Can Kings run the table - D2 playoff discussion

No they didn’t. Cory Beasley and the rest were in the game until the end. The starting QB for Lasalle got hurt. They put the young fast QB in and he ran a long run for a TD to make the game 21 to 7 with a couple of minutes left.

Well, your point about the defense is true but all three La Salle offensive TDs were called back by holding calls. Not sure about the first two, but the last TD should not have been called back. And Cope just got some snaps at QB like most games ... it wasn't that Mattingly got hurt.

On a side note, Cope seems to be the starter now. I'm not sure if Mattingly is hurt or just got benched.

When is the last time anyone in the Columbus area one a D2 title? Heck Hillard and Pick central have a few titles in D1 in the last 20 years. Then Desales has has what one in D3 in the same amount of time. Hartley a few in D4 and D3. The Columbus are is not known for winning to many football titles period.

If region 8 is awful, how is region 7 besides Massillon? Your argument is that you beat Troy a few years ago and almost beat WW a couple years ago. What else has your team done? In the last 15 years region 8 has had Loveland, WW, Trotwood, Anderson and LaSalle win titles.

Oh wait you were in Region 6 with Piqua in 06 when they one the title. Does that count for you.
Don't waste your time with this clown. He's like a herpes virus that lays dormant for 10-11 months, and then resurfaces every year about this time with his annual Region 8 is weak rants. He's a nuisance, but nonsensical and harmless. The Ohio High School Division II State football playoff finals are essentially the Region 8 Invitational plus Hoban.

Don't waste your time with this clown. He's like a herpes virus that lays dormant for 10-11 months, and then resurfaces every year about this time with his annual Region 8 is weak rants. He's a nuisance, but nonsensical and harmless. The Ohio High School Division II State football playoff finals are essentially the Region 8 Invitational plus Hoban.
Yeah I ignore him. Haven’t responded to one of his rants in quite a while.

I think region 8 is more wide open than people think. La Salle is obviously the favorite until someone can beat them. Piqua and Kings are undefeated and Anderson is red hot right now. Also Winton Woods should never be counted out.
The Anderson HC doesn’t believe in Punting. Hard to win Playoff Games with a few of his goofy Coaching philosophies.

Teays Valley fans seem to know their place, unlike the neverending rash of absolutely clueless homers who have posted above about other teams.
Yes TV fans know exactly who we are. Great community, incredible kids and district. Situationally we are a growing district with amazing facilities and community support. We are in a team building, culture building phase with great people in charge! Are we there yet... no. Are we on our way... We'll just let the talking happen on the field. Frankly.... adults that talk about or degrade other peoples kids on forums like this or social media platforms are mouth breathers.....

Like how you failed to mention WW first touchdown was on a fumble return and their second was after an interception gave them good field position.
All very good points as there were several plays that stood out, but no one mentioned the questionable WW block in the back call at the 1 yard line going in, that would have put them up 20-7. That call pushed the ball back to the 11 and after a holding call and a couple of Kings stops pushed WW out of FG range. Region 8 is really down this year. If a team like Anderson could get a few stops they could come out of the region.

Yes TV fans know exactly who we are. Great community, incredible kids and district. Situationally we are a growing district with amazing facilities and community support. We are in a team building, culture building phase with great people in charge! Are we there yet... no. Are we on our way... We'll just let the talking happen on the field. Frankly.... adults that talk about or degrade other peoples kids on forums like this or social media platforms are mouth breathers.....
I generally like TV. I also think they're just getting nowhere as a program playing the league schedule that they do for football.

Well, your point about the defense is true but all three La Salle offensive TDs were called back by holding calls. Not sure about the first two, but the last TD should not have been called back. And Cope just got some snaps at QB like most games ... it wasn't that Mattingly got hurt.

On a side note, Cope seems to be the starter now. I'm not sure if Mattingly is hurt or just got benched.
We have had our on share of “Holding Calls” over the years. So I don’t
All very good points as there were several plays that stood out, but no one mentioned the questionable WW block in the back call at the 1 yard line going in, that would have put them up 20-7. That call pushed the ball back to the 11 and after a holding call and a couple of Kings stops pushed WW out of FG range. Region 8 is really down this year. If a team like Anderson could get a few stops they could come out of the region.
You guys are a riot. Lol. Would’ve, could‘ve, should’ve! That game was week 2! GCL SOUTH guys are really complaining about ref calls or lack of? ?? Are you serious? You guys should be worrying about Elder!

We have had our on share of “Holding Calls” over the years. So I don’t

You guys are a riot. Lol. Would’ve, could‘ve, should’ve! That game was week 2! GCL SOUTH guys are really complaining about ref calls or lack of? ?? Are you serious? You guys should be worrying about Elder!
I don’t think we are complaining about the calls Week 2 … I was just pointing out that there were no offensive TDS for La Salle in that game and that I thought the one was a bad call.

In fact, I believe the second post you quote was about the Kings games.

Who knows w this R8. WW dominated Kings in 1st half. Coaches decide to go for it twice on 4th down and didn't convert either. Lasalle took it to WW week 2 as WW couldn't muster any offense but I hear Lasalle is fighting the injury bug, I'll still go WW VS LASALLE to get to the final 4. WW is sticking to running the ball & playing good defense.

No they didn’t. Cory Beasley and the rest were in the game until the end. The starting QB for Lasalle got hurt. They put the young fast QB in and he ran a long run for a TD to make the game 21 to 7 with a couple of minutes left.
The final score is all that counts.

You need to tell the Lasalle guys that! I never brought it up! SMH
Go back and read there post. We got 2, 3 TD’s call back. Or the starters were out the entire second half. Etc

Actually, it was someone named warriorsrbest that mentioned the LS/WW game first. He was also the one who said LS dominated the game. As far as I know, I’m the only LS person in this thread and all I said was three TDs were called back. Is that wrong? I remember it well.

Actually, it was someone named warriorsrbest that mentioned the LS/WW game first. He was also the one who said LS dominated the game. As far as I know, I’m the only LS person in this thread and all I said was three TDs were called back. Is that wrong? I remember it well.
So they committed penalties to score, correct? At least the refs thought so.

So they committed penalties to score, correct? At least the refs thought so.
Probably. The one I saw up close was a pretty bad call, but it didn’t affect the outcome of the game. I’m not sure why your panties are so bunched up over this. Sounds to me like a Winton Woods fan took us down this odd path.

I think the top 7 in the region should stay the same after Friday night.... the other 9 spots on the other hand I think a lot will happen and it will be fun to watch.

Playoffs will be interesting to see which teams peak when it matter. I still see a La Salle vs Winton Woods rematch in the regional final.
Tend to agree but I think Kings is still being overlooked due to past performance in R8. They have solidified the O-line since the WW game and the passing game is very good. The D has been outstanding all year and continues to be. They are well coached. I think they will be a tough out.