Canton McKinley at Mentor (Who's going to wi this one ???)

Canton McKinley at Mentor (Who's going to win this one ???)

• Canton McKinley wins by: 7 points or less

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Canton McKinley wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Canton McKinley Senior wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mentor wins by: less 7 points

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Mentor wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Mentor wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 46 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To my point, Mentor looks like a very typical Mentor team, good offense maybe not as much team speed but definitely better than last years disappointing version. Top 4 (alphabetical) in region, in my opinion Cleveland Hts, Ed’s, Iggy and Mentor

Isn't Mentor vs. Iggy week 2? Also is the game at First Energy on Friday or Saturday?
Yes. The Mentor guys knows this stuff. He isn't one of us

Mentor vs Ignatius has been week 2 since 2005. The game is at first energy on Friday. The browns play there Saturday

Word out of McK they are not even looking hard at Week 1 yet, still working on getting down some basics. They know its a big challenge and will be looking forward to it. Hall knows its a long season and so many things change between Week 1 and Fed League play and approaches a season with more of a long view than previous coaches.

McKinley’s offensive line against Mentor’s defense (especially the matchup involving Mentor’s Vernon) will be a key part of this game. Secondly, the other matchup to look at will be the McKinley secondary against the receivers of Mentor.

This will be an exciting game for Mentor fans. The feeling from the players is that they have put something special together. The anticipation from families and the fan base to see the boys play and rebound from last season is abundant.

It will be interesting to see if Coach Gray plays the game conservatively or lets the buys go for it and show what they're capable of.

This will be an exciting game for Mentor fans. The feeling from the players is that they have put something special together. The anticipation from families and the fan base to see the boys play and rebound from last season is abundant.

It will be interesting to see if Coach Gray plays the game conservatively or lets the buys go for it and show what they're capable of.
On the one hand, it is great that the boys have the kinds of attitude I am hearing about and even seeing in interviews with the media. The mental attitude side of sports is very important. On the other hand, many players and teams across NEO have a similar attitude about their season. Everyone is 0-0 and optimism is often pretty high. Let's see how it all translates. Hope the boys have a great season. I'm looking forward to watching them in action soon.

I don't see any reason to play it too conservatively. Mentor was pretty aggressive last season in the opener against McKinley. The QB situation might be fluid throughout the season as Gray figures out what is working best.

I hope Mentor completely throat stomps McKinley to show everyone that they're back and not accepting mediocrity this season.

52-3 Mentor
You really think there are definitive messages sent Week 1? Lol ok ?‍♂️
I agree with my2sense here. Mentor throat stomped McKinley last year and they weren't their normal selves. Another throat stomping in week one this year doesn't prove anything.

I agree with my2sense here. Mentor throat stomped McKinley last year and they weren't their normal selves. Another throat stomping in week one this year doesn't prove anything.
The colorful comment was more meant to suggest that the boys and the program, could perhaps use a statement game to regain confidence and a bit of swagger. Being close to the program I'm aware of how much work the boys and the coaches have put in. A reward for that with a definitive win, against an opponent who some are saying could be worthy, would build momentum for them and be a barometer that their work has paid off.

You really think there are definitive messages sent Week 1? Lol ok ?‍♂️
Yes, I do, when it comes to showing players who watched their team fall apart last season that what they have been doing since then has paid off. Yes, I think it could be a definitive message.

The colorful comment was more meant to suggest that the boys and the program, could perhaps use a statement game to regain confidence and a bit of swagger. Being close to the program I'm aware of how much work the boys and the coaches have put in. A reward for that with a definitive win, against an opponent who some are saying could be worthy, would build momentum for them and be a barometer that their work has paid off.
Understood, however last year's "throat stomping" of McKinley proved to be a mirage. Good luck to Mentor this year.

I think the Cards will win but I think it will be a close game with the possibility
of the Pups' crossing the finish line with a surprise "W". McKinley has a lot of
talent returning from last year's team that finished 8-5.

As always, the Pups' are loaded with speed to burn.
23 returning players who lettered last season.
Just a few who I think will make the game very competitive.
Cynceir McNeal WR-S 6'4" 217 one of best 2 way players in Stark County.
Shawn Pirolozzi DB/RB Jr. who started as a sophmore.
Trey Mackey RB 4.7 YPC.

Keaton Rode QB Jr. rotated last year with Amarion Williams.
Rode completion rate of 47% will need to improve if the Pups' are to be formidable.
8 days until we find out. Can't wait.

Understood, however last year's "throat stomping" of McKinley proved to be a mirage. Good luck to Mentor this year.
In terms of records, Mentor and McKinley went in completely different directions once September hit. Mentor started off 2-0 with a convincing win over McKinley and the defeat of St Ignatius. Mentor went just 3-6 over their final nine games. McKinley would go on an 8-2 stretch following their 0-2 start.

I disagree that Week 1 was a complete mirage. If Mentor had the same healthy roster in a playoff rematch, they would’ve beaten McKinley in Week 11. It wouldn’t have been as convincing, but I would’ve felt very confident in a second win.