Capitol

Harrycrane

In your opinion.
You came out on Jan 7th and said this was a nothing burger that history may eventually overlook . I am paraphrasing of course . Instead of just saying that this shouldn't have happened and that Trump was wrong in his actions for two months leading up to that and the people who listened to his lies rhetoric should be held accountable{ You have done that} .You've been Soft peddling it and drawing equivalencies that don't really work .You really want them to and I commend the effort you are making BUT??? You don't have much to work with that compares contextually.

lotr10

You came out on Jan 7th and said this was a nothing burger that history may eventually overlook . I am paraphrasing of course . Instead of just saying that this shouldn't have happened and that Trump was wrong in his actions for two months leading up to that and the people who listened to his lies rhetoric should be held accountable{ You have done that} .You've been Soft peddling it and drawing equivalencies that don't really work .You really want them to and I commend the effort you are making BUT??? You don't have much to work with that compares contextually.

You may call it "paraphrasing" but I would call it lying. I did condemn what was done at the Capitol Building and repeatedly said it was stupid.

At the same time this was a huge nothing burger. What's fascinating is how the MSM, the democrat party and you guys have grossly blown it out of proportion.

And you're right about me "drawing equivalencies that don't really work " here. I keep saying that the hundreds of riots over the last summer were just as bad. But the truth is they were WORSE by any reasonable standard.

Irwin20

You may call it "paraphrasing" but I would call it lying. I did condemn what was done at the Capitol Building and repeatedly said it was stupid.

At the same time this was a huge nothing burger. What's fascinating is how the MSM, the democrat party and you guys have grossly blown it out of proportion.

And you're right about me "drawing equivalencies that don't really work " here. I keep saying that the hundreds of riots over the last summer were just as bad. But the truth is they were WORSE by any reasonable standard.
4 hours vs 4 months. And it’s still going on.

Harrycrane

So the things being protested about were basically the same thing? Far right conspiracy guy and basically Gennys cousin is trying to make like he has a firm grasp of this . You’ll never get that it’s wrong for a sitting President t to lie to impressionable disciples riling them
Up to a rich lather with the goal of ultimately overturning the election by stopping the certification of votes . This is unprecedented . Protests in this country are not .

Gulliotine

You’ll never get that it’s wrong for a sitting President to lie to impressionable disciples riling them up to a rich lather with the goal of ultimately overturning the election by stopping the certification of votes .

First off, congrats on another awesome sentence! Some day I'll regret not aggregating them into a greatest hits collection!

Secondly--

1620212092319.png

lmao

Happier

Rioters at the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6. Photo: Lev Radin/Pacific Press/LightRocket via Getty Images

Joseph Hurley, the attorney for alleged Jan. 6 Capitol rioter Anthony Antonio, blamed Fox News for his client's actions, saying Antonio developed "Foxitis" after becoming addicted to the cable news network, according to CNN.

Why it matters: Hurley said at Antonio's virtual hearing Thursday that his client had lost his job at the start of the coronavirus pandemic and constantly watched Fox News, eventually coming to believe lies about the 2020 election that the network and former President Trump perpetuated.

Context: Antonio was charged with five federal crimes over his alleged participation in the pro-Trump riot, including violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and destruction of government property.

What they're saying: "He believed what was being fed to him," Hurley said.

Of note: Antonio's hearing was repeatedly interrupted by another alleged Capitol rioter, Landon Copeland, who prosecutors say stole a riot shield, turned a metal fence into a weapon and shoved other rioters into the police line during the riot.

Copeland, who was also scheduled for a hearing that day, "objected" to Hurley's comment about Fox News and told the attorney to shut up, according to CNN.

Go deeper: Prosecutor investigated over Capitol riot interview leaves DOJ

lotr10

Does this qualify as an insurrection? Armed BLM people blocking traffic? Note the action of the police officer here. He approaches the angry citizen who doesn't like sitting in a Saturday traffic jam caused by the BLM thugs. But rather then move the law breaking protesters out of the road this cop confronts the law abiding citizen. It's never legal to block traffic like this.

I'm seeing this cowardly behavior out of more and more police. Maybe BLM is on to something and we should defund the cops. If they're not going to enforce the law and protect law abiding citizens then who needs them? It's like some of these cops are taking the easy way out and confronting people who they know won't escalate the situation.

I've said it before but it bears repeating, police better make up their minds who they will "serve & protect".

winbypin

Does this qualify as an insurrection? Armed BLM people blocking traffic? Note the action of the police officer here. He approaches the angry citizen who doesn't like sitting in a Saturday traffic jam caused by the BLM thugs. But rather then move the law breaking protesters out of the road this cop confronts the law abiding citizen. It's never legal to block traffic like this.

I'm seeing this cowardly behavior out of more and more police. Maybe BLM is on to something and we should defund the cops. If they're not going to enforce the law and protect law abiding citizens then who needs them? It's like some of these cops are taking the easy way out and confronting people who they know won't escalate the situation.

I've said it before but it bears repeating, police better make up their minds who they will "serve & protect".

Just drive thru them. They will move then.

gneiss rocks

His flag is for the team the US Military defeated.

So what?
His flag represents many things to many people but that does not matter at all. As with burning the US Flagg, it represents a country so free you can do these things without the government being used against you. This is the freedom from government tyrany over the individuals rights (agree or disagree) our entire country is founded upon... Our government should never care what you do to a inanimate object within the law and no laws should ever give the right to our government over ones right to expression.

You could not be more wrong.
The very same could be said for the Union Jack. Tooooo many have died for these individual rights for anyone to infringe upon them.

Happier

So what?
His flag represents many things to many people but that does not matter at all. As with burning the US Flagg, it represents a country so free you can do these things without the government being used against you. This is the freedom from government tyrany over the individuals rights (agree or disagree) our entire country is founded upon... Our government should never care what you do to a inanimate object within the law and no laws should ever give the right to our government over ones right to expression.

The very same could be said for the Union Jack. Tooooo many have died for these individual rights for anyone to infringe upon them.
WE KNOW WHAT IT REPRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happier

So what?

Grock- even on this board which is EXTREMELY ALT RIGHT you are on the fringes.