Brother Bennett Nettleton

spongebob

"Gentlemen"

I just read on the other thread that Bro. Bennett passed away this morning at the Dujarie House at Notre Dame. I'll never forget him or his history museum. The St. Edward community lost a great man today.

spongebob,

Everyone who has walked the halls of St.Edward I am sure would have fond memories of Bro. Bennett. Just a wonderful human being and had the best classroom at the school.

I always liked it when he'd have to explain to kids that his collection of historical Hookahs were meant for tobacco use only and were only decorative in nature.

What is the status of his Museum? Is there a new curator? Or will it be burried with him like King Tut?

I'll always remember his birthday wishes too: "today is November 17th, ALL day, and we are celebrating...."

sehs95,
Mr.Wallenhorst is the new teacher in the museum. I work at St. Ed's during the summer and i had a chance to go into Brother Bennett's old room in the current Brothers house at St.Ed's. We braught up a lot more very interesting artafacts and have moved things around, and opened up more things, it looks very nice. And Mr.Wallenhorst was the perfict teacher to run the museum and is a great teacher. If you are interested you should stop by and take a look around it was moved up into room 104, I believe. The big Hookah is up on the left when u step in the class! I never had the chance of meeting Bro. Bennett but I have hered nothing but great stories of his teachings.

Shaneequa said:
The big Hookah is up on the left when u step in the class!

Hookah?? as in singular? The Janitorial staff must have raided his collection if there is only one left.

Anyone ever take his Oriental culture class? I'm still not sure if it was a highlight of the class or a lowlight when he handed out samplings of Chinese Candy. If candied Ginger is a treat in China I think I'll stick to the old U.S of A.

"They hooted, they hollered, they tooted on their bazookas!"

One could envision the battle as Bro. Bennett spoke the above line about one uprising or another.

I'm sure St. Peter will have a huge "Humdinger" on Brother's paperwork when he arrives at the pearly gates.

The museum is still in place but a on-line version was curated last year. See above article for a link to the on-line archive.

The museum is still in place but a on-line version was curated last year. See above article for a link to the on-line archive.
Pretty Sweet!!! It's been over 30 years since I've sat in Brother Bennet's class, but I remember looking at that Nefertiti statue all the time. I looked it up in the archive and there it was:) Thanks Pete!