Centerville vs Fairmont

ELKSONE

#EPND
1st Q
Fairmont 15
Centerville 8

Elks have been cold on their 3's attempts and other jumpers.
Fairmont is basically holding the ball and passing around for as long as possible.
Fairmont hits a 3 just before the end of the first Q.
Refs seem to be calling a lot fouls on both teams.

Wish the refs would let these kids play. Neither team is in a rhythm with fouls every 20 seconds.

1646877700806780828164351397602.jpg

Officials blew the ending. How do they not grant Fairmont a timeout? There were 2 seconds left. What a clown show of officiating in that game. The bald ref was the worst ref I’ve ever seen.

Wish the refs would let these kids play. Neither team is in a rhythm with fouls every 20 seconds.
I must have watched a different game. I thought it was well officiated. There wasn't a ton of fouls called in that game. Did anyone get in the bonus the first half? And I think the 2nd half ended 9 to 5 in fouls.

I think Centerville will roll against Fairfield if they can make any shots. Fairfield is more talented than Fairmont, but they don’t execute anywhere near the level Fairmont does.

I must have watched a different game. I thought it was well officiated. There wasn't a ton of fouls called in that game. Did anyone get in the bonus the first half? And I think the 2nd half ended 9 to 5 in fouls.
Literally one ref made every call. That was the problem. A few hand checks were called, but then it was largely let go. A couple of the traveling calls I didn’t think were traveling. Same guy making every call.

Officials blew the ending. How do they not grant Fairmont a timeout? There were 2 seconds left. What a clown show of officiating in that game. The bald ref was the worst ref I’ve ever seen.
They didn't have any timeouts.

In my opinion two things led to Centerville winning. Number 1 for Fairmont going out for a spell was key. He had kept Cupps pretty much quiet all night. His replacement was not ready for that spotlight. When Cupps made that huge 3 point play near the end, he did it with #1's replacement guarding him. You could tell he was licking his chops when he saw who had just got switched out on him. Then he proceeded to waltz right by him as if the kid was standing still.

The 2nd issue that led to Fairmont's demise was timeout management. They were burning timeouts in the first half like they were going out of style. Then proceeded to make so so timeouts in the 2nd half as well. The worst being their final one. I have no idea why he burned that last one. I honestly thought Centerville had called it. I know Coach Cupps had to have been like "uhhhhh ok, thanks."

Outside of that, Fairmont played a stellar game, damn near perfect. Which is what they needed to beat Centerville. Unfortunately, when you get to this level one mistake can be enough.

Literally one ref made every call. That was the problem. A few hand checks were called, but then it was largely let go. A couple of the traveling calls I didn’t think were traveling. Same guy making every call.
That didn't happen my man lol

And I've watched all 3 of those guys call games over the years. They are some of the best in the area.

Great game plan and execution by Fairmont. But it came down to Centerville having high D1 players making plays when needed.

I'll call it now - Centerville wins the next 3 by 15+.

That didn't happen my man lol

And I've watched all 3 of those guys call games over the years. They are some of the best in the area.
I seriously have no idea what these guys are watching???? They have zero understanding of Officiating. It was a great game and officiated well. I love how JBaller cant understand how a TO wasnt granted at the end when they had zero timeouts left. Every thread he complains about officiating and people come in here to tell him why he is wrong and yet he still keeps doing it.