Blue Origin Bezos Launch

Shortly after Jeff Bezos — the world's richest man — completed his first spaceflight, Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D., Oreg.) announced he's working on a plan for a new tax targeting space tourism.

The Securing Protections Against Carbon Emissions (SPACE) Tax Act would create new excise taxes on commercial space flights with human passengers for non-research purposes.

I hate to think what these "people" would post if someting had happened. Amazon may pay well, it may not. A different debate. He got rich risking his money in his own company. He's not making money for these flights. He's investing. For a CEO, his salary is one of the more reasonable I read. No? He made a point to take a Mercury 13, to fulfull a dream by proxy for many. He took a kid. That is the sort of thing that inspires generations.

So really, what is the beef with the guy? He a jerk?

I hate to think what these "people" would post if someting had happened. Amazon may pay well, it may not. A different debate. He got rich risking his money in his own company. He's not making money for these flights. He's investing. For a CEO, his salary is one of the more reasonable I read. No? He made a point to take a Mercury 13, to fulfull a dream by proxy for many. He took a kid. That is the sort of thing that inspires generations.

So really, what is the beef with the guy? He a jerk?
He has money and hasn't bent over backwards to donate himself into poverty.

He has money and hasn't bent over backwards to donate himself into poverty.

Who has, you? If it's mandated, than it's hardly charity. I prefer my government not be involved in God's decisions. If someone has in their head what someone else should be giving, then I don't think they understand "charity." I doubt anyone knows that man's personal contributions but money doesn't just sit inactive. It is invested in other things that do provide wages, probably much of them more than even what he pays his bottom line, one day training have a pulse part-timers, which isn't bad in an Ohio economy.

I'm all in for using consumer pressures to sway company policy. There's personal risk there to balance results. Wanna bet how many times these people wishing him death have used his convenient low paying services without their hearts skipping a single beat?

Who has, you? If it's mandated, than it's hardly charity. I prefer my government not be involved in God's decisions. If someone has in their head what someone else should be giving, then I don't think they understand "charity." I doubt anyone knows that man's personal contributions but money doesn't just sit inactive. It is invested in other things that do provide wages, probably much of them more than even what he pays his bottom line, one day training have a pulse part-timers, which isn't bad in an Ohio economy.

I'm all in for using consumer pressures to sway company policy. There's personal risk there to balance results. Wanna bet how many times these people wishing him death have used his convenient low paying services without their hearts skipping a single beat?
I was simply answering what "some" peoples beef with him is. I agree with all you said.