Caleb Brown

Crickets on this question? Anyone know anything on Caleb Brown? The stride report says something about him being in the transfer portal. I'm not a subscriber so I don't have access to any additional info.

Last I heard, he was in the transfer portal. Not sure if he still is or not. Either way, highly doubtful he's back at UW.

Oregon might be the favorites this year. I could use a break from the NAU dominance.
The Ducks are definitely loaded. They've got Cole Hocker, Charlie Hunter, Jackson Mestler, and Cooper Teare all back. Keep in mind that they didn't even compete last season in XC since it was such an odd season and they wanted to focus on track. The NCAA XC championship was held in the early spring just after the indoor championship. Oregon did well in both, winning the indoor meet and finishing 2nd outdoors. Aside from Caleb Brown, Elliott Cook of Jerome is also on the Ducks' roster.

Notre Dame might be more of a threat to NAU than Oregon is. They return their top 6 guys that all picked up All-American honors at the XC meet and they gave NAU a run for its money. ND's top 5 guys were in the top 25. Zach Kreft of Buckeye Valley is still on the Irish roster but did not run in the NCAA championship. Last weekend he won the Valparaiso Open.

NAU won't give up the crown easily. Luis Grijalva and Blaise Ferro are both out of eligibility and are big losses. Grijalva, in particular, is a huge loss. Nico Young and Abdihamid Nur were both in the top 10 at the NCAA XC championship last year and are returning. NAU also picked up Big 10 champ George Kusche who transferred from Nebraska. Drew Bosley, Brodey Hasty, and guys that I'm not even familiar with will probably have an impact as well.

Last edited: