Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

Who wins?

• Total voters
Here are some interesting stats prior to the Regional Semifinal for the Elks.

Member Flevans had this to say in another thread, "Centerville as a team shot 43.8% from 3. And took 504 3-point attempts. They make on average 10 3-pointers each game. Just staggering."

Elks78 said this, "It sure doesn’t hurt that the top 4 scorers shot 80% or better from the ft line and shoot 40% from 3."

Along with sound coaching is a recipe for success.

Also remember, Columbus didn’t want it in the first place. Their loss is Dayton’s gain. The region is raking the $ in this week. Girls finals, First Four and the Boys finals!
"Columbus" wanted it... Ohio State Univ didn't... OSU has the only decent facility in central ohio, but they've used Covid as their excuse not to host OHSAA bball. The Columbus Region played its semis and final at Ohio Dominican Univ. in an 1,800 seat arena. There were parents who could not get tickets to see their sons play. Pathetic situation. People in central Ohio used to complain about playing at the Fairgrounds Coliseum. Granted, it was a total dump, but it held 6,000 fans and had great parking and access. I would take that any day over ODU's gym.

"Columbus" wanted it... Ohio State Univ didn't... OSU has the only decent facility in central ohio, but they've used Covid as their excuse not to host OHSAA bball. The Columbus Region played its semis and final at Ohio Dominican Univ. in an 1,800 seat arena. There were parents who could not get tickets to see their sons play. Pathetic situation. People in central Ohio used to complain about playing at the Fairgrounds Coliseum. Granted, it was a total dump, but it held 6,000 fans and had great parking and access. I would take that any day over ODU's gym.
They still have any games over at fairgrounds? I remember going to a city league game yeeears ago.

Also remember, Columbus didn’t want it in the first place. Their loss is Dayton’s gain. The region is raking the $ in this week. Girls finals, First Four and the Boys finals!
They still have any games over at fairgrounds? I remember going to a city league game yeeears ago.
Nope. I think they priced themselves out of the high school marketplace. It has been a long, long time since there was basketball in the "barn". They played in the Columbus Convention Center a few years ago. That was ok, but it was all portable seating configured into a basketball arena.

Looking at that schedule, the game that to me sticks out is the win over SVSM in an away game.
I'd put an asterisks on this close win. St V is led by 2 main players and one was injured & didn't play the 2nd half. I've followed most of the Final 8 teams in division 1 & 2 this year and would rank St V at the top regardless of division and Centerville in the top 3. I believe St V won that game last year as well.

I'd put an asterisks on this close win. St V is led by 2 main players and one was injured & didn't play the 2nd half. I've followed most of the Final 8 teams in division 1 & 2 this year and would rank St V at the top regardless of division and Centerville in the top 3. I believe St V won that game last year as well.

You've posted this like 5 different times. I'm sure that SVSM isn't putting an asterisk on the L. If they're fine with it, I think it's ok for you to let it go.

I don’t think either school will bring many to Dayton.

“Either” as in Iggy & Centerville? Or Iggy & Eds? Centerville is a suburb of Dayton.

As for Iggy, it’s up to their fans to decide if this is a “once in a lifetime” deal. It’s not their 1st time to the final 4, but they haven’t won it all in 21 years. Plus, it’s “Centerville.”

'Cats are a year away in my opinion. Hopefully it's a close game.

Is Jeremy Adkins playing for Centerville? :)

'Cats are a year away in my opinion. Hopefully it's a close game.

Is Jeremy Adkins playing for Centerville? :)
Nah, but he's still hot about losing the '91 football championship to you guys. Looking for a little payback this Saturday. Us Southern Ohio boys are like Israel...We have a very long memory...:)

You've posted this like 5 different times. I'm sure that SVSM isn't putting an asterisk on the L. If they're fine with it, I think it's ok for you to let it go.
This is the 3rd time in 3 months he mentioned it. Relax. It is his opinion and relevant.

The game was played on January 22 so it hasn't even been 2 months yet. 3 times in 7 weeks is a bit excessive imho.
You could say that. I mean once immediately after the game and a recent reminder about the factor Pryor got hurt in the matchup a few months doesn't seem crazy to me. If you want to say a 3rd mention in another conversation excessive than fine.

As a general HS basketball fans who lurks the boards I didn't notice. Maybe a Centerville fan would.

Looking at that schedule, the game that to me sticks out is the win over SVSM in an away game.
know that SVSM lost their #2 scorer for the final half when he took an elbow to the head in the second quarter. I’m not discounting Centerville won the ballgame that day but the loss of Pryor was major for SVSM.