Cardinal huskies football

He wouldn’t have access to the grades, he either had to have gotten someone to do it for him (unlikely at this point) or gotten someone else’s credentials to be able to go in and change them. I’m guessing that’s what happened honestly. That would explain why grades were still being changed after the laptop was taken and this is probably why the charges are as severe as they are. Not a good look to somehow get teacher or admin credentials and then change things when you’re barely an aide in the school as is (and probably not well liked by admin either)
I don’t know how he would be able to get someone else’s credentials. Possible though.

Gresko should have just resigned once he got caught instead of fighting it. It probably would have just blown over instead of becoming what it is now.

Gresko should have just resigned once he got caught instead of fighting it. It probably would have just blown over instead of becoming what it is now.
But if he didn’t do it why wouldn’t he fight it? I don’t think anyone would admit to doing something they didn’t do.

Are you suggesting that this whole thing is a sham just to get rid of him?
I’m not exactly sure what it is to be honest. The entire thing is just odd for this to be going on since March when people first heard about this until now. Just so many weird pieces to the puzzle I guess.

He was one of 50 applicants when he first got hired. Obviously he did something good in his interview to get hired.
That's the problem. Some folks are just great interviewers and they get the jobs. How much do you really get to know someone in an hour or two? Not much. The whole interview process is flawed and this is just one example of the weakness in the system.

That's the problem. Some folks are just great interviewers and they get the jobs. How much do you really get to know someone in an hour or two? Not much. The whole interview process is flawed and this is just one example of the weakness in the system.
Why is it flawed?

What would you have the hiring committee do? They do background checks, references, work history, interviews, second and third interviews etc.

Many people, especially after the last four years, would rather tear the town apart than admit their wrong. And, it's proven to work as long as you get enough support.

Last edited:
Does Cardinal have a coach in place for the coming season? I hope they are starting to work on a plan on how they going to stop the steamroller that is going to coming to town on August 20th

What would you have the hiring committee do? They do background checks, references, work history, interviews, second and third interviews etc.
Speaking from experience, the hiring committee does not follow up with references. They usually have one "expert" or a "football guy" to follow up on the reputation. The rest of the committe members go along with the recommendation. In addition, the process is a "dog and pony" show to mask their original choice which was determined beforehand. It is a distraction for the administration to illustrate to the community that they are doing the job to find the best candidate for the position. If the process selected the right candidate the majority of the time, why do so many schools have to fill these positions over and over again. What's the definition of insanity again?

Just throwing it out there. All of this publicity of gresko is probably making him smile. Because although it is very bad what is going on, people are still talking about him lol. And he is talking about himself on here!

Does Cardinal have a coach in place for the coming season? I hope they are starting to work on a plan on how they going to stop the steamroller that is going to coming to town on August 20th
Chris Perrotti has been running workouts since around May or so. He was scheduled to be named the head coach at the districts early June board meeting, but parents and community members protested the contract at the board meeting and it was put on hold. As far as I know, Perrotti is still running things and GG isn’t involved with the team at all. The longer this drags on, the worse it gets for the kids. Going to be a long season in middlefield.

Chris Perrotti has been running workouts since around May or so. He was scheduled to be named the head coach at the districts early June board meeting, but parents and community members protested the contract at the board meeting and it was put on hold. As far as I know, Perrotti is still running things and GG isn’t involved with the team at all. The longer this drags on, the worse it gets for the kids. Going to be a long season in middlefield.
The way it looks this could drag on for a while. So unfortunate for the kids.

As weird and mysterious as this all is...I don’t think anything is dragging on. Cardinal has moved on and so should Gresko. Maybe get on as an assistant in an inner city district and rehab his image.
I do agree with this. Perrotti has been the de facto coach for a while now and seems like the team has moved on for the most part. Sucks that parents and community members made a scene at the board meeting and brought negative publicity to the situation and now that the felony charges have been brought out, they need to just name the HC and try to move as far away from GG as they possibly can

Perrotti is back on the board agenda to be approved as head coach for the June 30th meeting this week. Keep an eye out for any drama going on

The way it looks this could drag on for a while. So unfortunate
Drenski- were you a QB at West Geauga in 2010?
No. But am related.

Perrotti is back on the board agenda to be approved as head coach for the June 30th meeting this week. Keep an eye out for any drama going on
I’d feel awful if I was CP knowing he doesn’t have everyone supporting him to be the head coach. Many people went to the last meeting in support of Gresko to reverse the schools decision and the school board even reversed the decision. So not only does the parents not support him the school board also seems not to. Terrible situation for CP

I’d feel awful if I was CP knowing he doesn’t have everyone supporting him to be the head coach. Many people went to the last meeting in support of Gresko to reverse the schools decision and the school board even reversed the decision. So not only does the parents not support him the school board also seems not to. Terrible situation for CP
Perrottis coached Drenski at West G. What does he have to say about this?

Looks like they are searching for a new principal at Cardinal HS now. Wonder if they fired Perkins or what happened.