Buying Tickets at the Door

WhatsupDoc

I'm at the Hoover Green game and I was just told that the State is now requiring schools to sell tickets online. Is this just another way for the State to make more money??? know some older people who wouldn't feel comfortable buying a ticket online. I think it will hurt over all attendance.

I'm at the Hoover Green game and I was just told that the State is now requiring schools to sell tickets online. Is this just another way for the State to make more money??? know some older people who wouldn't feel comfortable buying a ticket online. I think it will hurt over all attendance.
Starting when? I just bought at the gate Saturday.

I have been 2 for 2 in paying cash at the door so far this season.

Locally, according to the league website, 4 schools are accepting cash at the gate.
Some state Credit Card only at the gate, and if it is like at some of the football games during the regular season it is directly to them and no service fee but if you do the presale CC it has to go through that hometown ticketing.

Not accepting cash is ridiculous. There is no evidence of Covid being transmitted by touch.
I agree with you, not accepting legal tender is a problem to me but I don't think the reasons for options are being given as disease. If they're going to make credit card legal tender then I think they should be required to not upcharge with fees at either the ticketing or the card company.

How clear OP's language he can clarify but he didn't say forbidden to accept cash. He said required to sell on-line. Possible as an option? And as already mentioned, state/OHSAA does not require that so maybe it was a local decision passed off as being a directive from state to avoid repercussion or just bad info?

On yeah and there is an extra "Convenience Fee". Like $1.75. Guess what IT IS NOT CONVENIENT!!! You go to 15 games and take kids your paying an extra $80-100 a season!! And what happens if I buy a ticket and can't go, can I get a refund.

How about I pay CASH and save some MONEY!!!
Plus I don't have to download another stupid app on my phone, that could expose me to identify theft!!! And what about people over 60 who aren't the best with Technology???

Who else would rather just pay cash and SAVE MONEY!!!
I'm sorry if I sound like a get off my lawn kinda guy, but I just don't get it.

Not selling tickets at the gate for cash is ridiculous and has already stopped me from going to two girls and one boys game this year. That's three tickets they would have sold. I just didn't want to go thru the hassle of doing it online.

We had an 8th grade game last week which charged admission and would only allow online ticket purchase. So we had to pay $2 for admission and then another $1.50 in convivence fees. Totally ridiculous for a middle school game.

I’ve seen multiple schools that offer both on-line and cash at the gate, but the tickets are cheaper if you buy on-line. That’s before the fee, it comes out to almost the same either way

We had an 8th grade game last week which charged admission and would only allow online ticket purchase. So we had to pay $2 for admission and then another $1.50 in convivence fees. Totally ridiculous for a middle school game.
Our middle school games are $4 and have been for years. If you put 125 people in the stands it barely covers the cost of game help and expenses.

I’ve seen multiple schools that offer both on-line and cash at the gate, but the tickets are cheaper if you buy on-line. That’s before the fee, it comes out to almost the same either way
In our changing world some people do not carry cash anymore so they would rather do an online purchase.

A school in our area has elected to do all tickets online and they are all the same price, kids and adults. the difference in the cost covers the fees. So if you are parents coming to watch you kid the cost is the same as in the past but if you have students attending you may be paying a couple extra bucks. One price for a contest, the same for every age.

Paid cash at the door for a high school game the other night.

Tickets for local middle school game are "online only".

Not a State requirement. Definitely easier for the schools in many ways, but does add an increased cost to the spectators. The ticketing companies are making out just fine.

B
I have a season ticket, but we accept cash at the door.
But aren’t they $6 online and $8 at the gate? I have a season pass too, but I thought that’s what I read. I know I went to a game at Shenandoah the other day and it was $8 at the gate or $7 online

Cadetfan23, there is a "Convenience" fee of close to $2 when you purchase online. I just don't understand why they won't take cash. My in-laws wouldn't be able to figure out the app. Nor would my father in law want to down load another app. Losing out on fans coming to the game

Reactions: y2h
B

But aren’t they $6 online and $8 at the gate? I have a season pass too, but I thought that’s what I read. I know I went to a game at Shenandoah the other day and it was $8 at the gate or $7 online
That is true. Or you can go to the school and buy them in advance for $7.

Cadetfan23, there is a "Convenience" fee of close to $2 when you purchase online. I just don't understand why they won't take cash. My in-laws wouldn't be able to figure out the app. Nor would my father in law want to down load another app. Losing out on fans coming to the game
I went to a soccer game this fall. Forgot to buy my ticket early and get it cheaper. I actually didn't remember to buy my ticket until as I was walking up to the gate. I literally pulled my phone out and purchased my ticket and had the code on my phone for the ticket lady by the time I got to the gate, never breaking my walking stride. It took me less than 60 seconds, and no I didn't have an app downloaded, just went to the ticket website.

People just really want to find anything possible to complain about, and this is a person that always carries cash because I prefer to pay with cash.

It's is not a state requirement but a lot of district Treasurers are very big on the online thing because it totally eliminates the exchanges of cash. This removes the ability for someone to steal which unfortunately is a common place in schools. Most of the time when the money comes up missing the Treasurer or the direct administrator in charge becomes responsible for the loss of cash, either paying it themselves are chasing down those that they think took it. Paperless transactions make them giddy at this point.

A co worker brought up a good point. Online purchasing allows schools to know who was at the game to contact trace. So if there is COVID easier to identify what student were at the game. Not sure if I agree with this though.

I go to every boys and girls home basketball game. If they arent going to accept my cash they will lose a good bit of money.

It's is not a state requirement but a lot of district Treasurers are very big on the online thing because it totally eliminates the exchanges of cash. This removes the ability for someone to steal which unfortunately is a common place in schools. Most of the time when the money comes up missing the Treasurer or the direct administrator in charge becomes responsible for the loss of cash, either paying it themselves are chasing down those that they think took it. Paperless transactions make them giddy at this point.
Yes lazy administrators.

I went to a soccer game this fall. Forgot to buy my ticket early and get it cheaper. I actually didn't remember to buy my ticket until as I was walking up to the gate. I literally pulled my phone out and purchased my ticket and had the code on my phone for the ticket lady by the time I got to the gate, never breaking my walking stride. It took me less than 60 seconds, and no I didn't have an app downloaded, just went to the ticket website.

People just really want to find anything possible to complain about, and this is a person that always carries cash because I prefer to pay with cash.
Great for you. I don't have a cell. Many do not. If there is a cash option and so many are so in love with the cashless option, won't they still prefer to use it or are they using it only because they are forced to?

With planning, sure I can buy a ticket using internet and if it's not too late, go to a library to print it. I appreciate that you acknowledge, people forget. I can honestly say both my football and basketball entertainment has been quite curtailed. Basketball in total actually. Dinasaurs get buried, this is a fact of life. But OHSAA, the schools, these are organizations built for the epress purpose to serve people, to keep that from happening to them. I'm glad there is still discussion onthe issue. It gives hope that a better solution will be discussed and found.

MentorGrad, I'm with you. Why should we have to pay a BS fee to the State. When other schools take cash. I'm very disappointed in Federal League school. Most people don't realize it's not a state mandate to have online tickets. And that a lot of schools sell tickets at the door for cash.