Braxton Miller and new Ohio Prep School

ELKSONE

#EPND
This is interesting; wondering if this will become a dominant high school football program as it will attract some of the best players.

( Sent from DaytonDaily )

Sadly, I hope this never succeeds. High school sports is becoming too commercialized. Stay at home. Play for a local school. These type of "prep" schools do not help athletes. Great athletes find their way to college without the help of playing for a mini-University.

In my opinion, they will have a hard time getting games because the OHSAA will not recognize them and count the results for playoff points. That is , if this program ever gets started and up and running.

Last edited:
It won’t get off the ground. The cost to maintain the Urbana campus will be through the roof. A lot of those buildings are older as well. They won’t get many area kids if any. This will be another Bishop Sycamore.

In my opinion, they will have a hard time getting games because the OHSAA will not recognize them and count the results for playoff points. That is , if this program ever gets started and up and running.
Didn’t stop Bishop Sycamore from getting games. They’ll be able to make a schedule easy.

It seems the primary objective should be the cognitive, physical, social and moral development of the student as opposed to the entertainment of an adult living vicariously through the high school athlete. School sports should focus first on this objective.

There are many things involved in this process and any one of them could be a complete lecture. However, among the least of these should be the entertainment of any sports fans.

Negative comments about a new approach, especially by former fans of the innovator, tends to reveal the true character of those criticizing an effort.

Last edited:
It won’t get off the ground. The cost to maintain the Urbana campus will be through the roof. A lot of those buildings are older as well. They won’t get many area kids if any. This will be another Bishop Sycamore.

Nah. They're doing it the right way. BS conned everyone from the start. The 2 are nothing alike.

There is a lot of work and money ahead before this program gets started.
They have people in the investment group where millions mean nothing and only serve to limt tax liability. I do not think money will be an issue.

This idea is trying to copy IMG. The main difference is IMG already had a successful tennis academy and NFL training and a great Lacross program and deep pockets. It had a solid foundation and alot of cash behind to suffer losses by recruiting elite talent and handing them free scholarships. We will see if Braxton has the same money and prestige behind his.

From what I've read, their schedule wouldn't be hs, it would be others, like them (Bishop Sycamore types).

Here's a link to the press release: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP1Fx5lXMAcXvTG?format=jpg&name=medium . Take away the ambiguous language and buzzwords and it doesn't say much. According their web site, pdisports.com , they (whoever they are) are building another Pro Development Institute on the site of the Launch Pad Sports Complex in Cocoa, Florida. As for Urbana, I'll wait until Franklin University says the sale is actually finalized.

Last edited:
This idea is trying to copy IMG. The main difference is IMG already had a successful tennis academy and NFL training and a great Lacross program and deep pockets. It had a solid foundation and alot of cash behind to suffer losses by recruiting elite talent and handing them free scholarships. We will see if Braxton has the same money and prestige behind his.
The parent company that currently owns IMG is a talent and media agency. Guess which agency now has inroads to the IMG alum when they need representation after going pro?

Points for the playoffs are basically only for seeding now that they’ve expanded so much. So teams will schedule them instead of just having an off week midseason

Points for the playoffs are basically only for seeding now that they’ve expanded so much. So teams will schedule them instead of just having an off week midseason
I'm not sure a coach would want their kids to go up against JUCO kids, but they might.

The parent company that currently owns IMG is a talent and media agency. Guess which agency now has inroads to the IMG alum when they need representation after going pro?
International Management Group (IMG) purchased Nick Bollerti's tennis academy in the late 1980s, later adding golf and finally growing it to what it is today. I have no doubt that the initially purchased it to have inroads to rising tennis stars. My point is that this is not a new development.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!! Its hilarious how people think the can replicate IMG's model without knowing their backstory. IMG is a huge media conglomerate and they represent entertainers from supermodels to racecar drivers. They money is looong. I think an easier inroad is to partner with some of these community colleges who nixed athletics via covid and farm out their athletic program.

Ding ding ding ding ding!!! Its hilarious how people think the can replicate IMG's model without knowing their backstory. IMG is a huge media conglomerate and they represent entertainers from supermodels to racecar drivers. They money is looong. I think an easier inroad is to partner with some of these community colleges who nixed athletics via covid and farm out their athletic program.
Money aside, it was 15 years before golf and other sports were added, seven more years before the school opened, 11 more years before a football program started, and three more years before they fielded their first team. The idea that someone can open a full-fledged grade 9-12 boarding school complete with varsity football and other sports on day one is ludicrous.

Last edited:
Money aside, it was 15 years before golf and other sports were added, seven more years before the school opened, 11 more years before a football program started, and three more years before they fielded their first team. The idea that someone can open a full-fledged grade 9-12 school complete with varsity football on day one is ludicrous.
I agree. You think they can start with tennis? haha