CCL Middle School 7on7

How exactly is this being done? Is it a bracket of CYO teams playing out and across each other, or do the "five" CCL schools have the teams pre-drafted with the collection of kids from the CYO teams of the parishes assigned to said school?

The Catholic Middle schools aren't members of OSHAA so they can do as they please.
The ones in Franklin and Delaware Counties are not -- but I wasn't asking on the question of OHSAA clearance (OHSAA says this is permissible per 'Exception Two' of 4-9-2 since the students are all in the same system.)

Was more-so curious on how the actual thing works when it comes to play.

The ones in Franklin and Delaware Counties are not -- but I wasn't asking on the question of OHSAA clearance (OHSAA says this is permissible per 'Exception Two' of 4-9-2 since the students are all in the same system.)

Was more-so curious on how the actual thing works when it comes to play.
My comment wasn't in response to your reply. I apologize if it came off that way. But this is 1 of the advantages Catholic Middle School kids have.

Here's the kicker a coach could take all these catholic school kids & place them on a team that travels or plays teams from different areas ie the Tower Titans based out of Lasalle. 2/3 yrs they played all over, went to Tennessee, Michigan and Indiana.

Here's the kicker a coach could take all these catholic school kids & place them on a team that travels or plays teams from different areas ie the Tower Titans based out of Lasalle. 2/3 yrs they played all over, went to Tennessee, Michigan and Indiana.
Travel football opportunities are generally sparse up here in the Columbus area (although there was a team in the Canal Winchester/Pickerington area, the Southeast Crush.) Not sure how big the Catholic grade schools are these days in Cincinnati, but in Columbus a travel-football concept (spring?) might be tough to do with there only being 15-20 boys in a given class at a school and many of the kids playing baseball/hockey/basketball outside of the fall.

Travel football opportunities are generally sparse up here in the Columbus area (although there was a team in the Canal Winchester/Pickerington area, the Southeast Crush.) Not sure how big the Catholic grade schools are these days in Cincinnati, but in Columbus a travel-football concept (spring?) might be tough to do with there only being 15-20 boys in a given class at a school and many of the kids playing baseball/hockey/basketball outside of the fall.
No spring.

I was saying if a coach wanted to take some kids from a parochial school and go play football anytime they please they could, they don't have rules to abide by. A kid "affiliated" with a parish that's associated with a school can play as well. So essentially they can form an an all star & feed into a particular school. It's not fair. The kids from Tower Titans that traveled & played vs stiffer competition than middle school all are excelling, 1 even won player of the year this past yr in D3.

There have been over the years several Public junior High Teams in the Central Ohio area that formed and traveled.

The West Side Raiders were always tough and the Columbus Buckeyes actually played for a Jr High National Championship out of State Years ago.

So don't go jam on the CCL Schools.

The Linden Lions for years provided Football for kids up through 8th Grade and fed Schools like Brookhaven, Northland, Linden, Beechcroft, Mifflin .
They even had All Star games under the Lights at Brookhaven and a Pre Season Gala to start the Season.

So instead of whining and complaining about things that have been done for Years find out what you can do for your HS Feeder Schools FB Leagues ....

or just keep crying unfair advantage!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been over the years several Public junior High Teams in the Central Ohio area that formed and traveled.

The West Side Raiders were always tough and the Columbus Buckeyes actually played for a Jr High National Championship out of State Years ago.

The Linden Lions for years provided Football for kids up through 8th Grade and fed Schools like Brookhaven, Northland, Linden, Beechcroft, Mifflin .
They even had All Star games under the Lights at Brookhaven and a Pre Season Gala to start the Season.

So instead of whining and complaining about things that have been done for Years find out what you can do for your HS Feeder Schools FB Leagues ....

Funny you bring the Linden Lions up.I played one year in that league before I could play at St.James

If they played for a school that is affiliated with OHSAA then played outside of their league, those kids should've faced sanctions. Any middle school that is a member of OHSAA is not permitted to participate in any full contact football games or camps outside of their member school. So if LETS SAY COLUMBUS MIDDLE SCHOOL is a member of ohsaa & ST. JAMES isn't, who has the advantage. St. James can field a team tht travels and play how many games they choose without repercussion from the ohsaa. Football is a game you need reps so it's obvious that the St. James kids will receive more repetitions because they don't have rules to follow. Which kid will be better prepared come 9th grade year 9/10 the St. James kid. By the way my son played on a travel team & he came in far superior than the kids who just played middle school football.

For what’s it worth: you have to attend the Catholic grade school in order to play in the Diocese of Columbus’s CYO and thus in this league. Or, unless it’s changed recently, have to attend the PSR (Parish S of Religion) via the parish who sponsors the team. There is specifically a rule, too, that the students ‘eligible’ to play in the DoC’s CYO via PSR enrollment (probably 0.5% of all players, at best, do this) have to be on the roster sheets with the parish — if those students miss PSR sessions then they do not play.

If they played for a school that is affiliated with OHSAA then played outside of their league, those kids should've faced sanctions.
There isn’t a very plausible situation where a kid is “double-dipping” in football, and thus jeopardizing their OHSAA eligibility as junior high students, here. If you attend, for example, Baldwin Road JH (Reynoldsburg) your option is either play football for them or enroll into the PSR program at the nearby parish (SPX) and get permission from the priest to sign up for the parish’s school CYO team. They play in the exact same season (fall.) Again, virtually no chance a kid would be “doubling-up” by playing fall & spring football by ‘gaming’ the system.

Any middle school that is a member of OHSAA is not permitted to participate in any full contact football games or camps outside of their member school. So if LETS SAY COLUMBUS MIDDLE SCHOOL is a member of ohsaa & ST. JAMES isn't, who has the advantage. St. James can field a team tht travels and play how many games they choose without repercussion from the ohsaa. Football is a game you need reps so it's obvious that the St. James kids will receive more repetitions because they don't have rules to follow. Which kid will be better prepared come 9th grade year 9/10 the St. James kid. By the way my son played on a travel team & he came in far superior than the kids who just played middle school football.
A couple things to break down on this, because there are some faults in this argument.

1) Whatever parish grade school in Columbus these days that has enough kids to even make a team (when there may be 15-20 male students at most, in the entire grade... which is the case for roughly 80% of the Diocesan grade schools) isn’t in any way “advantaged”, with or without the comparison to a Columbus public peer, on the basis of what you’re arguing. There may be economic advantages, yeah, but it’s not advantages in the form of how often a kid could conceivably play before the age of 15.

2) The Columbus publics are just basically putrid and in awful shape, anyways, with junior high football. Almost half (5 schools) of Columbus City League football, at the high school level, is facing elimination in these next five years. That includes schools recently competing as D2. Neighborhood programs at the youth level have vanished, the MS/JH programs are basically neutered if not gone by now. Chalk that up to 15+ years of accelerating poverty, bad geography, demographic shifts to Hispanic & Somalian populations that don’t have football tradition, and the fact you have to pull from a student population that is largely unreliable for many of the same reasons I just described.

3) the comparison between Columbus public and Columbus Catholic is futile, because they don’t play these days in any level of football up-through HS.

For what’s it worth: you have to attend the Catholic grade school in order to play in the Diocese of Columbus’s CYO and thus in this league. Or, unless it’s changed recently, have to attend the PSR (Parish S of Religion) via the parish who sponsors the team. There is specifically a rule, too, that the students ‘eligible’ to play in the DoC’s CYO via PSR enrollment (probably 0.5% of all players, at best, do this) have to be on the roster sheets with the parish — if those students miss PSR sessions then they do not play.

There isn’t a very plausible situation where a kid is “double-dipping” in football, and thus jeopardizing their OHSAA eligibility as junior high students, here. If you attend, for example, Baldwin Road JH (Reynoldsburg) your option is either play football for them or enroll into the PSR program at the nearby parish (SPX) and get permission from the priest to sign up for the parish’s school CYO team. They play in the exact same season (fall.) Again, virtually no chance a kid would be “doubling-up” by playing fall & spring football by ‘gaming’ the system.

A couple things to break down on this, because there are some faults in this argument.

1) Whatever parish grade school in Columbus these days that has enough kids to even make a team (when there may be 15-20 male students at most, in the entire grade... which is the case for roughly 80% of the Diocesan grade schools) isn’t in any way “advantaged”, with or without the comparison to a Columbus public peer, on the basis of what you’re arguing. There may be economic advantages, yeah, but it’s not advantages in the form of how often a kid could conceivably play before the age of 15.

2) The Columbus publics are just basically putrid and in awful shape, anyways, with junior high football. Almost half (5 schools) of Columbus City League football, at the high school level, is facing elimination in these next five years. That includes schools recently competing as D2. Neighborhood programs at the youth level have vanished, the MS/JH programs are basically neutered if not gone by now. Chalk that up to 15+ years of accelerating poverty, bad geography, demographic shifts to Hispanic & Somalian populations that don’t have football tradition, and the fact you have to pull from a student population that is largely unreliable for many of the same reasons I just described.

3) the comparison between Columbus public and Columbus Catholic is futile, because they don’t play these days in any level of football up-through HS.
I'm speaking from experience here in Cincinnati. My son played for the Tower Titans 2 years in row. We got kids from all over Cincinnati. We played teams from Michigan, Indiana, Tennessee, Pittsburgh. We had 40 plus kids. Now if we wanted to do 7on7 in spring we could've & I say if Lasalle provided me w some route combinations & terminology who is going to be the better prepared player the following yr for Lasalle, the Tower Titan kid or a kid that went to a public middle school who's parents decide they want him to attend Lasalle. It is a Grey area that a few exploit & I was 1 of them.