Boardman Head Coaching Job

Spartan0505

And here we are again, Boardman is looking for a new coach after just one year as Antram resigned and took the Chaney job. Thoughts on who the candidates will be?

Tom Phillips anyone?
Pure speculation on my part but Philips already resigned from Stow. YSU Player Personnel Director, Tim Johnson also resigned to start his on business. This is the same position Philips held at Cinci. I am putting pieces together here and I could be wrong but it wouldn't be a shock if he ends up at YSU.
Maybe Boardman goes to the 2nd place candidate from last time, who I think ended up getting the Campbell job but teaches in Boardman I believe.

Pure speculation on my part but Philips already resigned from Stow. YSU Player Personnel Director, Tim Johnson also resigned to start his on business. This is the same position Philips held at Cinci. I am putting pieces together here and I could be wrong but it wouldn't be a shock if he ends up at YSU.
Maybe Boardman goes to the 2nd place candidate from last time, who I think ended up getting the Campbell job but teaches in Boardman I believe.
Should kidnap brungard or Guerriero before you do that…

I thought the HC at Lakeview Bellino was the 2nd place candidate for the Boardman job last year?

Here’s a thought. Maybe go outside the norm of the area and not hire a recycled Youngstown guy. Definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different result. If they hire the coach from Campbell there’s no sense in talking about this program anymore as it cements it’s place as irrelevant

They need to at least try to land a big name to keep the program relevant, as the program isn't in the kind of shape sadly where you just promote from within.

Dan Pallante was being groomed to be the HC for example when Bohren resigned, but that was about the only successful promotion Boardman had of late. D'Eramo got by on talent alone and his true HC colors came out the next season.

Hopefully the next head coach will do more to enforce discipline with his players, I am sure the departing coach will like not being at a place that cares about giving up cheap penalties.

Already a done deal. He will be joining his brother on the YSU staff in January while bringing along a 300 lb. OT recruit from Stow.

I heard the same thing about Sam Bellino. He was the runner up for the Boardman job.
What was Lakeview's record, 1-9? King or Bellino deserve a chance. One year developing their concept at new schools do not finalize them as bad coaches. If you have a Head Coach in the building from another high school then they deserve a chance.

What was Lakeview's record, 1-9? King or Bellino deserve a chance. One year developing their concept at new schools do not finalize them as bad coaches. If you have a Head Coach in the building from another high school then they deserve a chance.
Not when their will better candidates the kids deserve the best coach, just not a guy that is a coach that happens to teach their

This is a good job… Always have good tough kids That I feel in the past have really underachieved… They always seem to lose a game or two that they have no business losing. Should draw a lot of interest with a lot of quality candidates.

Those were the remaining candidates aside from Antram. Hall just won a state championship, guess that doesn't count because he wasn't the HC.

Yes kuntz would leave the nfl for Boardman. Lol
that is what I was going to reply with…
So two guys who went 1-19 and a guy (mike Popio jr) who I have never heard of. If they could of offered hall a job then they would of last time. If you have bad options might as well hire the guy who teaches there.

Would look for someone who doesn't need a teaching job. If Boardman doesn't have any administrative openings then they'll keep losing guys like Antram. A retired guy would be best.