CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

Buckeye Valley hasn't been very good the last couple years, but IMO their schedule is significantly tougher than the Mad River division. Johnstown will probably be a very tough opponent.

I'd be very surprised if Graham doesn't go 1-4 or 0-5 between non-league and crossovers with everybody that they graduated.
Buckeye Valley is horrendous. Graham should have a shot.

Hmmm, never heard of him. I know there were Mayfields at SHS in the past and I think there was a Mayfield that was a middle school coach but from what I saw of SHS JV team a couple of years ago, they probably have their guy for this year...cant remember his name. SHS seems to have a had a decent run with QBs the last 4 years, so whoever is coaching those kids up, I wouldn't expect anything different with the current crop.

Wish him luck at Troy, whoever he is.
For context. His dad is the middle school coach you are thinking of and also teaches at the high school. His brother played on the State runner up team in 2011 and his sister-in-law was the kicker on that team. His mom also teaches in the Shawnee district.

Josh played basketball for my dad in middle school and I like him a lot and will be rooting for him this year. With that said I personally feel this was a move done exclusively for athletics.

Also, considering how successful Drew Mitch was as a receiver in 2019 I am not convinced that Josh wouldn't have been the QB in 2020 if he was still at SHS.

For context. His dad is the middle school coach you are thinking of and also teaches at the high school. His brother played on the State runner up team in 2011 and his sister-in-law was the kicker on that team. His mom also teaches in the Shawnee district.

Josh played basketball for my dad in middle school and I like him a lot and will be rooting for him this year. With that said I personally feel this was a move done exclusively for athletics.

Also, considering how successful Drew Mitch was as a receiver in 2019 I am not convinced that Josh wouldn't have been the QB in 2020 if he was still at SHS.
You'd think he'd stay at Shawnee with the success that they've had in the past compared to Troy. But who knows.

He is out... NW has posted the vacancy due to resignation. Hope they can find someone this late in the game!
wow. i wonder why? cupboard dry up in German township? did he take another job?

will be extremely tough to hire someone this late

wow. i wonder why? cupboard dry up in German township? did he take another job?

will be extremely tough to hire someone this late
I thought I heard something about him taking an assistance job at a bigger school, but don't quote me on that. That does suck for the Warriors. He had them going in the right direction.

I thought I heard something about him taking an assistance job at a bigger school, but don't quote me on that. That does suck for the Warriors. He had them going in the right direction.
They made the playoffs a few years back...this past year they were badddddd.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decided not to come back, but that job doesn't seem to be posted anywhere.

They do have a job or two available at the moment that it's traditionally easier to lure in a new coach with.

Edit: Job just posted this morning on the OHSAA's website.

Last edited:
This isn't MACland where loyalty trumps all. They're lucky that kid stayed for three years when there's a powerhouse D1 program 15 minutes away. It shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that he left for his senior year after lack of proper personnel to sling it around resulted in him getting stuffed in at RB and carrying it 30+ times 2-3 times in 2019. With how bad the team was last year he would have been called on to carry it 25-30 times a game. Running routes and playing with a lot of D1 talent at Springfield was much better preparation for what he'll be trying to do next as compared to getting beat up carrying the load on a team with limited talent.

This isn't MACland where loyalty trumps all. They're lucky that kid stayed for three years when there's a powerhouse D1 program 15 minutes away. It shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that he left for his senior year after lack of proper personnel to sling it around resulted in him getting stuffed in at RB and carrying it 30+ times 2-3 times in 2019. With how bad the team was last year he would have been called on to carry it 25-30 times a game. Running routes and playing with a lot of D1 talent at Springfield was much better preparation for what he'll be trying to do next as compared to getting beat up carrying the load on a team with limited talent.
it was hard to blame him for transferring- just not a good situation for him at Northwestern, and i’m a big fan of loyalty more so than anything. his move max sense and it worked out for him

Bandstra ... guy has a LOT of resources. He when the pandemic began, he started an online clinic group and has gotten a lot of big names on there.

Bandstra ... guy has a LOT of resources. He when the pandemic began, he started an online clinic group and has gotten a lot of big names on there.
quite impressive. don’t know much about his resume other than he was at Fairborn.

update: online clinics on youtube were great. hope he brings some much needed energy to Northwestern. Carter was on the right track but seemed to have some lean years recently with talent.

I think this guy was going to be a coordinator at KR this year before getting this job. Seems like he hasn't stayed anywhere too long before moving on. Seems to be a very motivated worker at his craft and job hunter if nothing else, which has been a good model for them over the last 10 years.

Hopefully they get 4-5 good years out of this guy and he rebuilds some positive momentum for the next guy before moving on. Their last few hires they've done a good job of getting in the door the best applicant, and I take it this guy was the best they could get that could fill a job in the building. I'd assume he is coming as a teacher as well as he seems to be certified in business, which is one of their teaching vacancies.

Last edited:
I think this guy was going to be a coordinator at KR this year before getting this job. Seems like he hasn't stayed anywhere too long before moving on. Seems to be a very motivated worker at his craft and job hunter if nothing else, which has been a good model for them over the last 10 years.

Hopefully they get 4-5 good years out of this guy and he rebuilds some positive momentum for the next guy before moving on. Their last few hires they've done a good job of getting in the door the best applicant, and I take it this guy was the best they could get that could fill a job in the building. I'd assume he is coming as a teacher as well as he seems to be certified in business, which is one of their teaching vacancies.
they have in fact had trouble keeping good coaches. props to them for always getting the hire hire, however. i hope this works out for the Warriors.

In regards to Van Noord, his transfer to Springfield could result in a free ride at Purdue with a cost savings of 40K per year. In my opinion, he would have received a full or a substantial partial ride at a D1, D1-AA or D2 under normal circumstances. I’d have to believe he’s going heading to Purdue thinking he has a chance at a full scholarship at some point during his career. The same can be said for Cade Rice. He’s heading to one of the premier 1-AA programs (South Dakota State) under scholarship this fall. I seriously doubt Rice in this situation had he not transferred. Covid restrictions changed recruiting for over a calendar year, and Van Noord and Rice made tough decisions to leave their schools under uncertain circumstances.

they have in fact had trouble keeping good coaches. props to them for always getting the hire hire, however. i hope this works out for the Warriors.
Good luck to Bandstra. They've had been more competitive in recent years and have made a lot of investment, but it's still a tough job. Plenty of quality coaches have wilted on the vine there and found success elsewhere.

In regards to Van Noord, his transfer to Springfield could result in a free ride at Purdue with a cost savings of 40K per year. In my opinion, he would have received a full or a substantial partial ride at a D1, D1-AA or D2 under normal circumstances. I’d have to believe he’s going heading to Purdue thinking he has a chance at a full scholarship at some point during his career. The same can be said for Cade Rice. He’s heading to one of the premier 1-AA programs (South Dakota State) under scholarship this fall. I seriously doubt Rice in this situation had he not transferred. Covid restrictions changed recruiting for over a calendar year, and Van Noord and Rice made tough decisions to leave their schools under uncertain circumstances.
In a normal year, I think this kid ends up with at least a handful of MAC and higher-end FCS offers. I'd have to think he's going to Purdue believing that he's either going to find his way on scholarship down the road or switch over to playing baseball.

With the COVID situation blowing up normal spring/summer routines, I'd agree I don't think either of those kids end up with as much collegiate opportunity staying at their previous smaller schools...especially Van Noord. I'd imagine choosing Mo Douglass and playing WR at a D1 power over carrying the ball 30 times a game against lesser athletes is going to be worth a lot financially for him.

Van Noord will get his scholarship eventually. heck of a player. Rice is going to SDSU on a full ride. the transferred likely helped both, but more so Van Noord. i think Rice will star at SDSU- he should be at a MAC school.

Van Noord will get his scholarship eventually. heck of a player. Rice is going to SDSU on a full ride. the transferred likely helped both, but more so Van Noord. i think Rice will star at SDSU- he should be at a MAC school.
I agree on all points, but think Rice fell into a great situation at SDSU. Unless it was a top 4 MAC program, I think SDSU was a better place for him to land. SDSU offers top notch facilities, a packed stadium and playing for a national championship contender. There’s a big difference in fan support and excitement at SDSU, NDSU and so on than at places like Kent and BG. Lower level MAC schools start the fall with 15K+ fans and dwindle to crowds you’d see at a week 10 high school game between winless teams. I get the television exposure midweek MAC games offers programs, but the crowds are typically terrible. I speak as a MAC season ticket holder. On an aside, I was really surprised Hawks landed at Witt. He’s a D1 talent who probably got hurt by the Covid restrictions too. Must have felt like it was the perfect fit.

South Dakota State is a better spot than the majority of the MAC for the reasons listed above...if Rice has a redshirt year and goes on to perform as hoped, there's always the possibility of graduate transferring up the ladder to an FBS program.