Canfield v Poland Week 1

NeoFootballFan75

After a 2 year hiatus the rivalry is back between two brothers on their Fathers field. Teams combined for a 16-3 record last year & return a lot of very good players. On a thursday night & will more than likely be game of the week & has already gotten game of the week in Northeast Ohio for that Thursday. Thoughts on how this goes? I believe it’ll be a close one in Canfields favor.

Should be a great matchup. And it’s on a Thursday? Might have to check it out (or watch as I’m sure it’ll be broadcast live as GOTW).

Scrimmages hurt when preparing against someone like Canfield who runs the QB so well, because you’re not gonna get that type of look because most QB’s arnt to be hit.

Scrimmages hurt when preparing against someone like Canfield who runs the QB so well, because you’re not gonna get that type of look because most QB’s arnt to be hit.
Not only run the QB but throw the ball period, Kirtland’s offense plays into Poland’s strength & doesn’t give their DB’s a great look.

Keep us posted on the cards. I’m sure Poland got better with a quality scrimmage
Canfield defensively was lights out against Louisville. 7 sacks in the first half, only scored on 2nd team. Offense was alright, ran the ball well, QB was forced to force the ball down field when could have easily ran for a first when broke contain. All in all, defense looked great & offense looked solid.

Not only run the QB but throw the ball period, Kirtland’s offense plays into Poland’s strength & doesn’t give their DB’s a great look.
I heard that scrimmage was way worse then the 14-0 score but hey it’s game week! Good luck to your cards I’m hoping for a win from you me boys this Thursday

Why not keep this game in week 1 going forward? Make a tradition out of it. Week 1 every year on Thu night. Easy GOTW!
Moving this game to week 3 kills a lot of the hype heading into the season, IMO.

Heard that Polands Freshman team had to cancel their week 1 game due to Covid. If the freshman practice with the varsity, why wouldn't the Varsity game be cancelled as well? Any thoughts?

Poland's freshman never practiced with the varsity in the past. Maybe that has changed?
Most schools don’t if they have enough players to field a freshmen team. Games will get cancelled this year, but they’re gonna do whatever it takes to keep them on.