have played each other prior to the realignment.

KR and Tecumseh have to be the crossovers but I would hope Bellefontaine could be a week 1 or 2 game. A lot of good games between those two schools in the past.
I think this will hurt them. It's a weak division and it does not prepare them for the playoffs. Hate it.

So why did they swap? This will hurt Shawnee, the weaker division.
I don't think this will hurt Shawnee, there are quality teams in the MR, for now. There are points for them to gain and a greater possibility for them to grab a divisional title. In the long run, I do think it will hurt the KT for JA, London and Belle that could potentially have the points from a 6-4 or 7-3 Shawnee team.

I have be wrong so many times before but I just cant see Meeks backing away from a (higher division) OOC schedule. Its odd to me but I never considered Shawnee's division until week 7 and their rankings within the region. They compete outside of their division and baring injuries last year would have made a good showing against Versailles. Yes, I saw both in regular and post season.

They may bump up to DIV, more than likely, but will be competitive and that is the culture of a coaching staff that has been together for a very long time. IMO, Shawnee is the standard of success in the CBC, though they may not win divisional titles every year, they are a tough out come week 11. From DII down to DV, they win. Don't count them out.

The swap helps in many other sports other than football. League titles are a great accomplishment and MR ones are generally easier to win
In football Shawnee will play tough OOC/Crossover games with potential for OOC games from KT division.

The swap helps in many other sports other than football. League titles are a great accomplishment and MR ones are generally easier to win
In football Shawnee will play tough OOC/Crossover games with potential for OOC games from KT division.
Who cares about league titles. Give me a region and state. Shawnee is going to get bigger soon and they need to play in the bigger division so they can get battle tested for the playoffs.

i doubt this was a decision made by Shawnee. believe it is in the CBC bylaws that the KT is the 6 largest schools. Shawnee/Urbana may have swapped earlier, if the OHSAA never “froze” enrollment

i doubt this was a decision made by Shawnee. believe it is in the CBC bylaws that the KT is the 6 largest schools. Shawnee/Urbana may have swapped earlier, if the OHSAA never “froze” enrollment
I know. But I'm old school. I want at least Urbana, Bell, Tec & KR every year. LOL! At least we'll play NU now. I do like that they are in a different region than Shawnee. We'll see how long Shawnee is in the smaller division. I hope not long.

I know. But I'm old school. I want at least Urbana, Bell, Tec & KR every year. LOL! At least we'll play NU now. I do like that they are in a different region than Shawnee. We'll see how long Shawnee is in the smaller division. I hope not long.
i understand Bell, Tecumseh, and KR are longtime rivals of Shawnee but i’m curious why you want Urbana every year? i didn’t know there was much history between the two. i figured Northwestern would mean more as an opponent to Shawnee. Shawnee and North Union is a great game! also excited to see the Braves play Ben Logan- not sure i ever remember those 2 matching up, at least not recently

i understand Bell, Tecumseh, and KR are longtime rivals of Shawnee but i’m curious why you want Urbana every year? i didn’t know there was much history between the two. i figured Northwestern would mean more as an opponent to Shawnee. Shawnee and North Union is a great game! also excited to see the Braves play Ben Logan- not sure i ever remember those 2 matching up, at least not recently
Had to play them every year, they were part of the CBC back in the day. ROTFLMAO!

I believe the last time Shawnee and BL played in football was 06/07 timeframe

These should probably be permanent crossovers starting in 2023. London vs Graham is really the only matchup that makes little sense.

Shawnee- Kenton Ridge, Tecumseh
Northwestern- Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge
Graham- London, Urbana
Indian Lake- Urbana, Bellefontaine
Ben Logan- Bellefontaine, Jonathan Alder
North Union- Jonathan Alder, London

Bellefontaine- Ben Logan, Indian Lake
Urbana- Indian Lake, Graham
Jonathan Alder- North Union, Ben Logan
London- Graham, North Union
Tecumseh- Northwestern, Shawnee
Kenton Ridge- Shawnee, Northwestern
Don't you think that Urbana should get Graham and Northwestern? I mean, they are now the smallest school on the biggest side. They struggled in the small school side. Throw them a bone and give them at least Northwestern, who has struggled last 2 years or so.

Don't you think that Urbana should get Graham and Northwestern? I mean, they are now the smallest school on the biggest side. They struggled in the small school side. Throw them a bone and give them at least Northwestern, who has struggled last 2 years or so.
Cry me a river. Urbana deserves the payback from when they beat the crap out of everyone (early 80's). ROTFLMAO!

no. mainly because Northwestern has KR/Tecumseh which are both much more meaningful games than Urbana to Northwestern. besides, it’s not like Graham and Indian Lake are perennial powerhouses. if Urbana keeps on the upward trend then they will be just fine in those games. until then, Northwestern and Urbana could schedule a non conference game and it would be beneficial to both schools.