Canisius NY (4-0) @ Massillon (5-2)

Massillon#82

The Crusaders one of the top teams in NY so far this season come to PBTS Friday night. They lead the series 1-0 beating the Tigers in 2017 49-35.

#9 Tyler Baker is an outstanding dual threat QB, after all of the QB’s the Tigers have faced this year that can hurt you with their arm or legs the Tigers should definitely be prepared for him.

The 2017 game we just couldn’t stop them. They scored TD’s on 7 of their first 9 drives, the other 2 ended with a punt and the end of the half. The bad thing is this Tiger team is very similar especially on D to that 2017 team. Might be in for a long game Friday night.

For what it’s worth. Hoban beat St. Francis N.Y. 22-3 today. St. Francis beat St.Joe N.Y. 42-6. The following week Canisius beat St.Joe 66-0. Don’t know if St.Joe had the same personnel on the field for both games, weather conditions, home or away game. So, for what it’s worth !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-004243~2.png
    Screenshot_20210928-004243~2.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 57
They look like the real deal. I think it will be similar to the Ed/PC game. We'll hang around but will need to be alot sharper than we have been to pull it out. Hopefully Hartson is back.

For what it’s worth. Hoban beat St. Francis N.Y. 22-3 today. St. Francis beat St.Joe N.Y. 42-6. The following week Canisius beat St.Joe 66-0. Don’t know if St.Joe had the same personnel on the field for both games, weather conditions, home or away game. So, for what it’s worth !
My buddy is St Joe alumni and he said they’ve been trash the past couple years. He also said “They(canisius) recruit like crazy” so I’m assuming Canisius gets majority of Buffalo area talent.

Yes, you are correct. Canisius is a Jesuit (Private) school, similar to St. Ignatius and St. Xavier.
They’re nowhere near as good. NY State football is pretty weak. There’s a reason a lot of kids in the NYC metro area decide to play for the NJ Catholic powers.

Maybe you should research Canisius’ history and program. They have an excellent program.
I’m aware, I went to college with kids from Canisius. They’re a big dog in the state of NY but NY Football is pretty weak in terms of competition.

I’m aware, I went to college with kids from Canisius. They’re a big dog in the state of NY but NY Football is pretty weak in terms of competition.
If you put any stake into what cal preps says then Brunswick would be one of the best teams in New York. But Canisius shouldn’t be taken lightly, and I dont think the Tigers are anyway.

They’re nowhere near as good. NY State football is pretty weak. There’s a reason a lot of kids in the NYC metro area decide to play for the NJ Catholic powers.
Canisius is on the complete opposite side of the state from NYC. Are there even any football fields in NYC? lol

I don’t think he was saying that they are as good as X just that they’re are the same type of school.

Canisius is a very good program that draws from a large area. Just because the state of New York isn’t known for football doesn’t mean that every team there sucks. Especially when talking about the Buffalo area where people actually like football.

I'm sure a lot of similar things were said in 2017 and they came in here and won. I wouldn't take them lightly either.